Sign in to follow this  
Just Beachin

Charged for returned econopost?

Just Beachin

One of my packages was returned today as uncollected. The post office wants me to pay full postage in order to return to me. This is a first for me. Has anybody else had this similar experience?

admin

Hi Just Beachin,

As far as I know it has always been on the books, they just never enforced it. I guess with all the strikes they need every penny now....

moodTime

Yes they are enforcing it now, basically they charge you the cost you paid to send it. I had 3 returned parcels this week, one cost me R38, other 2 were R22.80 econo price!

Just Beachin

Funny how nobody at the post office was able to confirm that they were on strike (last year) but they all got the memo about enforcing return cost! urrggg :sad:

Free Soul Styles

My post office does not charge me. When one guy tried to, i told him to keep it because if they cannot offer proper service then i can't afford to pay. But yes, it's always been that way. I think because of the strike they need money.... Shame

admin

I think she sums it up in the first

mrmouse

Just dont collect them its cheaper , tell the customer to phone the branch to have it forwarded to them if they enquire , then they must go into branch ,pay for the item ,fax it to the relevant post off , and they will reforward it , they wont forget again.

Just Beachin

Thanks! will do!:smile:

mrmouse
Thanks! will do!:smile:

And yes they also get charged for the fax , the PO states once a notification has been issued it is deemed delivered from their side , the onus is on the customer to follow it through .No longer youre problem .Also no longer insured unless paid for .

Edited by mrmouse

Just Beachin

Dare I say, they will soon be charging us for sending and receiving!

Just Beachin
Just dont collect them its cheaper , tell the customer to phone the branch to have it forwarded to them if they enquire , then they must go into branch ,pay for the item ,fax it to the relevant post off , and they will reforward it , they wont forget again.

Oh Noooo Mr Mouse, the folks at the Umhlanga post office said no, no , no! I had to take it home or abandon the package. The sad part was my buyer was oversea and thought her daughter had picked it up:sad:

mrmouse
Oh Noooo Mr Mouse, the folks at the Umhlanga post office said no, no , no! I had to take it home or abandon the package. The sad part was my buyer was oversea and thought her daughter had picked it up:sad:

It seems different PO different rules , the last time it happened to me was July last year , buyer had to reroute it or leave it , he rerouted it .

Just Beachin

It's a crazy bunch, One fella will say, "we don't do that anymore" then another will pipe in saying " we never do that" I would love to see this book they work from. I asked them today, why they were now charging return postage, as they hadn't in the past, I even asked if there was a memo that went around and my direct question was brushed off and ignored. I don't want to cause a confrontation because I know them and they know me, and I want to keep a friendly relationship happening........but where is this book?

Edited by Just Beachin

mrmouse

I presume each postmaster/mistress is given leeway to make their own decisions , within a certain framework , ive never had an issue with our postmistress shes excellent , maybe it is her decision to reroute at customers expense and others wont even attemp to help a customer .whichever way the PO still gets paid ,