Sign in to follow this  
Cash in the Attic

Captain Hendrick Goosen signed stamps :

Cash in the Attic

Hi Guys

Would this have any value...? The stamps were signed by Professor JLB Smith who identified the fish as a coelacanth on 16 February 1939.

Regards

Cash in the attic

Edited by Cash in the Attic

Jongleur
Hi Guys

Would this have any value...? The stamps were signed by Professor JLB Smith who identified the fish as a coelacanth on 16 February 1939.

Regards

Cash in the attic

Hope they are for your sake, but regardless of value I think they are great. These are the kind of stamps I collect. Interesting intrinsic value.

Cash in the Attic
Hope they are for your sake, but regardless of value I think they are great. These are the kind of stamps I collect. Interesting intrinsic value.

Hi Jongleur

Thank you for the reply.

The only other reference i can find is the following site : The Coelacanth

The stamps were given to a collector by the Professor Himself, i also believe that this was the very first stamp that had the Coelacanth on it. If you had to throw a number out there in terms of value, what do you think..?

Regards

Sam

Jongleur
Hi Jongleur

Thank you for the reply.

The only other reference i can find is the following site : The Coelacanth

The stamps were given to a collector by the Professor Himself, i also believe that this was the very first stamp that had the Coelacanth on it. If you had to throw a number out there in terms of value, what do you think..?

Regards

Sam

I am afraid I have no idea. Where are the stamp traders - Voldermort, Neil ? Don`t keep us waiting now.

voldermort

The stamps with no signature have very little value - with the signature, would be different if it were a well known figure - JLB Smith, if memory serves I sold a signed copy of High Tide a few years back for R250.00 (after having it on BoB for monthes) Not a very well known figure unfortunately & the price reflects this.

Jongleur
The stamps with no signature have very little value - with the signature, would be different if it were a well known figure - JLB Smith, if memory serves I sold a signed copy of High Tide a few years back for R250.00 (after having it on BoB for monthes) Not a very well known figure unfortunately & the price reflects this.

Very interesting story about Coelacanths in the link.

Cash in the Attic

Thank you so much for your replies - Thank you very much Jongleur,Voldermort and ATA - i have also found 3 First Day Covers signed by him.