Sign in to follow this  
sensual_sloth

is it normal for sellers to change shipping costs after payment ?

sensual_sloth

I bought an item, asked the seller for a quote before bidding, received the quote. I bid, won and paid the more expensive option for speed services as per the quote given to me and 1 week later I received an email saying that prices went up and I must pay a further R110 to receive my item. That was 5 days ago. I was very angry and so still haven't responded. I wanted to find out if this is standard practice because I feel that I asked for a quote and received it ... the shipping information already stated that prices went up and that it would now be R80 per speed services item. Now suddenly I must pay R200 because speed services went up again? Does this sound normal? I really want the item but am very put out by this.

Vinyl Lady Decals

Speed Services as with all post office services go up once a year on 1 April. I think this seller miscalculated the shipping cost and is now asking for extra payment. In my view, as a seller, on BoB since 2008, sellers should stick to whatever costs are quoted. If a seller makes a mistake, then he or she must be professional enough to accept it as a loss.

sensual_sloth

Hi there and thank you very much for the response. I just wanted to make sure I'm not being unreasonable in my thoughts. If i'd been quoted the R200 to begin with, I would have accepted it but probably bid a little less on the item. I really do love the piece but I'm just upset by the way in which things are panning out. Thank you very much Vinyl Lady Decals.

BABADAUD

Edited by BABADAUD

Cali Craft and Gems

Not siding with the seller, but perhaps the item is too large for regular Speed Services and he / she was not aware of this? Also, most post offices have run out of Speed bags and 1kg stickers so the sellers' are stuck with having to either wait for stock, or to pay the higher fees for the 2kg label.

Perhaps chat with the seller before reporting them - maybe their post office is ripping them off!

BABADAUD

Edited by BABADAUD