Sign in to follow this  
Ambassadors Invest

Beware of Coins on Seller Royalmint !!!!

Ambassadors Invest

Please beware all his high value coins are polished. I tried reasoning with him but he doesn't seem to understand the difference between business strike and proof coins, he is also not familiar with NGC certified coins either as he accused my South African 1923 Half Crown MS64 Finest Known of being cleaned!

some of the coins found purchased by him on his ratings seem to be relisted and also polished - this was identified by another well known coin dealer. i will leave it up to that dealer to show comparisons if he wishes

I hope Bidorbuy will take action here..

apart from his 1892 Pennies which are priced at R300 000 each... here is a classic example of a polished coin...

to the novice it will look like a proof...but no proofs for 1926 !

One Rand - 1926 Silver Zuid Afrika 3d - in mint condition - will never see again for sale in Johannesburg (ID:174203772)

Please keep your money well safe on this catalogue!:sowsuser: not much royalty here !

Free Soul Styles

He obviously picked up a book and saw the values, bought some Brasso and listed, hoping people wouldn't be able to tell the difference with the image.

Good luck to him... And to the poor soul who buys.

Edited by Free Soul Styles

I N Collectables

Hi all

I also picked up on this, and was immediately concerned. Albeit the chance of someone actually purchasing from him is rather low, it reflects badly on our hobby and field. It's enough to put people off from considering numismatics forever. Hope it gets rectified soon...

Regards

Muntfin

I must agree, this coin most certainly appears to have been polished:

1969 "English" Silver R1.00 (ID 173860396)

In particular the TH of SOUTH and the whole of AFRICA look very suspicious where it joins the field.

Just my 2c.......

Edited by Muntfin

Pierre_Henri

I see all his items have been removed from BidorBuy.

Not too soon I guess as many fingers (and purses) could have been burnt.

As a matter of interest, 1926 Tickeys do exist in proof condition, as 16 specimen sets were issued in that year.

But the coin he listed was obviously not one of these.

Pierre

Edited by Pierre_Henri