Sign in to follow this  
foxmulder2007

Post Office Branches Closing

foxmulder2007    10
foxmulder2007

I personally know of two post office branches that closed their doors permanenty on the24th of January 2015. Both in Pretoria - Wonderboom and Brooklyn.

I was wondering if these were isolated cases or if it is part of a larger strategy by sapo to try and save some money.

Does anyone else know of any sapo retail branches closing down or being 'merged' with another existing branch?

Just thought it would be interesting to know if this is happening on a national scale or not.

bellemodel    10
bellemodel

I hope they all go bankrupt and rot.

queen of hearts    10
queen of hearts

We have a Postal Agency and the owner has not been paid what is due from the Post Office for 2 months now. He is keeping it open for a short while at his own cost but i do not see it lasting. One of the larger Post Offices in the Mall closed in January due to non-payment of rent and others no longer have stamps. I think last week was my last buying of anything coming through the post until we know if we will have a Post Office or not. Unfortunately we are rural and the cost of couriers is not an option - Postnet is an option if the cost is not far more than the item and if seller allows combined shipping on suitable items which is often not the case with those making a bit extra on the postage. I think it is time Bid or Buy can get a Courier on board that will provide a more reasonable service if it is supported and volume can reduce the cost.

wekwa    10
wekwa

Been to three SAPO's and saw notices about photocopying machines being out of order. Could it be a coincidence all of them are not working or they did not pay their dues that is if they were hiring them.

moodTime    10
moodTime

Umhlanga Gateway Post Office closed down this month and there is talk that La Lucia branch is going soon

geewhizz    20
geewhizz

- Postnet is an option

Is Postnet an option? As far as I know all post that is sent via Postnet is then distributed via the SAPO,except for courier.

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

so much for the Governments' transparency:mad: still waiting on packages from Feb!

republikein    10
republikein

I have been told first hand by a SAPO employee about a few hundred branches that the PO intend to close over the next few years - this strategy was communicated internally to all branches. The closing of these branches is a strategy, but not final. Let us see.

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

One of the ladies at our branch informed me that they have received notification that over 6000 of them are due to be retrenched any day now - and she is worried as she is one of the "new" employees. She cannot understand why after 6 years she is still considered a temporary worker!

BABADAUD    10
BABADAUD

Edited by BABADAUD

queen of hearts    10
queen of hearts

Postnet is an option for me R99 for up to 5Kg for parcels and it is sent counter to counter and I collect at the nearest Postnet Branch which is in our closest Mall. Usually takes 3 working days and if the seller was smart enough to put my telephone number on the parcel slip they actually phone and let you know your parcel has arrived.

mrspagel    10
mrspagel

I've been waiting for mail from all over SA with "stamps" bought (worried that it got lost in the system) and today I received a positive rating from a buyer in Suffolk, United Kingdom, who received his order within 3 days. Please explain that to me?????