Sign in to follow this  
d_ronne

Boweni and Marcus Bank notes.

d_ronne    10
d_ronne

Help: Can anyone help by assisting me to determine the various issues (ie. 1st issue, 2nd issue etc) of the bank notes of the Governor's Boweni and Marcus. Be ever so grateful. Regards Dan

Pierre_Henri    14
Pierre_Henri

According to Hern, Dr H Wirz explains all the changes in the SA Banknote Review Volume 2, Issue1. (For the Mboweni first and second types)

e.g. RSA Coat of Arms added to obverse, micro printing to the far right, smaller watermark, width of the security thread, etc. etc.

What I found interesting, is that the serial numbers does not help to identify the two issues, as, for example both issues starts with AA 0 000 001 A.

The Mboweni second issue and the Marcus first issue is the same bar the signatures, while the Marcus second issue first introduced the Mandela series.

Pierre

d_ronne    10
d_ronne
According to Hern, Dr H Wirz explains all the changes in the SA Banknote Review Volume 2, Issue1. (For the Mboweni first and second types)

e.g. RSA Coat of Arms added to obverse, micro printing to the far right, smaller watermark, width of the security thread, etc. etc.

What I found interesting, is that the serial numbers does not help to identify the two issues, as, for example both issues starts with AA 0 000 001 A.

The Mboweni second issue and the Marcus first issue is the same bar the signatures, while the Marcus second issue first introduced the Mandela series.

Pierre

Hi Pierre thanks for the information. Truly appreciated. Regards

Dan

Jacovdh7    10
Jacovdh7

Hi,

Is the Mandela notes with extra security features considered as Gill Marcus 3rd Issue or is it still 2nd Issue? And if it is 3rd Issue did the serial number start from AA again?