StudMuffinsMissus

Why can't I rate after 3 months??

StudMuffinsMissus

I have addressed this before with BOB but wasn't really happy with the answer given. Why can't I rate a seller negative if the purchase is more than 3 months ago? The patient person that I am...I wait 3.5 months for my parcel. STILL haven't received anything. Pretty mad because I gave them the benefit of the doubt..but now I want to rate them negative and cannot. I've always been happy with everything I've bought and the excellent service from sellers, just two recent (seperate) purchase were an absolute nightmare and I cannot even rate their shoddy service. Rating system really must be changed.

MagicMan0027

Agree, I purchased an item 6 months ago and have never received. Seller always used the excuse of post office strike. At one stage seller advised he will refund after strike has ended. I haven't received my item or refund. It is not a big amount but it is the principle. Seller hasn't sold anything for about 4 of 5 months now.

StudMuffinsMissus

Does anyone from admin read these threads?

This purchase was for a third party that doesn't have a BOB account. So it's even more annoying when I'm asked everyday when their item will arrive. This is a verified seller, how do I go about getting a refund? But more importantly I need to rate him negative to reflect this bad experience. I've been on this site for 8 years but it just takes a few bad experiences to make me not want to buy anything more on here. A pity because living in a small town it is super convenient.

mira2

I would like to know what I can do. I have a buyer who keeps on putting me off with a sale of nearly R3000.00 of which I have paid the commission already. I cannot rate or file snc as this was during postal strike. I have sent him the courier rates and keeps on telling me the end of the month. Looking at his purchases which are huge daily he still buys all the time. What can I do?

CardinaJewels
I would like to know what I can do. I have a buyer who keeps on putting me off with a sale of nearly R3000.00 of which I have paid the commission already. I cannot rate or file snc as this was during postal strike. I have sent him the courier rates and keeps on telling me the end of the month. Looking at his purchases which are huge daily he still buys all the time. What can I do?

File an SNC and rate negative, you cannot wait indefinitely for a sale, the postal strike is long over. Re-list the item and move on.

CardinaJewels

This purchase was for a third party that doesn't have a BOB account. So it's even more annoying when I'm asked everyday when their item will arrive. This is a verified seller, how do I go about getting a refund? But more importantly I need to rate him negative to reflect this bad experience. I've been on this site for 8 years but it just takes a few bad experiences to make me not want to buy anything more on here. A pity because living in a small town it is super convenient.

If they are verified then you should be able to open a claim with bid or buys protection program, I would contact them and do this out of principle. A good seller should stay in contact and at-least attempt to find out what is going on with your parcel

johan

Hi All

I have been following this thread and I think I can provide some clarity.

With the high volume of trades that turn over on bidorbuy we have implemented a policy to archive trades that are more than 90 days old.

This is to ensure that we keep the performance of the site at a high level when it comes to searches, page loading and the serving of images as these 3 metrics make a big difference in the user experience.

When trades get archived we move them in to a different database where they can be stored for records but they do not affect the site.

This does have some drawbacks for users who are not able to rate someone when a trade is more than 90 days old. When we decided on the time frame we looked at how many trades it would affect and the number was so small that we have implemented the change.

I think what I have to say might be controversial to some, but from my experience if someone can not deliver inside 90 days there is a very big chance that they will not deliver at all and as a buyer you should consider rating sooner.

Also if a seller is not prepared to engage with a buyer regarding a negative rating inside 90 days in order to resolve the matter chances are they are not going to do anything after 90 days.

If you have a buyer who is not able to conclude a transaction before the 60 day window for filing an SNC closes, you have to draw the line somewhere. File the SNC so that you can relist the item and you can tell them that they are more than welcome to bid on or purchase the item again. This way you don't have to pay fees for things that did not sell and you you don't have to store inventory for customer who does not pay.

I am not saying that there won't be exceptions to the rules but I am saying the above will ring true for over 99.5% of cases when we look at the day to day activity on the site.

Matters that fall outside this window that are not delivered contact the customer care team who will follow up for you with the seller to resolve this. Also as mentioned in some other threads if the item was purchased after 22 September 2014 you can claim through the buyer protection program. If the purchase was before that date and if the seller was a Verified user the buyer protection program is still an option.

Regards,

Johan du Toit

johan

Please PM me the details and I can look at it for you and give you some advise on the matter.

You can also file a claim for the purchase if the seller was verified or if it was after 22 September 2014 on: Buyer Protection Programme | Safe Shopping | bidorbuy.co.za

Regards,

Johan du Toit

NooNooBug

Thanx Johan. I must agree with you re the 90 days, coz even during the strike majority of the parcels managed to get there within that time span. Obviously there were some that didn't and those are exceptions. The 60 days in which to file SNC can be a tad tricky, eg an overseas parcel being returned can fall just out side of 60 days in my experience. But I suppose those are hopefully only a small pertentage.

StudMuffinsMissus

He is a verified seller but the issue is with the rating, not reimbursement. Next time I will be quicker to rate negative. Ironically as I posted this I received an email saying the parcel is in the country. We will see.... It just makes me look like an idiot

StudMuffinsMissus

If I had rated negative and wanted to change my rating for some reason after 3 months...could BOB do that?

qhubekela

I also want to add that I do understand the reasoning behind the 90-day rule. However, there is no warning regarding this. Therefore, when BOB sends the email to remind about rating sellers/buyers, they should also mention this rule.

When a user wants to rate after 90 days, could not administrators at least reimport that particular transaction?

admin

Hi qhubekela,

Welcome to the forum.

Please post your suggestion to add the message about not being able to rate after 3 months in the rating reminder email in the Feedback to the bidorbuy team forum.

@StudMuffinsMissus, I somehow missed your question, please accept my sincere apologies. No, after the listing is archived, no action can be taken on it.

Annalie68

i bought my first item ever online.I got my camera today but have no idea where to go to rate the seller for a job well done.

admin

Hi Annalie68,

Go to "My bidorbuy" then click on the "Buying" tab there you will find "Recent sellers requiring ratings".

Kind regards

Andries

Louis Oosthuizen

I bought an item 3 Feb 2017, paid in full, obviously, I even paid for the delivery to my door. Today 20 June 2017 I had to drive to the nearest post office to collect my purchase. After 40+ emails from my side only receiving a few responses after a week or two of waiting with less to no info of when I will receive my purchase. I made a complaint to Bid or Buy and only 3 emails were sent to me stating "the seller is unresponsive" and I must open a criminal case. If the buyer protection is supposed to protect the buyer then why must I lodge a claim 30 days after the incedent even though the seller clearly states the item will only arrive after 35 days. Can someone please explain this to me or am I just missing something? So yes the rating system is designed for the sellers only and has to be changed, I now have no way of letting other buyers know about this seller and to try and avoid them. Needles to say I will be avoiding Bid or Buy due to this lack of commitment from this one seller as well as the "Buyers protection" thank you but no thank you!

Louis Oosthuizen

P.S. The replies received from Bid or Buy were all automated. They were at least kind enough to send a 4th and 5th email asking for a rating.

johan

Hi Louis,

I am sorry for the inconvenience you experienced in this transaction. It is not great when items arrive late and when shipping instructions are not followed by the seller. In this case we have suspended the seller's account and they will not be allowed to trade on bidorbuy again. 

With regards to the tickets I see that Morne was speaking to you about the case and your buyer protection claim and you only received automated mails to rate our service after the ticket was closed. 

Coming to the Buyer protection program and the questions you have around that. The Buyer protection programme is offered by bidorbuy as a means to promote a safer trading platform for buyers and sellers. This is something that we offer out of goodwill and it is not an insurance or a paid for service. As such we have terms and conditions around what is covered in this program and what is not. 

When buyers and sellers trade with each other they may make arrangements with each other that falls outside the scope of the buyer protection programme as this is an open marketplace. Sometimes this is for practical reasons such as items being made to order or ,that buyers and sellers agree to economical shipping terms that mean that the item arrive outside this time frame set for cover in the Buyer protection programme.  If these agreements fall outside the terms of the buyer protection programme we do not cover it as it is not practical for us to take risks on transactions for an undefined time period.  

Once again I apologise for the delay in the arrival of your purchase and the inconvenience caused, by the seller. It is certainly not the norm on our site and the way the vast majority of our sellers do business.