moodTime

Postal Rates 2015 / 2016

ATA STAMP CENTRE
http://www.postoffice.co.za/questions/Postalrates.pdf

Ordinary parcel (counter to counter)

R40,90 for the first kg

R 5,50 for each additional kg or part of a kg

Yes,just been charged that for a small econoparcel

AND the SAA has suspended the international postal services due to non payment of accounts-So the international post was slow and always behind and now not even going anywhere at the moment!!!

This causes huge problems for us international sellers cause disputes are declared around 3 weeks and orders are taking longer.

what a total f....up

neil

Allstar
Yes,just been charged that for a small econoparcel

AND the SAA has suspended the international postal services due to non payment of accounts-So the international post was slow and always behind and now not even going anywhere at the moment!!!

This causes huge problems for us international sellers cause disputes are declared around 3 weeks and orders are taking longer.

what a total f....up

neil

Is that for EMS as well or only intl airmail?

Looks like econoparcel is now no more, even less reason to use the Post Office, really is terrible though that R23 econoparcel made buying/selling smaller items feasible now not so much.

A 5kg parcel sent with Postnet to Postnet is R99 and delivered in 3days, very safe.

Same parcel sent as an ordinary mail item is now R63, good chance it will go missing/never arrive or otherwise it'll take a week or 2 to get there. Speed services counter-to-counter is also more expensive, R94 for the first kg, 5kg's now R239!!!

For these smaller items, Fastway here I come!!

Edited by Allstar

voldermort

Just changed my postage prices this morning & even to me, as a seller, it all looks horribly expensive :-(

Just Beachin

The saddest thing is, confidence in overseas sellers will wane, and we will have to pay DHL prices to get our stock, and the only way to make that work (for the small time seller's) is to buy huge amounts....which I can neither afford or store

queen of hearts

According to News 24 which I don't quite think was an April Fools joke - SAA will no longer transport Global Mail for SAPO until they settle their outstanding bills. Basically means we will eiither send cash or buy on Ebay or Ali Express and send direct to the countries our familes are living in for Christmas and Birthday gifts many of which I purchased on Bid or Buy. To be quite honest I am not even looking at anything where the seller is in Gauteng or spending much in case I never see the parcel.

Just Beachin

It's absolutely heart breaking, I so love buying and selling on this platform, but the South African government's Post office keeps pulling the carpet out from beneath me:sad: Surely it's the government's mandate to support small business so we can grow the economy and pay more taxes?

Cali Craft and Gems

Okay - went through the booklet carefully and worked out the following:

If your parcel is going to be larger than 353mm x 250mm x 30mm, then you'd have to follow the Ordinary Parcel route (R40.90 for first kg, and R5.50 per kg or part there of). Volumetric rules apply (L x W x H in cm / 5000).

Alternatively, you can use the registered mail option (which has insurance up to R100 - similar to Econoparcel):

Medium (B5) is up to: 250mm x 176mm x (30mm or less) under 1kg at R26.15

Large (B6) is up to 353mm x 250mm x (30mm or less) under 1kg at R27.60

Registered can also be insured as per below - added to the basic fee above:

Up to R100 (free / included)

R101 to R250 at R16.05

R251 to R500 at R32.80

R501 to R1000 at R65.90

Speed services non-documents (ie. bag / flyer) R94.

I've adjusted my prices to incorporate the Ordinary Parcel rates, but will make an assessment as to how many parcels could fall into the Registered Mail group and reimburse my buyers accordingly.

Just Beachin

Cali Thank you so much for the info!!! I have now fallen in love with you all over again!

sunbirdafrica
Is that for EMS as well or only intl airmail?

Looks like econoparcel is now no more, even less reason to use the Post Office, really is terrible though that R23 econoparcel made buying/selling smaller items feasible now not so much.

A 5kg parcel sent with Postnet to Postnet is R99 and delivered in 3days, very safe.

Same parcel sent as an ordinary mail item is now R63, good chance it will go missing/never arrive or otherwise it'll take a week or 2 to get there. Speed services counter-to-counter is also more expensive, R94 for the first kg, 5kg's now R239!!!

For these smaller items, Fastway here I come!!

Has anybody found a cheap courier for overseas deliveries? For inland I am also waiting for a quote from Fastway. My business is virtually bankrupt with the shipping and post office questions.

Barbara

Bloemgroup

I am also looking for cheap couriers...