Sign in to follow this  
pozmans

Jatrading disappeared after payment - scammer?

pozmans

Hi guys,

Just some advice please? I purchased an iPhone 6 for R8k from Jatrading - run by a lady by the name of Ada Augostine in Thabazimbi. Normally I don't buy high ticket items from non-verified sellers but judging by her ratings and past transactions, I thought I could trust her.

The auction finished on Sunday at 23:45 and I contacted her first thing Monday morning to confirm courier costs. I then did the eft (Monday) but there were some slight issues and it only cleared on Tuesday morning (yesterday).

Ever since the funds cleared into BoB's account, Jatrading/Ada has gone dark. I have sms'd and emailed her numerous times to no avail, and after around 6 phone calls (no answer), I'm starting to get worried. A BoB customer service consultant (Njabulo Zwane) tried calling her around 9pm last night but still no answer, to which he then emailed her and CC'd me in (still no response).

I'm going to carry on calling today but if there's no contact then what's my next step?

mrmouse

If on a farm she may have connectivity issues.

pozmans
If on a farm she may have connectivity issues.

I contacted her on Monday before payment was done and she replied almost instantly.

Now after 2 days of sms's, emails and calls, she doesn't respond. Additionally, her phone seems to be fine as all my calls go through but just ring until voice mail.

UPDATE: She's definitely online as she's replying to questions on her products at this very moment!

MiemsJewels
I

UPDATE: She's definitely online as she's replying to questions on her products at this very moment!

Very strange indeed. Did you try to ask her a question yourself?

Just Beachin

Bummer! I am sure bidorbuy can still help you with her personal information, as they get all the good stuff when you sign up, and if you need to file fraud charges that info will become important

pozmans

So after I saw her replying to other people's questions I decided to do a copy and paste message in about 10 of her listings (asking why she accepted my money but hasn't made contact, and threatened to go to the police to file charges) - I received a courier notice within 45min stating a parcel was going to be collected from her premises at the end of the day.

Later in the evening I was then given a positive rating with a message saying something along the lines of "awesome seller, fast payment, thanks for your support" - no explanation of why I was ignored for a day and a half, etc.

The courier is scheduled to deliver the package by 11am this morning, hopefully everything will be in order.

Based upon the events, would it be harsh to give the seller a negative rating? I've never had to contact BoB to ask them to call the seller and definitely haven't ever tried calling a seller close to 20 times with numerous sms's and emails.

Little Miss Muffet

I think you are being a bit rash. It is not weeks or months but a few days delay.

Why spoil her 100% ratings.It will only complicate things.

If you received what you ordered then all is well and a negative rating is not deserved.

Just Beachin

I agree, don't rate negative

pozmans

I received the item yesterday but there a few issues with it. The main one is that the description said the iPhone was "like new" and in "mint" condition. Apple iPhone - APPLE IPHONE 6 64GB LIKE NEW was sold for R8,051.00 on 8 Mar at 23:55 by jatrading in Chromite (ID:178304028)

I beg to differ as the screen has issues in that it looks like someone pressed the screen really hard so its permanently imprinted (LCD damaged).

Additionally, one expects the original charger and cable to come with it and the ad didn't mention anything about generic cables or wall adapters - this isn't a deal breaker but if you paying R8k for a phone, you'd like the original stuff to be able charge it properly.

So now I've just dropped off the iPhone at the iStore for repairs/a replacement. Luckily it was covered under the warranty, but it's created more admin for me. But overall, I agree with the fact that i didn't get it weeks/months later. Her terrible service and me having to threaten to involve the police for her to actually send the goods were her downfall though, so I gave the seller a neutral rating instead of negative.

Free Soul Styles

This is my entire issue with most Bob sellers who deal with tech. What is said, and what you get are not always the same thing.

Shipping is ridiculous, i use the same and charge less, including the weight it still does not cost R200.00.

Her image is not of the phone, this seems to be the norm with most secondhand phone dealers on BoB. Which, as far as i know, is not allowed, images must be of the actual item because it's secondhand.

She wrote "The phone is in 100% working condition and in mint overall condition" - if it was "MINT" there would be no need to send it in at all. Just for these reasons i would (this being me), return it and ask for a refund.