Sign in to follow this  
DaTwista

Gemstone help please?

DaTwista    10
DaTwista

Hey guys!

Firstly, forgive me if this is posted in the incorrect place or has been beaten to death in other threads. Forum is big and a search was difficult to yield the results I'm wanting to read up on.

I would like to purchase some gems, well bid on some gems I found here on BoB. Specifically GISA certified items but I am concerned about a few things. The seller is selling gems with an indicative market value of R30k+ for amounts between R1000 - R5000.

What are the chances of me getting the item advertised? I mean they are AAA grade, GISA certified, high value gems. I'm concerned that the seller will replace the gem with one of a lower quality if the winning auction amount is lower than expected.

Does this happen? Is there other concerns I need to think about first?

At the end, I don't mind paying decent money for decent gems - but I don't want to pay for synthetic items or items falsely advertised.

Thank you for your time! :)

kyle2    10
kyle2

I've bought many gems on BoB, most turned out to be lab created, not natural, diamonds I bought were very heavily included, the pics were photo-shopped to remove the inclusions. Most of the Sapphires and rubies I bought - all lab created even though adds stated "Natural Gems" some of the Tanzanites I bought ended up being glass.

My advice to you is be cautious and if it looks too good to be true, it probably is........

SADiamondsrus    10
SADiamondsrus

Hi....

GISA certified, all good. This is the great thing about Auctions....R1 No reserve and they sell for what you prepared to pay as the highest bidder.

Check sellers ratings. If there's issues and its mentioned that FAKE stuff is being bought, stay away. There is some very good gem suppliers on bidorbuy, who work very hard to find great pieces to offer sometimes at a loss but fo rthe love of the "hobby"....then of course there is scammers.

Good luck

TreaT123    0
TreaT123

Hello All  Newbie Here

My situation is as so....

I brought diamonds on BoB.via a reputable dealer. Had them verified (by a expert and yes i saw him do the test with the diamond thing a mabob and he assured me it was real diamonds )and a month on resold them on BoB to a seller. it is about a month on and the seller contacts me and says his diamond dealer said the products are CZ(cubic zirconiums). Being a Newbie i told him how and where i got the product since he is also a BoB user. Please Help How must i handle this situation because i believe the product i sold him is real and that i might be being scammed.. 

P.S. i also think this would be a good example for other newbies