Sign in to follow this  
miraclebabycaw

Ratings should not be allowed to be changed - BOB please answer???

banner32

Hi Tananka

Thank you for your advice i will certainly do so.

Regards

EWAAN Galleries

Hi

We totally agree that ratings should not be able to be edited at all. Once the buyer or seller gives a rating, they should stick to it, this is the cause of revenge ratings, etc.

Admin - This is very important. Why the option to edit ratings?

Regards,

Bullion Vault Sales Team

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi

I feel that ratings should be allowed to be edited once, but not more than that. The reason I say this is I have had an experience which was incredibly upsetting to me with a buyer.

The payment went smoothly, the buyer paid me on Friday, I posted on the same day. On the following Monday, he started querying his parcel after one working day - the post office does not consider the day of postage as part of the 3 - 5 days they say the parcel should be delivered in.

I tracked his parcel and it wasn't in the track and trace yet as it hadn't been updated yet, but I said I would check the next day. He then started harassing me with emails and sms's literally shouting at me and calling me pathetic for not sending his parcel which I had done on the day of payment. Even sending him proof of postage was not good enough for him. He also threatened me with a negative rating.

His parcel appeared on the track and trace the following day. He got his parcel within a week which is basically standard for ordinary parcel with tracking. He then decided to rate me negatively as a result and called me a liar amongst other things. I appealed to BoB and they removed the rating after reading the emails he sent me.

I usually rate buyers immediately when they pay me, but for some reason I hadn't done so yet. If I had, I would have rated him positively for payment. But the treatment I received from him afterwards was totally uncalled for as he was incredibly aggressive and confrontational. Obviously a generally very unhappy individual.

I rated him negatively as a result of his treatment of me and looking at the ratings he has received from other sellers, he seems to make this sort of thing a habit.

If, as you suggest, we were not able to edit ratings, I would have rated him positively and not been able to change that, even after his bad behaviour.

I feel we should be allowed to change ratings once only for the cases like this when things don't turn out well even though they appeared to do so in the beginning. I also have found some buyers rate immediately after placing the order instead of waiting until they receive their order. If they were unable to edit their rating and were unhappy with their item, this would also not be a good thing.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

mellowred

Hi Tananka

That is a good point. Paying is part of the deal, but attitude certainly plays a big part in the whole transaction. But allowing one change will defeat the purpose for not allowing changes.

Rating should be allowed to be updated (like the Q&A on items). This would provide a full account of the transaction history.

I can never understand buyers rating before they receive the item :confused:. Perhaps just to get it over with.

Little Miss Muffet

Okay so I give a person a positive rating for paying on time. I send the parcel with a tracking number and he does not take note of it then gives me a neutral rating which

he refuses to change. His parcel lay at the post office for 4 weeks because he did not take note of his tracking number.He ignored all ph. calls and emails--the most difficult buyer I have dealt with so far--I should be able to change his rating to neutral and express my overall experiance.

I will never deal with him again --any bids will be deleted unless he changes that rating because the chances of him ignoring emails and ph calls is too high

EWAAN Galleries

Hi

Sellers should rate as soon as they get paid and buyers must rate only after they have received items and are happy.

If there is a problem with the item, the buyer and seller should sort out between themselves before just giving negative ratings. It's quite simple.

We had to give a few coins away as gifts just to keep buyers happy...

Come on - lets try and be 100% positive...

Regards,

Bullion Vault

Vinyl Lady Decals

That is the perfect scenario, but sometimes it doesn't matter what a seller does, the buyer cannot be pleased. In a perfect world, it would work this way, but people aren't perfect unfortunately.

Little Miss Muffet
Hi

Sellers should rate as soon as they get paid and buyers must rate only after they have received items and are happy.

I rate as soon as I get paid--that is how I go about posting items--I have rated -they have paid -I post but when a buyer takes 6 days to pay and lives near me and I try and phone so he can save the postage and he does not answer his phone so I post it 2 days after he has paid(remember he took 6 days) then I send his tracking number and 3 weeks later he neutral rates me for not receiving his parcel.

Well I have not changed his rating --I left it positive but all emails and ph. calls get ignored and he wont change the rating.

It is just the principal of the thing then Morne tells me to sort it out with the buyer. How can I if he refuses to communicate.Unfair. I use more energy getting angry with buyers like this than I do loading stock that is piling up because it just dampens my spirit.

I simply hate this kind of attitude buyers have. Gross I think I will go back to marketing

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi geewhizz

Some buyers just don't care. At least you were lucky in just getting a neutral rating which won't affect your ratings percentage. I do the same as you do, I rate as soon as I have posted, in that way I can make double-sure who I have posted and who not. The buyer I dealt with was determined to give me a negative rating from the start and made that very clear in his emails to me.

You have my sympathy, I understand your frustration. You want to pull your hair out.

Kind Regards

Little Miss Muffet
Hi geewhizz

Some buyers just don't care. At least you were lucky in just getting a neutral rating which won't affect your ratings percentage. I do the same as you do, I rate as soon as I have posted, in that way I can make double-sure who I have posted and who not. The buyer I dealt with was determined to give me a negative rating from the start and made that very clear in his emails to me.

You have my sympathy, I understand your frustration. You want to pull your hair out.

Kind Regards

The buyer does not care nor does Morne

Little Miss Muffet
Hi

If there is a problem with the item, the buyer and seller should sort out between themselves before just giving negative ratings. It's quite simple.

We had to give a few coins away as gifts just to keep buyers happy...

Come on - lets try and be 100% positive...

Regards,

Bullion Vault

How about this . I sent a parcel to Polokwane instead of Robertson in the Cape.

The lady I sent it to lives on a farm and only goes to the post office on week-ends and only some week-ends.

She only collected this parcel a month after I posted it. The actual buyer got a bit uptight with the mail that is automatically sent when one has not rated a buyer so she rated me negative.

I could understand her frustration because she took this mail personally. Anyway so I sent her another perfume bottle free of charge worth probably more than the one she bought

SPEED POST R58 Bottle value probably R90 to R120 --So now it has cost me at least R148

and her other bottles which were posted to the incorrect address another R50 for other lady to send them to her.

So I am down R198 because I care. Ofcourse she changed the rating to positive but it is not so much the rating that spurs me on it is the fact that I must fulful my obligation to her

Why do I care?? I dont know. That is why buyers who rate me unfairly because they did not read their mail irritate me so much.

Morne b

Hi geewhizz

Please be advised that I have assist numerous sellers and buyers with regards to ratings. However unfortunately it is not a case of a user mailing bidorbuy and requesting a rating to be removed there are two sides to an issue and we will then investigate.If we then find that there was rating abuse will we take the necessary action against that party.

Also you state the user took 6 days to pay for the item, I have just had a look at the item in question and there is no payment period specified in your listing. Remember bidorbuy allows 7 days for a transaction to be concluded unless stated otherwise by the seller.

Thank you

Little Miss Muffet

The fact that the user took 6 days does not bother me.

Before he paid and after he paid I tried to contact him to deliver the item as he lives near me.

When I could not get hold of him I posted the item and sent him the tracking number.

Who read his mail? He rated me neutral 3 weeks later without inquiring whether I had sent the item--The item was lying at his post office all that time.

I must then wade through 3 weeks of mail to find the mail I sent him to prove I sent it.

I dont deserve that rating.

Note: He has not

been contactable by phone--even though it rings and ignores all correspondence.

I can see by the ratings he has handed out that he has done this to other users too.

Sorry Morne I get irritated with this kind of attitude --mostly 1 percent on Bob

To me it is a risk having any futher dealings with him.

Morne b

Hi geewhizz

It is unfortunately your decision as to who you wish to trade with on the site and we cannot force you to trade with the user.

However as I have stated the matter is under investigation and we will advise.

cheetah11

I also have a seller give me 2 negative ratings:mad:. It was a revenge rating. I email BOB and still no reply after a few weeks from them. I don't deserve it at all and it made me mad cause i am not guilty. I also paid a seller on the 11/12 EFT and still have not receive my items, i rapport it to BOB and i get response from them, but still the case is unsolved. What to do now?:confused:

Little Miss Muffet
Hi geewhizz

It is unfortunately your decision as to who you wish to trade with on the site and we cannot force you to trade with the user.

However as I have stated the matter is under investigation and we will advise.

Thanks Morne. I sent you a copy of the mail with tracking numberr I had sent him. May be you do not understand where I am coming from.

Little Miss Muffet
I also have a seller give me 2 negative ratings:mad:. It was a revenge rating. I email BOB and still no reply after a few weeks from them. I don't deserve it at all and it made me mad cause i am not guilty. I also paid a seller on the 11/12 EFT and still have not receive my items, i rapport it to BOB and i get response from them, but still the case is unsolved. What to do now?:confused:

Poor Bidorbuy so many irritable people they have to deal with.

Need more staff

cheetah11

Hehehehe i am not irritated at all........

mellowred

That is why geewhizz if you could update the rating others would see he is a good payer BUT also a nuisance.

Some people are big buyers and quick payers but all the demands that come with them are not worth it. (And I'm referring to business in general here).

lilythepink

I absolutely agree with mellowred's comments. However, I have been indeed fortunate only to have met two or three of them in the past year! :)

mellowred
Poor Bidorbuy so many irritable people they have to deal with.

Need more staff

I agree with that geewhizz. We can't see the registered users or number of people on line anymore, but there are certainly 1,000s of sales per day so perhaps they are short-staffed.

The more users and sales the more disputes. Also, Morne cannot be on duty 24 hrs per day to push the blacklist button.

Morne b

Hi cheetah11

Yours on the other hand is a clear case of revenge rating from the seller and I will take the necessary action against them.

Comment:

Very quick payer, thank you - you received all items yes? Will change rating when you change mine

by simpleseller (0)

cheetah11

Ohhh wow thank you so much Morne:D:D

I really appreciate it.

She send me a email 2 days ago with "i am sorry... you are right and i will change your rating shortly"

but still was not doing it.

Your guys is tops:)

Little Miss Muffet
The buyer does not care nor does Morne

This is frustration speaking. Earlier in the year I had an urgent matter that needed to be resolved and I sent a note through to community watch at 4pm on a Friday and Morne resolved it within 10 minutes.

blitzit

I want to remove negative Rating

I would like to know how I can change a negative rating to a neutral or positive rating (buyer redeemed himself).