Sign in to follow this  
vno

A bog of rubbish in the wrong category

vno

What can be done to clean up Bid or Buy?

See for yourself what I am talking about:

go to

Cell Phones & PDAs

then

Cell Phones and Smartphones

then

Apple iPhone

now sort by lower price and voila, 20 pages of utter manure, none of which are an actual Apple iPhone, before you actually start seeing any iPhones on offer.

Now, under Cell Phones & PDAs, you have Accessories and also Parts subcategories where all the afforementioned manure should go, why is this not enforced? I unfortunately pay per Gig of bandwidth consumed, not because I want to, but because there is no option here. So I care about wasting time for one and bandwidth for the other on something that I should not have to do. What can be done to sort out this mess? Its not only under this subcategory but everywhere stuff is listed in categories that *really* do not apply.

If this is the way forward for Bid or Buy, messy and items listed under incorrect categories, I will probably use Bid or Buy much less and I suspect I am not the only one feeling this way.

The other issue, somewhat related to this one and actually a question that someone may be able to answer, is there a way, in my personal settings, to create a "Blacklist" of sellers I do not ever want to see listings for? There are a few of these yo-yo's that supposedly reside in this country, but your order is shipped from outer-Mongolia and you still have to deal with customs etc. if I wanted to have that hassle factor as part of my buying, then I would buy directly from Alibaba or DX, so I'd like to have the possibility as part of my personal profile, to add some sellers to a list, which thereafter won't show up for me.

Can anyone help with my second issue? and what about the first issue?

Edited by vno

MacMuffin
What can be done to clean up Bid or Buy?

Thanks for your feedback - I just wanted to let you know that within the next 2-3 weeks we will release a cell-phone category revamp which should address most (if not all of your issues) - i.e. better filtering and search.

We currently do not support the exclusion of certain sellers during search, but it is something we have on our roadmap (although not with high-priority, hence no firm delivery date).

vno

Thanks for that update, the issue with non-related items in the wrong categories is not just on the Cellphone side, also if you look under Computers->Apple->Laptops, you see HP's and all sorts of non-related items listed and its a real pain, so Bid or Buy should probably just add a fine to the sellers for listing in the wrong categories, make the fine high enough, you score short term and long term, I'd imagine this problem resolves itself. Otherwise I suggest as part of your listing rules add in that incorrectly categorised listing will be charged for, but deleted upon detection, same end result I would think. From me as a buyers perspective, the way things are now, is far from ideal and leaves me looking elsewhere rather, more often than not.

Please put a higher priority on the exclusion of user selected sellers on a permanent basis, this would make quite a difference, in my eyes already.

Also one more issue, your search is either too lax, or sellers are using keywords that don't apply to get their items to show up, when they shouldn't. For instance, do a search for "Outdoor PTZ IP Camera" and see what you get, everything and the bog house and very little of what I actually want and then of course you have the yo-yo sitting in London, that will have a camera shipped from outer-Mongolia, where you still have to settle and fight with customs locally as well...

Not sure whether I'm seeing these faults with the system now only or whether I never took much notice of these in the past, it just seems to be getting more annoying having the problems I described seem to appear more often than not.

Edited by vno
its PanTiltZoom, not PanZoomTilt, I think...

Pathway

Hi MacMuffin, you do have an exclusion option, in the list where you choose price, location etc. It's called 'Sellers', and opens a little window where you can exclude sellers.