Sign in to follow this  
eiger

Don't Use BidOrBuy

eiger

Seller cancelled the sale because it was too difficult for him to get his money out of BidOrBuy, I have been struggling with them for over a week to get a refund. They play dead, then pass the buck to the seller, then play dead again - frustrating and ridiculous. BE WARNED!

johan

Hi John,

Thank you for you post and bringing this to my attention.

When you made the purchase the money was paid through the bobpay system and was allocated to the sellers account. Because of the amounts and the fact that this is a new seller we asked the seller to send us some identification in order for their pay out to processed.

This is a security measure to ensure that you as a buyer enjoy some form of protection with regard to your purchase. The seller is informed that we are holding and guaranteeing the funds, and they are advised to ship the goods to you so long and we will release the funds either when we receive sufficient documentation or if the item has arrived with you safely.

In this case the seller took more than a week to send in documentation, and also refused to ship the item to you. We had no choice but to keep hold of the funds. Unfortunately this lead to the seller cancelling the sale and you did not receive your item, leaving everyone frustrated.

On top of this we had no communication when we tried to contact the seller in order confirm the cancellation, as we also would not want to reverse transactions when the goods are already on it's way to you.

With regards to the refund the money was reversed to your account and the payment was released to on the afternoon of the 27th of January which means that the funds should be with you today.

I am sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused and from reading the communication thread I think that we could have done better at keeping you informed of the process and where we were with it. This is something that I will take up with the customer service agents that dealt with you personally and also the team as a whole.

Please accept my apologies and please feel free to get in touch with me if there is anything further that I can assist with.

Regards,

Johan du Toit

cheryl ann

Don't be afraid to use bid or buy there are many good sellers out there and it is always best to use a verified seller. Most of the sellers do their best o deliver the goods once payment has been received.

lilythepink

Bid or Buy has to be the most secure online site to buy and sell goods in South Africa (and, indeed, internationally).

I speak as both a buyer and a seller of many years standing.

Thanks, Johan, and all at BoB admin who do take care of the intricacies which inevitably arise.

Not1CentMore
Bid or Buy has to be the most secure online site to buy and sell goods in South Africa (and, indeed, internationally).

I speak as both a buyer and a seller of many years standing.

Thanks, Johan, and all at BoB admin who do take care of the intricacies which inevitably arise.

Indeed. The Staff is super and work extremely hard to resolve issues. It may take some time... after all, they are human and can only do so much, so fast, but it gets done. We don't know what goes on 'behind the scenes' getting an issue resolved, but with a 'teaspoon' of communication and a 'cup' of patience, the 'wrong' gets 'made right'.

As Janet said, thanks BoB for making, and keeping, BidorBuy a safe venue for both Buyer and Seller.

Ruthie

clintonc

Clint

I just made a purchase on BOB whereby the seller failed to advise on the condition of the item on the main description. The information was hidden under the description of the item as part of the specifications. This item has not been shipped as yet. Spoke to a consultant at BOB who says this is valid. Is this good selling practice.

Free Soul Styles
I just made a purchase on BOB whereby the seller failed to advise on the condition of the item on the main description. The information was hidden under the description of the item as part of the specifications. This item has not been shipped as yet. Spoke to a consultant at BOB who says this is valid. Is this good selling practice.

Sadly, we (sellers) cannot always fit everything in the main description as there's never enough space. Personally, if i do have an item that's got a chip, dent etc i add that info BEFORE my images or in red large letters. As long as it is clearly stated on the listing the seller cannot be at fault. The seller did in fact note the damage and the buyer needs to always read the listing info before hand (sorry, not cause a fuss). I had a seller who was convinced she won 4 coins, however, if she had read the listing info it was clearly stated - Bid per coin, 4 on offer.

admin

Hi clintonc,

Welcome to the forum.

The seller did state openly in the item description "The phone goes on, but oly shows a white screen" This is not hidden, the item description box goes all the way to where the "Seller reviews" tab starts.

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Curve 9320 - Blue was sold for R451.00 on 30 Jan at 14:04 by Q_T in Pretoria / Tshwane (ID:173526457)

Should you not be interested in the phone anymore, please ask the seller to file a SNC to cancel the sale.

Thank you.