Sign in to follow this  
Fashion Police

Economail no more?

Fashion Police

We were told today that (apparently) from 01 April 2015 SAPO economail will fall away; small parcels below 1kg will be charged standard rates @ R40...

Has anyone else heard of this?

voldermort
We were told today that (apparently) from 01 April 2015 SAPO economail will fall away; small parcels below 1kg will be charged standard rates @ R40...

Has anyone else heard of this?

Just come back from my PO - they said that as of 1 April the R22.50 rate will no longer apply, thus even if you send an insured parcel under 1kg, the price right now which starts at R22.50 + insurance = whatever.........will no longer apply - all parcels under 1kg will start at R37.50 + insurance. This means that even items weighing nothing really, if sent insured will be R40.00+

Can see a lot of complaints coming in from buyers who will think that the rip off season on postage has begun.

Fashion Police

Not good at all, and that's excluding packaging materials as well. I suspect SAPO is going to lose a lot of business... Buyers might as well opt for courier door-to-door delivery, faster and more convenient.

Fashion Police

And give a few months, chances are there will be another strike - it's become a trend!

Vinyl Lady Decals

Its definitely going to make more sense for buyers to use the courier service, I can see that becoming a trend. SAPO is pricing themselves out of the market and they're going to lose business as a result.

Just Beachin

Rumor here are that Courier Guys do major city to major city for R50, I have confirmed this with an employee over the weekend, but Damn if I can get one of the sales team to answer the phone or call me back:mad:

Fashion Police
Rumor here are that Courier Guys do major city to major city for R50, I have confirmed this with an employee over the weekend, but Damn if I can get one of the sales team to answer the phone or call me back:mad:

I use The Courier Guy and Fastway Couriers.

The Courier Guy charges me from R80 to main areas, and local parcels R57

Fastway Satchels vary between R45 and R75 (A5 to A2 sizes) - it can work out a bit pricy if you have large or many items to ship and/or need to use more than one satchel.

The above prices include Vat.

I'm busy dealing with Dawn Wing Couriers at the moment, they're offering Ecommerce accounts with slightly better rates, depending on how many parcels you send per month. The bigger the account, the bigger the discount. (Terms and conditions apply as well.)

The very large Ecommerce sites can afford to offer free shipping as they have major contracts with the Courier companies. At a stage I was wondering if BidorBuy can't enter an agreement with one of these shipping companies for their sellers to use. It can be very complicated though...

bitesize

Latest postal rates can be found here http://www.postoffice.co.za/questions/Postalrates.pdf. There was an article on My Broadband SA Post Office’s new rates. Removing the Econoparcel is pretty crap as some parcels are small. I don't sell enough to get a decent discount on the Courier side but have about 4 options available when needed. Bob does have a special rate for sellers via a courier company but again, it depends on how much you send per week.