Sign in to follow this  
MagicMan0027

SNC filed

MagicMan0027

If itis not in the right section please move.

So I have received a SNC from a seller. It is the first time something like this happens to me. I purchased items from a seller and payment was made immediately. I always make my payments right after auction has closed. I enquired from seller about my speedservices tracking number. A day or 2 later he replied and advised that he cannot find the items he sold me. He suggested that he will refund me my money.

Today I received this SNC from the seller. We have agreed to cancel the sale but not because of a default on my side, he (seller) is not in a position to supply me with the products as offered by him. He refunded my money now.

Because it is the first time something like this happens to me I appealed the SNC. I don't want this to reflect bad on my record and make it look like I am the party that is in the wrong. According to what I understand a SNC is when the buyer doesn't make payment to conclude the sale.

CardinaJewels
If itis not in the right section please move.

So I have received a SNC from a seller. It is the first time something like this happens to me. I purchased items from a seller and payment was made immediately. I always make my payments right after auction has closed. I enquired from seller about my speedservices tracking number. A day or 2 later he replied and advised that he cannot find the items he sold me. He suggested that he will refund me my money.

Today I received this SNC from the seller. We have agreed to cancel the sale but not because of a default on my side, he (seller) is not in a position to supply me with the products as offered by him. He refunded my money now.

Because it is the first time something like this happens to me I appealed the SNC. I don't want this to reflect bad on my record and make it look like I am the party that is in the wrong. According to what I understand a SNC is when the buyer doesn't make payment to conclude the sale.

An SNC is filed on any sale that is not complete, it will not look bad on your side, the seller needs to file it to get back their commission paid for the sale, they still will not get back any listing enhancement fees however.

MiemsJewels
An SNC is filed on any sale that is not complete, it will not look bad on your side, the seller needs to file it to get back their commission paid for the sale, they still will not get back any listing enhancement fees however.

.......and then there is buyers who ignores the snc, and dont agree. They only need to READ why the SNC is filed, but they dont.

MagicMan0027

Ok now I understand. I was just under the impression that a SNC is always applicable when the buyer defaults on something

Free Soul Styles

I've had to do it before. I was having a few theft issues and stock for a buyer went missing. I was horrified but the seller was nice enough to allow me to refund him, and i obviously had to file an SNC - Buyer and seller agreed to cancel sale - I did however explain before hand that i was doing this so that he didn't get a fright. I think sellers need to inform the buyer in that situation so that this doesn't happen. The minute you see an SNC you automatically think you're going to get a bad rating.

MagicMan0027
I've had to do it before. I was having a few theft issues and stock for a buyer went missing. I was horrified but the seller was nice enough to allow me to refund him, and i obviously had to file an SNC - Buyer and seller agreed to cancel sale - I did however explain before hand that i was doing this so that he didn't get a fright. I think sellers need to inform the buyer in that situation so that this doesn't happen. The minute you see an SNC you automatically think you're going to get a bad rating.

Agree. IIt will be better if seller notifies the buyer in advance. For me a SNC is always something bad. Just imagine this morning I woke up and read my emails and bang someone filed a SNC against me. Actually got a fright.

Little Miss Muffet
Agree. IIt will be better if seller notifies the buyer in advance. For me a SNC is always something bad. Just imagine this morning I woke up and read my emails and bang someone filed a SNC against me. Actually got a fright.

As A matter of interest how was the SNC worded? I have a feeling that they are a little threatening. The wording should be different for the various reasons an SNC is filed--Surely:unsure:

Not1CentMore
.......and then there is buyers who ignores the snc, and dont agree. They only need to READ why the SNC is filed, but they dont.

Golly, gee... SOME Buyers can't read the item description, terms and conditions, etc., so why would he / she read the reason for Seller filing an SNC?

This SNC is surely to be 'appealed' with all the tears and temper tantrums a two-year-old could muster (sarcasm intended).

Buyer bids/wins auction.

Winning email notification sent.

Buyer sends email from a different email addy saying he needs the item for a gift by 15 February.

Forwarded copy of original email to (work?) email addy which includes payment options and how to remit, shipping options and costs for each (taken 'smack dab' from USPS website) as well as 'approximate' time in transit for each service (Expedited 20-25 business days), IF there is no delay in US/SA Customs or SAPO.

Buyer sends email saying that with my User ID, he didn't expect to pay one cent more for the item (hmmm... what a 'can of worms' it would open if my User ID was Free4MeButNot4Thee - Buyer would say, "but, but, but... it said 'FREE').

He replies he really wants this item but he needs to contact BoB first. (my question is WHY?)

Then an email this morning saying, "You did not send shipping information (I have copies of all email received / sent). PayPal will not accept Rand (really???). I will NOT be purchasing this Item from you as I think you guys are a mickey mouse company".

Yeppers, I can see it now.... 209E0412a.gif

Ruthie

Free Soul Styles
As A matter of interest how was the SNC worded? I have a feeling that they are a little threatening. The wording should be different for the various reasons an SNC is filed--Surely:unsure:

I think BoB needs to write something more friendly. It basically tells you that you have received an SNC from whoever, to view the details, click here (paraphrasing). It does come across as a little too formal/aggressive i suppose.

Edited by Free Soul Styles

Free Soul Styles
Buyer sends email saying that with my User ID, he didn't expect to pay one cent more for the item

That's a brilliant excuse not to pay. My User ID is FREE Soul Styles... I might need to change that!!

Not1CentMore
That's a brilliant excuse not to pay. My User ID is FREE Soul Styles... I might need to change that!!

Yeah, ya might. Good golly, gee whiz, SOME Buyer may decide he / she doesn't 'like' the soul he / she has and ask you to design a new one for him / her... one with a little more 'frills' or a little less 'dirt'. Or perhaps he / she 'sold' the one he / she had and needs a new one:whistling:.. the 'possibilities' are endless.

At the end of the day, one has to 'try' to find a tad of humor in even the most bizarre.

Ruthie

Free Soul Styles
At the end of the day, one has to 'try' to find a tad of humor in even the most bizarre.

You're right. Just laugh it off and move on.

wayjen

Hi Ruthie

I think the buyer is trying to blackmail you into getting the item for way less then the price you advertised and used the "I will contact BoB", tactic to try and get you to give him a better solution and cheaper and possibly free solution to his purchase. He is a joke and an (insert swear word) and I wonder if he has done the same to other sellers before.

I would have told him off and rated him negative and approached BoB to caution him on his name calling.

Not1CentMore
Hi Ruthie I would have told him off and rated him negative and approached BoB to caution him on his name calling.

Ah, Wayne, if it is but one thing I have learned in my 'over-the-hill-around-the-bend' years, it is to pick my 'battles' carefully. Some aren't worth the time, effort or energy. I will 'flip him the... SNC' when the time comes and copy/paste the above as the reason. If he appeals, the folk at BoB will decide who is at 'fault' and 'whichever the way the wind blows', one of us will have to live with it.

No muss, no fuss, no bother... can't afford another gray hair.

Ruthie

Not1CentMore

And he did.... appealed the SNC.

His last email 2/3/2015 3:44 AM: "....you have not sent me any info on shipping costs, I find it hard to just make payment, I click on your link and nothing happens... I will NOT be purchasing this Item from you as I think you guys are a mickey mouse company."

(Sigh) Have every email received / sent. He has shipping options / costs and time in transit. I offered to send him a request for Payment via PayPal. There was no link. And I guess I am Goofy or Dumbo.

Yeppers, another interesting day in the neighborhood.

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

Vinyl Lady Decals

Weird buyer this...