Sign in to follow this  
Whitewolf

Bulk pick ups

Whitewolf

I am sure most sellers have met buyers who want pick up and had from time to time allowed this. Can sellers advise on this please and how to handle such a situation, since i have allowed pick ups on rare occations and what i have seen and experience, i rather let it be VERY rare occations. Buyers dont turn up for the appointment, they demand more when they see your stock, and are right out rude and demanding and that in your own home. And the worst of it all is that they bought the item/items for R 1 or way below cost and are upset if you dont want to give them more. This is/was very scary and i rather stay with post, and NEVER allow pick ups ever again.:(

Bead Mania Crafts

Hi Jo

We never allow pick ups due to SECURITY REASONS FIRSTLY and then due to the buyer asking to show them more items which takes up hours and in the end they would probably buy something for under R50 or less - in the past if a buyer ordered 1 product that cost R10 they would insist on picking up the item - hence our first negative rating as I refused to allow a pick up.

We also had theft situations as well - which was quite frightening

I also noticed that when we did allow pick ups on rare occasions- on the weekend the buyer would show up at my home - needless to say I think you know my thoughts on that one:rolleyes:

This is what I suggest if you are willing to not use the postal service - meet the buyer in a public place i.e a mall ... thus you can eliminate my reasons above only problem is it would cost you petrol, time etc

Yeah thats all I have for now - need coffffffeeeeeeeeee... lol:p

lilythepink

I agree with Bead Mania

Never, not ever, allow a stranger into your home! Rather meet the person in a coffee shop or anywhere else so long as it is a public area. We, South Africans, are far too trusting and we definitely need to be more aware of undesirables - not only on BoB but in ALL spheres of life.

Nubbi

And remember - never meet anyone on your own!! always take someone with, preferably someone large ugly and intimidating!! like me!! LoL! but seriously never meet with anyone you dont know on your own!!

Whitewolf

Ow and dont allow a pick up at your office either.............. geesh standing infront of your co-workers while being in a situation with a seller is not something you want. And believe me.... the boss dont take kindly to it. Nearly got the boot

EWAAN Galleries

Hi

We had some past experiences where clients tried stealing items from our offices. We did catch them and from then we do not allow collections at all.

All items shipped.

Regards,

Bullion Vault

SProducts

Well I used to and had to stop due to mant reasons. I always insisted on meeting buyers in a public area, I never allowed anyone into my house. I agree its very dangerous.

The worst I have ever had was when I made an arrangement, but wasnt confirmed and the buyer gave me negative rating, even though I posted it free of charge.

I still have an outstanding product which is now more than9 months, buyer won bid, paid only for teh item and asked to collect. I agreed and since then we have never finalised. He will make an appointment and not keep it. He will send an email after about 2 months to check and promise to arrange collection and at one time I was out of stock and he couldnt collect.

I think this situation is not fair to me.

I dont allow collections at all now, I have even lost a few clients but its better than the trouble.

Sipho

RAG Auctioneers

The only major problems we have is that people never collect!!

We now only allow 7 days to collect. It is resold after the seventh day.

Little Miss Muffet

Now this is one of the reasons I dont allow pickup's.

What are people going to think. I mean you haven;t seen the rest of the house

This damm bidorbuy

IMG_7098.jpg.53ffbbb1f2c13aba902ab184e4ea0dc4.jpg

retailrush

This damm bidorbuy

Oh my word !!! :eek: You poor thing!!!! I wouldn't be able to sleep at night....

Having said that - come to think of it, my office is starting to look a bit like this... Once I start spreading to the rest of the house - that's when I'll start loosing sleep I think.

I agree "this damn bidorbuy" - but we love it really :D

RAG Auctioneers

Dont I dare post what ours looks like!!

Vinyl Lady Decals

My desk almost looks as bad, I try to tidy it once a week otherwise I can't think with the clutter.

lilythepink

It's not only my desk that resembles that of geewhizz - my whole study is involved! lol

tramps

i have had quite a few experiences with pickups. usually we do not alow them but on a few occassions we do. people dont arrive for the appointments, don't bother to phone and let you know they are late and also that they need to cancel or reschedule but just waste your time. we are situated in pretoria which some people believe is only a few small blocks. to save on postage money they are prepared to spend more money on petol and get stuck in traffic forever as pretoria is quite big and people don't relise really how long it takes to get to us. i wish buyers could learn to read all the instructions sellers put there for them to make the sale so much easier. sometimes the question is asked "do you allow pickups?". if the answer is no there is no sale. much better

Mustlovebooks

I just have to quickly tell this story. This one lady came to collect 2 or 3 books from me and while I was getting her change, she was supposed to wait in the dining room. She was actually GOING THROUGH my stuff in my study. Admittedly, I only have shelves and shelves of books, but she was browsing like she was in an actual store. Came out with one of the books I still don't know what to do with (a copy of a James Bond book, signed by Ian Fleming) and asked me if I wanted to sell it.

I just said I'm still not sure about the signature and haven't decided what to do with it, but I was gob-smacked!

After that...no collections.

dstorm

Hello Mustlovebooks

Thanks for the story. The buyer surely would not have understood if you corrected her.

I drive an 18 year old VW golf. A stamp buyer once asked me to sell my car!

The Ian Fleming signed book is surely a 1st edition?

Keep well and regards

Jacques

mellowred

Now be honest Jacques. The stamp dealer was only interested in the VW because it was packed full with the stamps you couldn't fit in the house. :cool:

MiemsJewels

This damm bidorbuy

LOL Geewizz!! Looks real familliar!! I've got 3 rooms that look like this!! Sometimes even worse!!:nuts:

Edited by MiemsJewels

mellowred

Geewhizz, I realise this photo is about a year old. Does the place still look the same? LOL I'm in the process of having a nervous breakdown because of all the "stuff" in our house. Knowing there are others in the same situation makes me feel a lot better. :bigsmile:

Mustlovebooks

The Ian Fleming signed book is surely a 1st edition?

Hi Jacques,

It is a 1st Edition, dated 1963, but the signature doesn't look like these samples provided on the internet Authenticate Signed Ian Fleming Books » Rod Collins, so I don't know if it's authentic. I received the book in an old truck load of books collected by a late librarian. But I also wonder why someone would fake an autograph in 1963?

Kind regards,

Eldorette