Cape Town 42 degrees

Little Miss Muffet

Apparently the hottest day in Cape Town in 100 years

42 Degrees today. Hurry up Winter.:colbert:

Not1CentMore
Hurry up Winter.:colbert:

More than willing to send your way.

Untitled.jpg.a65e0cdab0b1e725e5a1e01e886338a6.jpg

I am sooooo ready for wife beaters and boxer shorts weather!

Ruthie

Just Beachin

Good catch Ruthie, won't be long now according to the Groundhog!

Cali Craft and Gems

Oudtshoorn hit 45 deg C on 3 March, and was already 37 deg C by 11h30 this morning! Thunderstorms are brewing so the temp should start dropping later. Can't wait for winter!

Not1CentMore

Another round of winter weather.

(Local Report) Wednesday’s rain turned to sleet and then will turn to snow throughout the night.

Heavy rain began to transition to freezing rain and sleet about 5 p.m. Wednesday and will continue until early morning when it transitions to snow. The National Weather Service predicts accumulation of about a tenth of an inch of ice, one to two inches of sleet and two to four inches of snow.

A winter storm warning is in effect through 9 a.m. Thursday. Gusty winds and bitter cold temperatures will accompany the precipitation.

Sidewalk looks like a slip-n-slide and the patio looks like an ice skating rink. The driveway is a ribbon of ice. And it's still early. Needless to say, I am not taking one step outside for the next couple of days.

Fingers crossed this is the last of it... until next winter.

Ruthie

Little Miss Muffet

My son and his wife landed in San Francisco today and he said it was 21 degrees.

I am not sure how the temperatures differ from State to State in the US but they are going to LA for a few days as well then New York and Vegas.

They have been living in the UK but are coming back to SA---They hate the weather in Britain. However, from UK weather to US weather for a month then back to South Africa when winter starts in April.

They will have quite a few months before they see another summer

Not1CentMore

Wish them a safe journey. Have them keep abreast of flight delays and cancellations. With this weather....

Temps can vary widely in the US from State to State. Wayne is probably wearing short pants, or long pants with maybe a short sleeve shirt and light jacket in Florida (of course, we know Wayne... could be 'streaking' through town :shock:) while we are 'toasting' in front of the fireplace.

Most business, schools and government (here) are at a 'dead stop'. My youngest is a manager at one of the grocery stores and when he got off work yesterday, the shelves were emptying fast (staples: bread, milk, etc.). He was 'suppose' to go in at 0600 today, but no one, with anything between their ears, is going very far, if anywhere, (especiallyfrom out here in the 'boonies) today.. and probably tomorrow. County roads are not maintained and the up/down hill to the Interstate will be a 'knuckle biter'. Shoot-a-bug, we can't even get out of the 150-foot driveway to a road that will take us to a County Road that goes to the Interstate.

Ruthie

Little Miss Muffet

Well mother will only worry for a month as they are hiring a car so doing quite a bit of driving.

C&J's Travels

wayjen

short pants a t-shirt is the order of the day. 26 degrees at the moment but aircon is on.