Sign in to follow this  
miraclebabycaw

Ratings should not be allowed to be changed - BOB please answer???

admin

Hi blitzit,

Welcome to the Forum.

You go to your selling profile, then find the item in the SALES tab and click on edit rating. ;)

voldermort
I would like to know how I can change a negative rating to a neutral or positive rating (buyer redeemed himself).

Type in buyers name, when it comes up you will see the miserable black negative, go to edit rating & there you go :)

kinleroux

Just to get back to allow or not allow ratings to be changed.

I think the rating system is good as is. It is difficult to judge transactions ( buying and selling ) correct the first time, all the time. Buyers make mistakes so does sellers. Once this happen a neutral or negative rating is in order, if the buyer or seller then fixes his or her mistake it is important that the rating can be changed.

Not to long ago I received a negative rating for a missing item. I communicated with the buyer, send him his missing item and he changed his rating. I made a mistake and if the rating system did not allow for changes, it would have left me with a negative rating even after I fixed my mistake.

This brings up the question then of how many sellers will then not fix their mistakes because they are now negatively rated and it will not change no matter what they do to fix mistakes? I believe the ability to change ratings make sellers go that extra mile to fix mistakes so the rating can be changed to a positive one.

Changing ratings gives buyers and sellers a way out. It gives motivation to fix things. If the system is abused we can ask BOB for help.

Yes, you always will get idiots that will try to take revenge with the system but there are many more members that will gladly re-rate a buyer or seller that fixed up mistakes and so forth.

I for one rated a buyer positive, only to get a neutral rating from her because I did not reply to her e-mail in 6 hours. The transaction went like this: she buy a product Friday evening, did not give all the info needed and I e-mailed on Monday asking for it. Got reply Monday evening from her husband, posted the stuff on Wednesday. Left office Wednesday morning to do some business and post orders (including hers). In that time she send a mail wanting her tracking number. Did not reply to her within 6 hours and by the time I was in front of the PC again she rated me neutral. I replied to her rating with her tracking number. She must think that products just magically arrive at my doorstep and that the products post them self to clients. She added to the rating that she will change the rating if she gets a tracking number. Is this justified from her, is it fair? Is she a good buyer that should get a good rating? Is she using the rating system now as a way to victimize? If I change her rating to neutral am I taking revenge or did I only now realize that she is not a good buyer? I posted her product in 2 days from I received all required information. Should I not be able to change the rating I gave her and if she then see the light and understand sellers can not be in front of there computers 24/7 change it back to positive again? Should she not be able to change her rating to me once she understand that she was a bit over eager?

If the system can not be changes she will look like this wonderful buyer and me the seller from hell. Even if we then resolve the matter we now have to stick with our original ratings given because it can not be changed.

Best Regards.

Kin

Vinyl Lady Decals

I think this is exactly why BoB has not responded to this thread.

There are some very good points here.

Just to get back to allow or not allow ratings to be changed.

I think the rating system is good as is. It is difficult to judge transactions ( buying and selling ) correct the first time, all the time. Buyers make mistakes so does sellers. Once this happen a neutral or negative rating is in order, if the buyer or seller then fixes his or her mistake it is important that the rating can be changed.

Not to long ago I received a negative rating for a missing item. I communicated with the buyer, send him his missing item and he changed his rating. I made a mistake and if the rating system did not allow for changes, it would have left me with a negative rating even after I fixed my mistake.

This brings up the question then of how many sellers will then not fix their mistakes because they are now negatively rated and it will not change no matter what they do to fix mistakes? I believe the ability to change ratings make sellers go that extra mile to fix mistakes so the rating can be changed to a positive one.

Changing ratings gives buyers and sellers a way out. It gives motivation to fix things. If the system is abused we can ask BOB for help.

Yes, you always will get idiots that will try to take revenge with the system but there are many more members that will gladly re-rate a buyer or seller that fixed up mistakes and so forth.

I for one rated a buyer positive, only to get a neutral rating from her because I did not reply to her e-mail in 6 hours. The transaction went like this: she buy a product Friday evening, did not give all the info needed and I e-mailed on Monday asking for it. Got reply Monday evening from her husband, posted the stuff on Wednesday. Left office Wednesday morning to do some business and post orders (including hers). In that time she send a mail wanting her tracking number. Did not reply to her within 6 hours and by the time I was in front of the PC again she rated me neutral. I replied to her rating with her tracking number. She must think that products just magically arrive at my doorstep and that the products post them self to clients. She added to the rating that she will change the rating if she gets a tracking number. Is this justified from her, is it fair? Is she a good buyer that should get a good rating? Is she using the rating system now as a way to victimize? If I change her rating to neutral am I taking revenge or did I only now realize that she is not a good buyer? I posted her product in 2 days from I received all required information. Should I not be able to change the rating I gave her and if she then see the light and understand sellers can not be in front of there computers 24/7 change it back to positive again? Should she not be able to change her rating to me once she understand that she was a bit over eager?

If the system can not be changes she will look like this wonderful buyer and me the seller from hell. Even if we then resolve the matter we now have to stick with our original ratings given because it can not be changed.

Best Regards.

Kin