Sign in to follow this  
collectors investments

BidorBuy Site Crashed

collectors investments    10
collectors investments

The BidorBuy site has been down since about 8pm , now 9:25 & still cant access auctions.How does this affect our auctions?

admin    0
admin

Hi collectors_invest,

Thank you for letting us know. The IT team is working on the problem.

admin    0
admin

Please check now, looks like the problem is sorted.

TribalTrade    10
TribalTrade

I AM NOT HAPPY!!!

The site went down as I was working on my account at around 20:10.

My Weekend Promotions closed at 21:15.

Normally I would draw bids in excess of R1000 - R2000 within this last hour.

The site has now returned to normal, and I must just accept the loss???

collectors investments

Great I list a whole lot of items at R1 no reserve auctions & no one can bid for the last hour to hour & half of the auction!!!!!!Totally unacceptable , who is liable for my financial loss??????Let me guess not BidorBuy , about R15 000 to R20 000 out of pocket.Auctions should be cancelled & allowed to run for another week.Not to mention all my Buy it Now auctions with enhancement fees (over 100 auctions about R2000) that ended during this time.

Edited by collectors_invest

admin    0
admin

Hi TribalTrade,

I do understand your frustration. Please keep in mind that the Operations Manager, Johan, is the only one that can respond to your questions regarding the outage and the effects. I am sure he will reply as soon as possible tomorrow. Thank you for your understanding and patience in this regard.

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles

Also having issues, i don't know if it's my wifi or Bob. I can't logout or in from Bob's home page or my listings page via my PC. I have to open a new window on to the forum to see the sign out tab. Also, i can't view my recent sales, ratings for buyers or payments received. On my tablet it seems fine though. I had the same issues last night. I could still do emails, browse etc. And now if i search i cannot check only buy now or auction items, it refuses to open. And i can't see shipping or descriptions. Both my computers are like this.

Edited by Free Soul Styles

geewhizz    20
geewhizz

​Loading images is a pain today??

collectors investments

Still waiting for a response from BidorBuy!!!!!!!!

johan    1
johan

Good morning All,

As you are aware we had service issues last night roughly between 8 and 10pm. This was caused by a denial of service attack. A denial-of-service attack is characterized by an explicit attempt by attackers to prevent legitimate users of a service from using that service. There are two general forms of DoS attacks: those that crash services and those that flood services.

This is not something that was caused by the server migration on Saturday morning and it is also not something that would have been preventable in our old hosting environment.

We are currently investigating the extent of trades that were affected by this and we will keep everyone posted on how we are going to proceed on the matter.

My sincerest apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

Johan du Toit

Operations Manager.

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles

Still can't log in normally or do anything i mentioned earlier. I'm not even going to bother with uploads. Problem is, i can't see who's paid and who hasn't.

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

Why do I get this message when I'm trying to relist my items. Very frustrating to list it one by one :-(

I DID select the items to be relisted.

Relist Items Confirmation

No items were selected to relist

mrmouse    11
mrmouse
Why do I get this message when I'm trying to relist my items. Very frustrating to list it one by one :-(

I DID select the items to be relisted.

Relist Items Confirmation

No items were selected to relist

When I try to add something to my watchlist i get taken to a search page , hohum

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels
When I try to add something to my watchlist i get taken to a search page , hohum

Alles deurmekaar...

TribalTrade    10
TribalTrade

What is going on with this website?

Since 21:15 on 25/2/2015 until 05:45 today I could not access your Main Page, My account or the Forum.

I only get a message "This Web Page is not available."

If I want to open the Forum, I get an "Internal Error".

I am getting fed-up of this!! When are you going to sort out this crap. Since the migration things are not right!! We pay for a service, and you need to deliver on our payments!!!

Miss Jewels    10
Miss Jewels

We have also been having problems and the answers we get from the telephone support team are just not making any sense. Some of them were not even aware of the issue. Even Google Chrome is not the solution. MacMuffin has been assisting but I think this problem is getting worse and needs urgent attention please.

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

I am regularly getting an Ajax error when working with my listings.

I've also got a buyer who says she can't get past the prompts to complete her transaction and pay me, I have had to give her other options in order to complete her transaction.

There definitely seems to be a problem on the website.

Edited by Vinyl Lady Decals

ATA STAMP CENTRE    10
ATA STAMP CENTRE
I am regularly getting an Ajax error when working with my listings.

I've also got a buyer who says she can't get past the prompts to complete her transaction and pay me, I have had to give her other options in order to complete her transaction.

There definitely seems to be a problem on the website.

Since the migration,its same as was discussed previously,and last night around 9,25 to 9,40 the site was not accessible.

This was detrimental to our sales as items closing at 10pm lost many bids

The very worrying part about this is that the site is actually a lot quieter at the moment compared to some months back and this is happening,so what will happen when the site REALLY gets busy again??

NEIL

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles

I thought it was just me! I could easily log into the forum, BoB home page, and other sellers items, but i could not access my BoB account at all. It took ages to rate a buyer who paid last night! It's lagging a bit today (could just be my wifi), but otherwise it's all fine.