Sign in to follow this  
Just Beachin

End of Econopost

Just Beachin

I was informed today by my local post office that as of April the 1st the econopost will drop away and we will be charged for track and trace ordinary post double what we are paying now. Somebody please tell me I misunderstood! :push:

TribalTrade

Our Post office converted to the new system during this week.

EVERY parcel gets charged per volumetric weight.

The smallest boxes I post, measures 23 x 15 x 15cm. Divide this by 5000, and you get a volumetric weight of 1,04Kg.

I always used to pay Econo Fee for these boxes. Therefore the charge will now always fall above 1Kg.

They have to make up money somewhere to cover their strikes.

Little do they realise that we now send many more parcels with courier, so they loose all the way.

Just Beachin

Thanks Tribal, but that's not the same system, small parcel econo post is ordinary parcel post except discounted. What I'm trying to say is that the discounted price will fall away on the first, and adding the new tariff, we are looking at spending

Edited by Just Beachin

Timeless Board Games

Post office is lost cause now.

Courier only.

Just Beachin

In my opinion, Eskom, the post office, municipalities, etc.... are all governmental parasites, although we all may make due with "Courier out" we are still dealing with "SAPO in" (for our stock to maintain a competitive edge)....The whole SAPO system is imploding, it's like watching a train wreck, knowing that the tax we pay... will insure we watch this... in slow motion! :sad2:...damn, I'm feeling gloomy tonight

Timeless Board Games

I have never received anything from overseas before.

About 4 weeks ago a company in the US sent a small parcel - when do you think I will receive it in this mess?

The problem is there is no information on it.

SAPO says it is not in their system yet, and the US tracking says it left there.

Just Beachin
I have never received anything from overseas before.

About 4 weeks ago a company in the US sent a small parcel - when do you think I will receive it in this mess?

The problem is there is no information on it.

SAPO says it is not in their system yet, and the US tracking says it left there.

Generally it takes about 2 1/2 weeks from the US and less that a week to the US, unless it gets hung up in customs

ATA STAMP CENTRE
Generally it takes about 2 1/2 weeks from the US and less that a week to the US, unless it gets hung up in customs

I dont think so,

I have been sending regularly to the us for years

Before the strike in october last year it was around 15 days,but since then it was taking JHB INTERNATIONAL 3-4 WEEKS to process the mail into bag out and delivery was taking 6-7 weeks to the states with some being as long as 8-9 weeks.

This was register airmail

They only recently in the middle february got up to date and delivery improved to the states at around 15-20 days and currently is taking about 3 weeks.

Mail to The uk is the quickest which is now around 10-15 days and even in same week sometimes.

Incoming is still behind as some mail sent october last year is filtering through now and current mail incoming is at around 4-5 weeks

Courier is just too expensive for low value orders.

neil