Sign in to follow this  
brunnill

seller cancles sale after payment

brunnill

Good day!

I bought 4 items this morning and paid for it immediately only to get an email later saying i should be refunded as items were marked wrong!

What should happen now

thanks

brunnill

Good Day!

Is there any one who could please advice me on how to handle this matter-

I bought 4 items this morning and paid for it immediately only to get an email later saying i should be refunded as items were marked wrong!

What should happen now

BABADAUD

Edited by BABADAUD

admin

Hi brunnill,

Welcome to the forums.

Looking at the listing, it is clear to me that the seller made an honest mistake with the price when listing the item. Yes, the seller should have double checked the listing before confirming it, but this unfortunately happens, not the first time and surely will not be the last.

http://www.bidorbuy.co.za/item/183770645/_REDUCED_to_CLEAR_Metal_Detector_Gold_Digger_3_8_Inch_LCD_Screen_Sensitivity_Adjustment_G562.html

I think you both should find some amicable solution here, the seller will be warned for not double checking the listing. Please do not send in another ticket as the first one you sent to Costumer Service is on the system and will be attended to as soon as possible.

Thank you.

admin

Hi CaramiC,

I see you changed your user name and sent in another ticket to Community Watch. I have closed the ticket sent to Customer Service as it is a duplicate ticket.

Thank you.

Cali Craft and Gems

A buyer recently secured an item that I'd listed incorrectly - price on BoB R150 - actual price in our store R1050 - my loss his gain!

As a seller, if I list the price incorrectly (or if I'd listed it as a R1 crazy auction and the item sells way below the price I'd like it to) then it is my responsibility, and I am obligated to supply said item to the buyer.

It's all in the terms and conditions one agrees to bide by when signing onto BoB!

admin
A buyer recently secured an item that I'd listed incorrectly - price on BoB R150 - actual price in our store R1050 - my loss his gain!

As a seller, if I list the price incorrectly (or if I'd listed it as a R1 crazy auction and the item sells way below the price I'd like it to) then it is my responsibility, and I am obligated to supply said item to the buyer.

It's all in the terms and conditions one agrees to bide by when signing onto BoB!

Thank you Cali Craft and Gems, it is good to know that there are sellers with integrity and good ethics on bidorbuy. Each case will however be treated on its own merits.

I have asked the Head of Security, Razark, to look into this. Whatever conclusion he comes to, will be fine by me.

Just Beachin

Costumer Service:laugh:

Free Soul Styles

We all take chances in R1 auctions. If an item sells below what we want, then so be it. Buyers luck!

Sadly, this has happened a few times with some sellers. I say they should be disabled for 1 month if found guilty of this.

Not1CentMore

Well said.

No different than seeing an ad in the newspaper for an item at such-and-such a price, going to the store, adding it to your shopping cart and when getting to the check out, the clerk telling you the ad is incorrect; they made a mistake and the item is not on sale. Their mistake is THEIR mistake, not the customer's. ANY business 'worth a grain of salt' will honor the sale and 'swallow' the loss.

With that said, I went to the market a few years back and found 12 packages of butterfly pork chops, each marked at .17-cents a pound. Eyes bugged out and I put all of them into my cart. At checkout, the clerk looked at the price, said there had been an error in pricing and she could not sell them at that price. I told her the store was selling them at the marked price and I was willing to pay the marked price. Still refusing to 'ring them up', I asked for the manager. Manager came and the clerk told him whats-the-what and, after double checking the price printed on the package, told me the meat department had made a mistake and he could not sell them at that price. Told him the same thing I told the clerk... I was willing to pay THEIR price marked on each package. He then proceeded to tell me that my buying them at the price on each package was 'stealing' and if I insisted and bought them at the price shown on the packages and walked out the door, he would have to call the police and press charges for theft. Oh, yeah, that went over like a floating piece of poop in a punch bowl. I told him while the clerk was 'ringing them up', he might as well get to dialing as I would be standing at the door waiting for the red and blue flashing lights. Needless to say, the manager told the clerk to ring them up and I walked out of the market without 'bracelets' on my wrists.

Ruthie