Sign in to follow this  
Tulley

Another strike at the SA Post Office looms

Tulley    10
Tulley

The Star writes that chaos at the SA Post Office (Sapo) is set to continue with employees threatening to down tools again over backpay and the axing of workers. A crippling three-month strike by the Communication Workers Union (CWU) was called off in late November after members agreed to go back into talks with Sapo management.

The union wants backpay of 8%, the reinstatement of 588 fired workers into their original posts and salaries, and the conversion of casual workers into permanent posts within 18 months.

“We have already mobilised our members and they’re edgy and battle-ready to go on the streets,” CWU general secretary Aubrey Tshabalala said yesterday.

The possible resumption of mass action will most likely see the sorting and delivering of post coming to a standstill again.

But the CMU is adamant that it has to stick to its guns because the conditions of workers continue to worsen.

The union has also called for the removal of Sapo’s new boss, Simo Lushaba, saying there was still no leadership at the parastatal.

The entire board was sacked last year for failing to perform its fiduciary duties. Tshabalala accused Lushaba of not involving labour in his turnaround strategy.

The union and management are due to meet at the CCMA on Wednesday in an attempt to iron out their differences.

According to the Communications Workers Union (CWU), post office employees will embark on a nationwide postal strike on next Wednesday (11 Feb 2015).

Edited by Tulley

bellemodel    10
bellemodel
The Star

According to the Communications Workers Union (CWU), post office employees will embark on a nationwide postal strike on next Wednesday (11 Feb 2015).

After the last strike, I reorganized myself. This time I am ready for them. They can strike until the sun sets, it won't hut me again!

:mad:

Faeryshop    10
Faeryshop

I lost thousands in sales the last time so if they strike again, im done

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE
I lost thousands in sales the last time so if they strike again, im done

Its not easy just to do wothout them

There is no viable alternative for low priced items and international u have NO CHOICE as the courier option is hugely expensive

I subsidise my international courier if its an expensive item as we cant afford to lose the item and the money.

International buyers want their goods in 3 weeks and since november sapo has taken from 3 -8 weeks to deliver and say they still have a backlog.

I know of two sellers who had great ratings and good business on ebay ,that were dismissed form the site with all the orders affected during the last strike.,thats their livlihood affected.

Each time u post something,u pray it will be sent and received in a reasonable time,else u dont even get the funds released.

Its ridiculous and it makes RSA a joke and confines us to a third world status with international buyers having no confidence to buy either.

Ridiculous this has become a nightmare of huge proportions,and not to mention ESKOM..........

FFFFF FFFFF SSSSS

NEIL

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles

I agree. I only do small registered letters to overseas now. But other than that i refuse to use post office. Beginning of the year, the first 2 parcels i received where tampered with. I know a lot of buyers cannot afford R70.00 for courier, but as a seller i cannot afford to refund buyers and cover my lost stock.

mrmouse    12
mrmouse
I agree. I only do small registered letters to overseas now. But other than that i refuse to use post office. Beginning of the year, the first 2 parcels i received where tampered with. I know a lot of buyers cannot afford R70.00 for courier, but as a seller i cannot afford to refund buyers and cover my lost stock.

Ive recieved 3 internationals from ebay in 4 days so far , looking good .

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles

I'm still waiting for stuff from January. I will admit though that my father has been getting his parcels from overseas. Maybe i just have bad luck!! I've called, emailed and begged for my parcels with no luck. I did notice that 2 of them have been sitting at customs for well over a month.

mrmouse    12
mrmouse
I'm still waiting for stuff from January. I will admit though that my father has been getting his parcels from overseas. Maybe i just have bad luck!! I've called, emailed and begged for my parcels with no luck. I did notice that 2 of them have been sitting at customs for well over a month.

Spares from Switzerland that were posted in Jan also came invia Registered mail .

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles

You are very lucky mrmouse. Like i said, maybe i just have bad luck :weird:

mrmouse    12
mrmouse
You are very lucky mrmouse. Like i said, maybe i just have bad luck :weird:

Maybe some postmasters at some branches work just a little bit harder than others , ours is amazing.