Sign in to follow this  
voldermort

BoB Credit Card Payments

voldermort

I have noticed yesterday & today that BoB credit card payments are now being accepted automatically. There is no longer any option to either accept or reject payment. Is this how it shall now be in future?

voldermort

Numerous times I have received cc payments from overseas buyers with the wrong postage added ie: SA postage instead of international postage - in which case I have always reversed the cc payment so they can submit correct amount...please tell me in instances like this, how shall this now work if the "reverse cc payment" option is no longer there?

reeceonlinetrading

credit card payments

Previously when a buyer paid by credit card we had to either accept or decline the payment, since last week the card payments did not give the option just received email from BOB stating they have received a credit card payment from buyer and it will be forwarded to my account - are the credit card payment option to accept or decline no more existent?

johan

Goodmorning,

We are in the process of implementing 3D secure on all credit card transactions in order to be PASA compliant.

This looks to be a side effect of the changes and I will have it looked at immediately this morning and update further once I have more information.

What is important to note that as per the regulations that are in place currently, all credit card payments that are made on e-commerce platforms will have to be passed through 3D Secure. This will force all Visa and Mastercard users to have their cards enrolled onto 3D Secure with their banks.

This is a good measure as it will cut down on Credit Card fraud attempts, but this will mean that some users will only be able to make payment once their cards are enrolled into 3D secure.

Regards

Johan

voldermort
Goodmorning,

We are in the process of implementing 3D secure on all credit card transactions in order to be PASA compliant.

This looks to be a side effect of the changes and I will have it looked at immediately this morning and update further once I have more information.

What is important to note that as per the regulations that are in place currently, all credit card payments that are made on e-commerce platforms will have to be passed through 3D Secure. This will force all Visa and Mastercard users to have their cards enrolled onto 3D Secure with their banks.

This is a good measure as it will cut down on Credit Card fraud attempts, but this will mean that some users will only be able to make payment once their cards are enrolled into 3D secure.

Regards

Johan

Thank you for reply however whilst this process takes place, what am I to do in the event of an overseas transaction being automatically accepted with the incorrect postage amount? If you have a look at my payments received over the past +- 3 monthes, you will see that this is a regular occurrence with overseas buyers....the reason this automatic cc acceptance has me worried.

johan
Thank you for reply however whilst this process takes place, what am I to do in the event of an overseas transaction being automatically accepted with the incorrect postage amount? If you have a look at my payments received over the past +- 3 monthes, you will see that this is a regular occurrence with overseas buyers....the reason this automatic cc acceptance has me worried.

Hi Voldermort,

In this event you can request that the buyer make a top up payment on the order which means that he can go through the payment process a second time and add in the difference.

We will notify you once the payment is received and you will see the additional payment on the order page.

If you have any transactions that needs to be cancelled due to wrong payment and the buyer not wanting to do a top up payment we can reverse the credit card payment.

For that to happen you will have to log a support ticket by mailing hello at bidorbuy with the order number and a brief explanation of what the issue is so that we can action on that.

Regards,

Johan

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Sorry to interrupt this thread,but has anyone else received incorrect statements being emailed to them?

I received january statement again today instead of february?

neil

voldermort
Sorry to interrupt this thread,but has anyone else received incorrect statements being emailed to them?

I received january statement again today instead of february?

neil

Bingo...

johan

Hi All,

The wrong statements went out, please ignore them.

I will make sure that the correct ones go out asap, We seem to be having a bit of a Blue Monday... or is it a white and gold Monday :worried:

Johan

ATA STAMP CENTRE
Hi All,

The wrong statements went out, please ignore them.

I will make sure that the correct ones go out asap, We seem to be having a bit of a Blue Monday... or is it a white and gold Monday :worried:

Johan

As long as its not a 50 shades of grey monday :)

neil

voldermort

black & blue, white & gold, numerous shades of grey.....

cat.jpg.247a87a9cbfbfcaeddefca480819336e.jpg