Sign in to follow this  
Steve375

Buyers unable to bid on auctions

Steve375

Good afternoon to all.

I received a few irate telephone calls from buyers- All tried to but were unable to bid during the last few minutes on yesterday's snap Friday auction. Some had higher automatic bid limits than the amount the auction closed at. Were Bob down for a while yesterday?

Miss Jewels

I had the same problem. I called in to BoB but was told that there is nothing wrong on their side. They blamed it on my pc. Told me to clear my cookies and use another browser. Both Chrome and Firefox was not working on my side. So it could not be my pc. Unfortunately the support from yesterday was not at all helpful from BoB as obviously the new staff are not yet clued up and don't refer calls to someone with more experience. Not once did the operator say she would find out - just informed me that there is nothing wrong. Eish....

So yes, some lost sales once again....

ATA STAMP CENTRE
I had the same problem. I called in to BoB but was told that there is nothing wrong on their side. They blamed it on my pc. Told me to clear my cookies and use another browser. Both Chrome and Firefox was not working on my side. So it could not be my pc. Unfortunately the support from yesterday was not at all helpful from BoB as obviously the new staff are not yet clued up and don't refer calls to someone with more experience. Not once did the operator say she would find out - just informed me that there is nothing wrong. Eish....

So yes, some lost sales once again....

This was raised recently on another thread,since the migration the site does become unavailable every now and then,it happened again last crazy wed also for a few minutes and then when u refresh it is available again,

There is a problem and hope bob looks into it.

wekwa

i was mobile and failed to open my sales page from 13:50pm until around 14:05pm.

Steve375

Bob management contacted me, they did have a problem- promised/apologized and issue is now sorted. I lost a few K though....this is the second time in less than a month........

ATA STAMP CENTRE
Bob management contacted me, they did have a problem- promised/apologized and issue is now sorted. I lost a few K though....this is the second time in less than a month........[/QUOT

Apologies dont pay the bills.

And coupled to this being a quiet and trying time for most sellers make this very important to be corrected.

I have started to spread out my closing times with promotional listings like crazy wed and weekend specials as the traffic is obviously heavier just before closing of promotional auctions,and if other sellers consider this it may help alleviate some of the problems as well.

neil

alloway65

With every migration, no matter what the species, there will always be losses.

With these BoB migrations (regular/annual) there are always problems……are these regular migrations to improve the service or to reduce the running costs…or both…I wonder.

I am just glad I am a BoB buyer/seller for a bit of fun and don’t do it for a living.

johan

Hi All,

We are trying to resolve the issue.

What we are seeing is that during busy times the site does slow down for short spurts and then it recovers. It seems to affect a small number of users in these times who struggle to navigate the site.

We do however want zero users to be affected and we want all to have a pleasurable experience on bidorbuy.

At the moment we are running diagnostics on our servers to see if we can pin point the issue and we have also engaged our hosting providers to see if the fault is somewhere on their side.

I will keep you up to date if we get more information.

Regards.

Johan

Steve375

Happened again this past Crazy Wednesday. Bidders unable to bid during last few minutes of my auctions. This period is crucial in any auction. I have never complained about anything while trading for more than 4 years on BOB. This is now becoming UNACCEPTABLE!

I would prefer dealing on BOB in future and trust the situation would be resolved/fixed asap. There are other websites/selling platforms though.....