Sign in to follow this  
vno

Buyer wants direct payment, but seems not to be a verified seller

Vinyl Lady Decals

And also appears to be one of those offending sellers that relists their items for short periods "listed every day" which is why the listing system has changed.

vno

Thanks Admin, the problem is, how the heck do I see this? I guess, I have become more wary recently, since from what I've been reading, Bid or Buy, does not exactly protect the buyer, then I see the listing requiring direct payment to seller and there seems to be no indication anywhere, that I can see off-hand, that this seller is verified or anything, where can I see sellers standings from your perspective, in other words, how can I see whether a seller is trustworthy or not?

Edited by vno
spelling errors...

admin

Unfortunately you will not be able to see if a seller is an advanced or basic seller, the verified sellers, recognized by the green tick, are advanced sellers. Should you come across listings asking for direct payment to the seller, please use the "Report a problem" link and we will check to see if the seller is an advanced seller.

Buyers are protected and I am a bit confused that you are bringing up that point as you have first hand knowledge of this.

Apple iPhone - Apple iPhone 5s 16GB was sold for R3,500.00 on 7 Nov at 20:21 by james0001 in Durban (ID:166301349)

There is also the Buyer Protection Programme

Kind regards

Andries

vno

Ok, great you bring up the iPhone, but how do you protect the buyer in the given example, where payment is made directly to the seller? and how about having a mechanism/icon where the buyer can see whether a seller is in good standing or not, I don't see a green tick mark on 4kids' listing.

Free Soul Styles

"and how about having a mechanism/icon where the buyer can see whether a seller is in good standing or not"

That green tick in no way means that the seller is "in good standing". Lots of sellers who have it have MANY negative ratings. Many sellers without it have great positive ratings. Best way to check if a seller is in good standing is to check their ratings. (just my opinion)

mrmouse
Unfortunately you will not be able to see if a seller is an advanced or basic seller, the verified sellers, recognized by the green tick, are advanced sellers. Should you come across listings asking for direct payment to the seller, please use the "Report a problem" link and we will check to see if the seller is an advanced seller.

Buyers are protected and I am a bit confused that you are bringing up that point as you have first hand knowledge of this.

Apple iPhone - Apple iPhone 5s 16GB was sold for R3,500.00 on 7 Nov at 20:21 by james0001 in Durban (ID:166301349)

There is also the Buyer Protection Programme

Kind regards

Andries

The problem i see is that the banking details are in the listing itself for all to see.Is this allowed?

johan

Hi All,

As discussed in previous posts there are a few different types of seller on bidorbuy. You have the Verified seller with the green tick and then you have basic and advanced sellers.

Basic sellers are different to advanced sellers in a way that they have to pay for listing and enhancements upfront and they are also limited to use only bidorbuy payment options.

Advanced sellers have the option to add their own payment options as they have provided details in order for bidorbuy to recover funds for invoices and they have provided us with working banking details.

Then there are advanced sellers who have been on the site since before the launch of bobpay, there are not many of them around and we have recently started to force bobpay options on all new sellers and the uptake of bobpay has been very good from the older sellers.

This seller falls in this category and they are within their rights to offer their own options, I just question the prominence of the payment option promotion as it does seem a bit over the top in my personal opinion.

This is not something that we encourage as it causes confusion (hence this post), and buyers prefer to make use of bobpay payments for their own peace of mind and it has advantages for sellers too. I believe that in time these sellers will adopt bobpay as it integrates better with the site and also takes the payment matching burden away from the seller.

With regards to safety on the site we do refer people to the buyer protection program and we would also actively encourage buyers to purchase from sellers that offer bobpay as this is one of the requirements of the buyer protection program. One then has to look at the ratings of the seller and I would personally look at the most recent ratings as that is good indication of the sellers current performance on bidorbuy.

I hope that this helps.

Johan