Sign in to follow this  
Zanie69

Invalid IMEI problem on dual sim tablets

Zanie69    10
Zanie69

I purchased two dual dims mediatek tablets , a white and a black. The white tablet works fine , however the sim cards cards don't work on the other and shows INVALID IMEI for the respective service provider, in this case it' sTelkom and cell-C. I have not tested MTN and Vodacom as yet . I did a search on the Internet and came across this link How to Fix Invalid IMEI Problem of a MediaTek Android Phone. Too technical and i don't have the time to download and install files to apparently fix this problem. Just wanted to find out if anyone else is experiencing similar issues with these mediatek android tablets. Thanks

Edited by Zanie69

mrmouse    12
mrmouse

before you throw them away and buy a branded tablet with local support , put the sim cards into a standard phone and make sure all passwords are removed from sim and can operate without doing anything except starting the phone , you may be lucky .The imei number is the tablets internal number that it uses to connect to the network , you may have to do a full resett to get it working although the imei is hard wired into the chip and cannot change with software , youre seller must be able to tell you how to do a full resett it usually involves holding in a specific key on startup , which will open the kernel .if its a generic chinese tablet the software is embedded so cannot be upgraded , and also you cannot alter it .unless you root it , so you cannot in theory damage the machine , if you root it you invalidate all warrantys , but i think a hard resett should work , make sure its plugged in .and dont believe anything you read on the internet hahaha .Resetting is done at youre own risk .

Edited by mrmouse