Sign in to follow this  
Free Soul Styles

Am i allowed to file an SNC on a Buy Now item when the buyer just won an auction?

Free Soul Styles

A buyer buys 2 items on the 19th from buy now, and then later bids on items that closed last night (24th). Once they win they usually wait 5 days before they pay. In all that time i can now file an SNC on the buy now items.

Do i wait, or file the SNC? I know that i can file the SNC as it has been a week to date. I sent out the reminders etc, and still nothing.

This particular buyer has been a little bit of a hassle. Twice i have had to file an SNC before they paid, and 4 times i have had to remind them over and over, till the day before the SNC, to pay. The irritating part is that this buyer is also a seller.

I have people asking to buy in the beginning of the month and pay month end, i have no problem because they at least talk to me!

What do you do if this happens to you?

Just Beachin

File the SNC, stating "terms not me"t, don't get personal, just say "SNC filed to recover sellers fees" under remarks, and when you can block them for heavens sake, you don't need that kind of business, do you?

SADiamondsrus

If they have bought from me before, and paid.... I would keep on reminding them, even call to pay. Things is, business is business, and there are too many types of people out there, some need constant reminders....but if it is successful sale, I don't mind reminding you to pay!

If not successful, like one guy had the nerve to bid, win and not pay, SNC concluded, he bids AGAIN and doesnt pay........sorry dont buy from me then pls, becausing BUYING includes PAYING, ne?

Goodluck! hope they do pay!

Free Soul Styles

It's a difficult situation because as SADiamondsrus said, business is business, but in this case i would rather offer the coins to the runners up or put them back on sale for people who understand the terms and conditions.

After the first 3 times this happened the buyer should be aware by now.They do pay, but more often than not, they pay the day before or the day i can file the SNC. I email, sms etc all the reminders as usual and even the day i can file i send one last email.

Thank you!!

SADiamondsrus

It is a shlep, think it would help if we could list SNC after 3 days lol... For most of us...cash flow is NB, and buyers dont understand we are not Coca cola with millions....to help along sell to other waiting for payment.

In my first business years ago..... my client told me ever so nicely.....if u cant wait for payment, I will take my money elsewhere URGHHHH!!

Little Miss Muffet

Buyers taking their time. Also makes me sick.My terms are 3 days dammit !!

Today is my day to rant !!:sneaky:

Come to edit this to rant some more

I wait a week then send a nice email to my buyers

In future I will send them an email, as soon as they have won the item(like some rude buyers do)telling them my terms are 3 days and I will file an SNC if they do not pay on time.:biggrin: Back soon with more

Edited by geewhizz

Not1CentMore

I send out a winning email notification within 24-hours of auction closing. Reminder sent out day 3 and again day 6 (same is noted in BoB Messages... updated and sent to Buyer). No response on day 7, SNC is filed: "Terms not met. Payment not received. Item re-listed. Payment will NOT be accepted. Any payment made WILL be reverted".

If Buyer will not respond to ANY of the email and the messages sent via BoB Messages, then Buyer has failed in his / her responsibility. A Seller does not file a SNC for non-payment... 'just because'. A Buyer has EARNED the SNC... 'for reason'. The Buyer has also EARNED the less than positive feedback (rating). And, the Buyer has EARNED the 'block'. Actions, and inactions, have consequences.

There are exceptions and I, as with most Sellers, will gladly 'work with' Buyer... around paydays, illness, family emergency, etc., but it all comes down to communication.

Ruthie

Little Miss Muffet

​Goodbuy!!

Free Soul Styles

I agree Not1CentMore. It all comes down to communication. All i want is an email from this person and every sale is the same, i email over and over, and only when i threaten the SNC so i get payment/reply.

Geewhizz as i said, he/she is also a seller and should know better. I'm tired of running after this person. To me, no comms is just rude and bad business practice. If they are waiting for month end, cool, no worries, but have manners and let me know. I think maybe this time i should just cancel, file the SNC and if he/she pays refund them.

Little Miss Muffet

Lately I have been feeling this is just not worth the efford or work anymore.

I doubt I am going to be trading on Bob anymore.

It will only take 1 drop of the hat to get me flying out of here.

voldermort
Lately I have been feeling this is just not worth the efford or work anymore.

I doubt I am going to be trading on Bob anymore.

It will only take 1 drop of the hat to get me flying out of here.

effort not efford :weeabooface:

Not1CentMore

A Seller should know better!

How would / does he / she like being 'yanked' around, without any communication, for 5-, 10-, 20- days after an auction closes? How would / does he / she like, after filing SNC, to either receive 'no response' or 'will pay'... and Buyer never does? Maybe he / she has never 'had a taste of his / her own medicine'. If not, it will happen and the 'too tight' shoe will be on his / her foot. Won't be too comfy 'walking' then.

(Personally, Seller or no, I would file the SNC for non-payment, adding no response to email, payment will not be accepted, any payment made will be reverted, re-list the item(s) and 'get on with the getting on'. Leave FAIR feedback (rating) and block 'em. A Seller doesn't GIVE 'bad press'. A Buyer EARNS it.)

Ruthie

admin
effort not efford :weeabooface:

Grammar nazi :toung::ninja:

voldermort

hahaha well that was only one.....Pammie is on a roll today seeing as she also said goodbuy instead of goodbye :sneaky:

Little Miss Muffet

Sorry meant affart

Little Miss Muffet

How exactly can an SNC come back as "No one at fault" yet this negative rating is not removed

Do Bidorbuy have to taunt me now????

Just Beachin

Gals, it is all how you look at things! I love it when I get good communication with my buyer, that makes it all worth while! Half of my buyers are repeats, and for the few that don't follow up.....we'll "se la vie" (grammar police please check my French):bigsmile: Gratitude is where we should focus!

Little Miss Muffet

Ungrateful buyers are one thing but when I read the negative ratings sellers get when the Post Office is at fault it saddens me that nothing is done about it.

Everytime I pack a parcel I wonder if it will reach it's destination.Perhaps I take my responsibilities too seriously but I am finding the strain too much when buyers hand out negative ratings and no one cares.

Sorry I am gone.Need to find an alternative.

Think about it why should I pay 1000's for ads,run around the Peninsula after stock,clean it,photograph it,edit the photo's, load it,sell it,post it and then get a slap in the face. UGG !! thanks but no thanks