ilda63    10
ilda63

TOWER STAR (4243 Order 8024798 ......waiting for my parcel for -+2 month

corga 46.....order 8024420 still waiting for my parcel -+ 2 moth

qball    11
qball

We have received your tickets and will be responding and assisting you shortly - please note, many parcels and deliveries have been affected by the strike, over which we have no control, nor can we do anything until the strike is completely over. You will need to be patient I'm afraid.

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

I know that parcels to Pretoria & some areas of Johannesburg have been very slowin getting through. I had a parcel to Pretoria that took just over 2 months to reach the buyer, however I have some still MIA to Johannesburg Area and those are also heading for 2months. Have you managed to track your parcel to see where it is? Sometimes it waitsat your PO and they say they have notified you but haven't acually done so.

moodTime    10
moodTime

I was speaking to one of the business managers at the SA Post Office in Durban today as there is many parcels last scanned at Durban and then not scanned again, I was beginning to worry. Apparently the situation was and is still so bad in JHB that alot of the parcels posted late August and September were last scanned out of Durban Hub (for that matter any HUB going to JHB) packed in postage bags and sent to JHB where they have been stored in alternative storage facilities. Only once these bags are opened and scanned into JHB i.e WITPOS HUB will the status then update. Problem with this is many buyers are suspicious when they read that there is no strike in DBN/CPT but the parcel was last scanned there a month or 2 ago not realising it is actually in JHB in storage waiting to be scanned in, and as for JHB INT MAIL Center the backlogs are immense - WHAT A MESS :sad:

EcigSmokeOnline    10
EcigSmokeOnline
I was speaking to one of the business managers at the SA Post Office in Durban today as there is many parcels last scanned at Durban and then not scanned again, I was beginning to worry. Apparently the situation was and is still so bad in JHB that alot of the parcels posted late August and September were last scanned out of Durban Hub (for that matter any HUB going to JHB) packed in postage bags and sent to JHB where they have been stored in alternative storage facilities. Only once these bags are opened and scanned into JHB i.e WITPOS HUB will the status then update. Problem with this is many buyers are suspicious when they read that there is no strike in DBN/CPT but the parcel was last scanned there a month or 2 ago not realising it is actually in JHB in storage waiting to be scanned in, and as for JHB INT MAIL Center the backlogs are immense - WHAT A MESS :sad:

Yeah..I am so glad I have deleted SAPO as shipping method, my sales has dropped a little due to doing so but has picked up again. I suspect SAPO's mess will not be sorted in the short term rather long term.:colbert:

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

That explains so much, I have been getting really worried about this.

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles

I will not deal with the SA Post Office any more. Here's a few happy images:

International Depo

international-post-office-south-africa.jpg.c35ddbd9195c10d2982baaf0b2aa26f4.jpg

Random Post Office

Poskantoor-1-Medium.jpg.b6cb886700cdb90c0df9632ea35c5b72.jpg

Benoni Post Office

Poskantoor-3-Medium.jpg.2bd4b145f8a029b385ea9d2ea9552953.jpg

Another random Post Office

post-12678-0-55577300-1410350397.jpg.400ff6f71f46819be016225f08969ede.jpg

Timeless Board Games    10
Timeless Board Games

We have removed all Post Office options as well and this will be permanent.

The courier is doing a fine job.

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

South African Post Office

1 hr ·

Negotiations in the Leadership Forum have started to show results and two of the labour unions, Depacu and Sapwu, have come to an agreement with the Post Office about ending the strike.

The agreement is based on a company proposal tabled at the Leadership Forum for consideration by all three unions. CWU did not attend the meetings and has asked instead for the convening of the bargaining chamber to see if a final settlement can be reached.

Operations are running again and today 803 people have not returned to work.

YiaYia1    10
YiaYia1
We have removed all Post Office options as well and this will be permanent.

The courier is doing a fine job.

It is not so good for me to hear about the SAPO option not available from Sellers. It is not possible for me to buy from this sellers. Live on a farm 10 km from a small town. Courier Services don't want to travel out on this road. My closest town where I can use Courier services is 55km away. Wonder if this sellers will offer a collection service

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels
It is not so good for me to hear about the SAPO option not available from Sellers. It is not possible for me to buy from this sellers. Live on a farm 10 km from a small town. Courier Services don't want to travel out on this road. My closest town where I can use Courier services is 55km away. Wonder if this sellers will offer a collection service

I totally agree YiaYia. Post office is still the best option if they are fully functional.

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles

Post Office, when in full function, is amazing.

However, thanks to the strike, i personally have no more faith in them at all. I'm worried that they might go on strike again, or that disgruntled employees might get the urge to burn and destroy parcels (again). With the current backlog i don't see parcels going very far till that's sorted out. None of the branches by me are willingly accepting parcels still. The one branch hasn't received anything for 3 weeks.

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

I agree with you all, PO is still best & most cost effecient option...when it works. I also live in the sticks so I have to drive to a PO or to a Courier, luckily there is an Aramex dropbox at the Caltex on the highway about 12km from me so I can use that. That is all fine to send but it limits me buying anything though ! I agree Free Soul ! I have also lost faith in SAPO and am very hesitant to use them. I still have it on offer but advise against it, however have posted to areas less affected and all has been ok so far. Really frustrating from both Seller & Buyers point of views.

Artlore    10
Artlore

When I look at those 4 pics of the mail scattered everywhere, :cry: I can only say "What a disgrace". But then I have being saying that repeatedly for years because EVERYTHING is a mess.

Edited by Artlore
words left out by mistake