Sign in to follow this  
qball

Removing Listings over the Holiday Season December 2014

qball    10
qball

Hi Sellers

Please remember, if you are going away or taking time off during the holiday season, please remember to remove all your open listings. Leaving them open whilst you are away causes untold problems, with payments, deliveries, communication issues etc. This will save all of us a huge headache in dealing with buyers who complain about non delivery, poor service and poor communication from sellers.

Thank you and have a lovely holiday if you are going on leave.

dominiquesonline    10
dominiquesonline

Is there any way to put your listings on "pause" or something similar? I have over 900 listings and am going to Europe for 3 weeks. The idea of closing and having to reopen every listing is nothing short of torture.

Any suggestions?

Thank you.

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

I have been suggesting a "lights out" switch for years, in hopes that we could dim our stores until we return. The thought of individually inventory-ing and relisting all stock after a short break, is overwhelming! :nuts:

dominiquesonline    10
dominiquesonline

That would be a great idea! I also sell on Etsy, and there we can put our shop on "vacation mode", which is so useful.

I do think BOB is behind hand with small details like this, and needs to get their act together. I cannot seriously remove and realist over 900 items!

I have been suggesting a "lights out" switch for years, in hopes that we could dim our stores until we return. The thought of individually inventory-ing and relisting all stock after a short break, is overwhelming! :nuts:

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore

Or "vacation hold" or something. With SAPO doing their 'thing', time and time and time and... again, I have to delete listings and then re-list. Had over 10k to delete with a quick click. Re-listing isn't a quick click by anyone's definition.

Ruthie

dominiquesonline    10
dominiquesonline

I will try this, but it's honestly one of the worst systems I have heard of, and certainly not user friendly (I don't run Windows, so don't even use Excel). Why can't we just get a simple vacation mode?!

Please use the pick list - simply add your items to it, generate a bulk CSV and then relist.

Add to Pick list - How Does It Work? - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software

SADiamondsrus    10
SADiamondsrus

I find the picklist quite helpful, all I need to do when I re-list is change the date, copy and paste. Simple. Let me know if I can help you?

Just Beachin    10
Just Beachin

I still don't like this Idea, I would rather have a switchable "on Holiday" banner on the top of my listings, so my regulars know I haven't disappeared. P.S. I am always available to talk, whether I am next to my stock or not:bigsmile:

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals
I still don't like this Idea, I would rather have a switchable "on Holiday" banner on the top of my listings, so my regulars know I haven't disappeared. P.S. I am always available to talk, whether I am next to my stock or not:bigsmile:

I agree, I would love to have this function available, I'm also available to contact even though I'm away.

SADiamondsrus    10
SADiamondsrus

Yes it would be nice.... What I do is....in shipping info I do state when I am away, and when parcels will be posted....this is for my always on listings..

qball    10
qball
I will try this, but it's honestly one of the worst systems I have heard of, and certainly not user friendly (I don't run Windows, so don't even use Excel). Why can't we just get a simple vacation mode?!

Unfortunately it's not simple, that's the problem. You will have to use the picklist for now.

dominiquesonline    10
dominiquesonline

Other sites all manage just fine with setting up a vacation mode - you might want to consider hiring new programmers.

As is clear from the above comments, this is something a lot of sellers would love. However, I am sure the whole thing will be simply be ignored, as all other suggestions for improvement on this forum are.

Unfortunately it's not simple, that's the problem. You will have to use the picklist for now.

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

For me it's a case of closing and relisting 3000 items, or just not going on holiday.

Let's just say I have not taken leave since I've been on BoB!

(I've always worked a business trip around public holidays or weekends so the longest I'm away from the shop is 3 to 4 days tops)

qball    10
qball
Other sites all manage just fine with setting up a vacation mode - you might want to consider hiring new programmers.

As is clear from the above comments, this is something a lot of sellers would love. However, I am sure the whole thing will be simply be ignored, as all other suggestions for improvement on this forum are.

With all due respoect, we are not other sites. If you do actually take the time to check, many suggestions have been implemented, this can be confirmed by many forum users. Unfortunately we are no where near the size of "Etsy", so we have a small team right now, which is growing as we add more and more developers, unfortunately we cannot and do not cater for everyone's needs or wants, it simply is not possible. Whilst what you are asking is not impossible, we have a development schedule a mile long, each item has a priority attached to it, we can't simply keep chopping and changing the list every time someone suggests something. So you will have to be patient and use the picklist as advised. Thank you

voldermort    10
voldermort
Please use the pick list - simply add your items to it, generate a bulk CSV and then relist.

Add to Pick list - How Does It Work? - Powered by Kayako Help Desk Software

With over 10 000+ open items I would be far too terrified to close them all & then have the pick list csv thingy laugh in my face.....and it is true, I have never used the pick list & have absolutely no idea what it is there for (& wouldnt want to found out with such an amount of items)

dominiquesonline    10
dominiquesonline

I am going to try the picklist system. One question: how long will my items stay in the picklist for? In other words, if I add all my items to the picklist and then delete the listings for my 4 week holiday, will they still be on the picklist when I return?

I don't want to loose all that work!

With all due respoect, we are not other sites. If you do actually take the time to check, many suggestions have been implemented, this can be confirmed by many forum users. Unfortunately we are no where near the size of "Etsy", so we have a small team right now, which is growing as we add more and more developers, unfortunately we cannot and do not cater for everyone's needs or wants, it simply is not possible. Whilst what you are asking is not impossible, we have a development schedule a mile long, each item has a priority attached to it, we can't simply keep chopping and changing the list every time someone suggests something. So you will have to be patient and use the picklist as advised. Thank you

dominiquesonline    10
dominiquesonline

Can anyone answer my question please? How long will a listing remain on your pick list?

I am going to try the picklist system. One question: how long will my items stay in the picklist for? In other words, if I add all my items to the picklist and then delete the listings for my 4 week holiday, will they still be on the picklist when I return?

I don't want to loose all that work!

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi, I don't suggest you leave them on your picklist as this depends on your browser, rather once you have your items on your picklist, download them in csv format, you can do 100 items at a time, then when you get back, you just change the dates on the csv file and upload again.

dominiquesonline    10
dominiquesonline

I have tried several times, but the bulkoad csv system is not supported by my browser and does not work (I run Linux).

Can anyone PLEASE tell me how long items remain on the picklist? Admin - can't you answer this? I have asked three times now. Please help. I do not want to loose my 900+ listings.

Hi, I don't suggest you leave them on your picklist as this depends on your browser, rather once you have your items on your picklist, download them in csv format, you can do 100 items at a time, then when you get back, you just change the dates on the csv file and upload again.

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore
Can anyone PLEASE tell me how long items remain on the picklist? Please help. I do not want to loose my 900+ listings.

I have found if I use the picklist and shut down the computer overnight, they are no longer on the picklist. The only way this whole close and re-list thing works for me is to: close all listing (one little click of a button and 'poof', all gone) and then go to closed listings and add to picklist those that I want to re-list and then re-list them... a hundred at a time. (Haven't the foggiest how to use csv and this 'old dog' is not up to 'learning new tricks'... not even sure it would be possible what with the 'backgrounds' I use.)

(sigh) Hopefully, some day BoB will implement a 'vacation hold' or some such option where listings are simply 'unavailable' for viewing and bidding while on vacation or when SAPO decides to strike again. This one-at-a-time re-listing 10k plus auctions is a real pain in the tush. And to have to do it every time SAPO goes on an extended 'play day', the pain in the tush becomes ROYAL.

Ruthie

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles

May i suggest to the BoB team that they invite sellers over for a Saturday or Sunday and give us a lesson on the pick list thing? I went to the buying seminar before i started here, but it did not explain the pick list. I'm also a little nervous about using it.

I mean selling seminar...

Edited by Free Soul Styles

qball    10
qball

We host regular selling seminars during the year - please check here for upcoming dates (there won't be one in December) - Selling Seminar

qball    10
qball

The pick list is cookie based, so if you clear your cookies regularly, all the items will be removed from the pick list. Therefore it is advisable to download the list into a CSV (Open Office works for this too).

dominiquesonline    10
dominiquesonline

Thanks for all the answers!

I did try OpenOffice and it just gave errors when I uploaded the form. I'll try again!

The pick list is cookie based, so if you clear your cookies regularly, all the items will be removed from the pick list. Therefore it is advisable to download the list into a CSV (Open Office works for this too).