Sign in to follow this  
Asha Craft Jewellery

Paid promotion fees

Asha Craft Jewellery    10
Asha Craft Jewellery

When listing an item for paid promotion auctions it shows: "With paid promotion selected, optional enhancement fees will be charged as soon as you save the listing."

This is true, as the fees were deducted from my bob account.

If I delete said auction before it opens, are the fees credited back to me?

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

As far as I know the fees are not refundable.Remember crazy Wed can be viewed from the Friday so you would have had exposure.

I have had times when I decided to delete a crazy Wed but you can change the whole listing without deleting it It probably will only apply if it is in the same category though.

Best get admin to answer this one.

Asha Craft Jewellery

It should only be non-refundable once the listing OPENS. That is the only fair way. I cannot be penalised if I change my mind about a listing (before it has opened) and don't want to list something else in it's place. This has always been the case where we are only charged once the listing opens and I've been here for 9 years. WTF would they change it now? IT MAKES ME MAD!

Little Miss Muffet    20
Little Miss Muffet

It has always been like that for paid promotions. As I said you have had exposure.We can view any crazy Wed from Friday so we pay for the exposure

It is only R5.

Asha Craft Jewellery

But most of my listings average R85-R185 ??

admin    0
admin

Hi Amanda,

Just like geewhizz and TribalTrade said, once you click on confirm enhancements and confirm the listing, you will be charged the applicable fees for them which are non refundable. This feature was unfortunately abused by sellers to get free exposure for their items as explained in TribalTrade's post.

I contacted Bidorbuy with regards to this.

Once the "active" part is seen, your enhancement is paid for immediately on your account.

This is now done to stop sellers from Free Advertising. You as a seller better also be sure you do your listing correctly. If you close your listing, even though it was only open for a few minutes, you will pay for the "exposure" you received.

I feel that this is quite fair, and will prevent sellers from abusing the exposure they get on Promotional Auctions, by "opening" listings and then "closing" them just before the auction starts, or just removing the enhancements.

I would like to see Bidorbuy extent the "active" part of the listing at least to two hours prior to just deducting the fees?

Take for example the Crazy Wednesday geewhizz referred to. Seller goes all out with enhancements to give their items the best exposure from Friday until just before they open on Tuesday then deletes the listing. Nearly 5 days of the best free exposure, now that surely is not fair.

Please note:

1. Any listings you had set to relist when first creating them will be relisted with original enhancements (if any), without the additional enhancements.

2. You may not take off (delete) any enhancements, whether original or added on. You will be charged for the enhancements when you confirm your selection and the fees incurred in this way will not be refunded under any circumstances.

Enhanced Listings - Get the Best Exposure For Your Listing - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software

Kind regards

Andries

Asha Craft Jewellery

Exposure yes, but no sale either if you delete your auction. And Bidorbuy gets their commission on all sales.

So since this is considered an active auction even though it has not opened yet, wouldn't it be much clearer to all sellers if it shows "close auction" instead of "delete auction" ?

BoB is fixed on wording and I believe that delete means to make as if it did not exist, whereas closed means I know it was active and even if there were fees charged I now want to close it.

We were told since the start of Bidorbuy that listing fees are charged when the auction opens, and are payable whether the item sells or not. I was never told that we are charged whether the auction opens or not!

CardinaJewels    10
CardinaJewels

I for one like the new way of the charges, It makes perfect sense to me, I ask bid or buy to advertise my item, if I decide to cancel it before it opens thats my problem, bid or buy still did the advertising and promoting as agreed to, people still got the chance to see my company name and other items I might be selling. This solution is perfect to combat people trying to be dishonest and cheat the system. As a seller you just need to be 100% sure that you want to list the item.

SADiamondsrus    10
SADiamondsrus

I have always known the charges to work that if u tick and agree they are not refundable. i have not been on here for 9yrs though xx if i need to change before open...i change. i have my own issues with enhanced listings....which i am going to address.....business is tough