Sign in to follow this  
DisruptorZA

Returned items not being collected at post office by seller

DisruptorZA

Hi everyone

On 1 April i bought 2 headlamps from a seller with a 95% (3000+) positive rating. What was advertised in all the pictures was a reflector based (like a normal flashlight) LED headlamp, what was sent to me was optics based (like a magnifying glass) headlamps that does not even look like the one on the ad. The boxes they came in also had the reflector based lights pictures on them so i was quite surprised when i opened them up. They also did not have the type of LED emitter in them as advertised.

At first i thought maybe the seller did not now about this as well but it was written and checked off "Tested, 2 x units, Boxed" so whoever did that must have noticed. I notified the seller about this and asked for either a refund or headlamps that matches the ad pictures and with the correct LED's in them by visual inspection. He asked me to return them and that i will be refunded when he's received them so i sent them back the next day (14 April).

I sent the tracking number to him via email and sms right afterwards stating in the email that the post office said it should be there Tuesday. On the 22nd i sent another sms that the package should be there and on the 23rd another email that the lady at the post office said it will be there so he can pick it up. Tracking on the website has not updated that's why i went to the post office to find out, went again on the 24th and asked them to call his post office and confirm if the package was there and they said it has been there since the 17th.

On the same day i notified him about this and he said he'll go again and that he's not sure why they did not give him the parcel (response was 1:34 PM). Giving some time for a response i waited until 7:09 PM then send another massage that i need to know what is happening and that bidorbuy's buyer protection is starting to look like my only option as i have less than a week left of the 30 days they give to do so.

I have tried my best to get this moving along by checking up on the parcel at the post office and notifying the seller, not my job i know but patience has it's limits and not getting any updates about it without firing off bunch of emails and sms's is getting to me :sowsuser:

I'm quite new to buying on bidorbuy so any advice would be appreciated.

Vinyl Lady Decals

Report the seller to community watch, give them a call, sometimes getting BoB management involved helps

DisruptorZA

Thank you, i have sent community watch an email explaining everything and attached all emails regarding the order.

DisruptorZA

Update:

When the seller said they could not find the package at his post office yesterday i went to my post office again this morning and told them that it could not be found. After they called the destination post office again they found out it actually only got there yesterday...

Hopefully it really is there this time, next time i will not be so quick to take the word of the post office.

I've asked CW to cancel my ticket and sent the seller another mail to let him know about it and apologized for going on about it as i thought the post office gave me the correct information before.

I do feel that if i have been notified about it before having to ask each time it would have prevented a lot of the wondering and stressing about it.