Sign in to follow this  
thibellopercy01

Abusive rating by CaptainCourageous

MiemsJewels

Please define "and what's her face" Peakeykearns

Edited by MiemsJewels

Vinyl Lady Decals
Please define "and what's her face" Peakeykearns

I gather that's meant to be aimed at me.

First of all, I don't gang up on buyers, that is a childish remark to make. I expect buyers to READ the entire listing.

Buyers should read the entire listing, including shipping.

It is incredibly frustrating when buyers don't read and then come with stories afterwards.

Secondly, if there is a query, try contacting the seller, there is email and telephone numbers.

The buyer didn't do either of these, just gave a negative. This behaviour is what I call unreasonable.

We are all adults, or supposed to be, so act like adults, not like children. it is very convenient to always blame the seller, but forget the buyer's lack of action.

Jongleur

This thread concerns communication with a buyer. Not insufficient communication, but none after 12 days. The buyer then gets castigated because she uses the rating system available to her which she has interpreted correctly. And then she gets attacked in bold and colourful capital letters because she should know that SAPO is on strike. And of course, in general, the stupid buyers dont / cant read, listen to the news or watch television. These morons make life unbearable to the sellers who occupy their well deserved moral high ground. After all, their listings show top quality items in perfect condition, with excellent images, at unbeatable prices.The terms and conditions are so detailed that even a baboon cannot misinterpret the listing. Shipping costs are spot - on with unbeatable pricing. Packaging is world class. All this but these stupid buyers insist on complaining and, can you believe it, have the temerity to hand out negative ratings and report them to BOB. And of course these same morons know they are duty bound to contact the seller - which part of this dont they understand. We have the buyers money - at least the suckers have paid.

Must be hell in the tropics.

MiemsJewels

Did the seller gave his/her side of the story yet?

The Seller had some kind of communication with the buyer.

Comment:

Received negative rating after notifying you of postal strike and recommending courier delivery.

Edited by MiemsJewels

Vinyl Lady Decals

I dunno, but this is getting ridiculous now, the personal insults are uncalled for.

No-one said anyone in stupid, well I didn't - haven't reread the thread yet. all I said is READ, it seems that is too much to ask. After all the internet is primarily a reading and seeing tool, if people can't take the time to read, then they shouldn't be buying online for the simple reason that the seller goes to the trouble of putting the info out there for the buyers to know, but then they don't bother to read.

The buyer did not say anything about contacting the seller before the negative was given, but the seller is blamed after the relevant info was available all along. Communication is a two-way street, if one wants to know something, ask, its that simple. Don't go running to the negative button because its convenient.

I have no problem with buyers in general, I have a great relationship with my buyers and I keep them up to date all the way through the process. But occasionally, there is that one buyer who is unreasonable, simply because they didn't read the info that was available on the listing for them all along. If the buyer had read the listing properly, they wouldn't still be wondering about certain information, and if they are, contact the seller.

Surely this can't be too much to ask.

As far as I recall, somewhere, I can't remember where, it states that if a buyer has a problem, they should contact the seller first before a negative rating is given. Communication, I have always said, solves a multitude of problems.

Edited by Vinyl Lady Decals
addition

Jongleur

Defending a buyer is not ridiculous. What is ridiculous is taking the post as personal and insulting when it is a wide generalisation when it comes to how buyers can be treated. Perhaps you have been too sensitive to the "whats her face" comment although I have no idea who the comment was directed at. Perhaps I am also over sensitive to how buyers behave at times although I have never given a seller a negative rating when, believe me, they deserve far worse. I prefer to phone them in the middle of the night and sweetly apologise for waking them up but may I ask where my item is ? You will not believe the responses I have had - the most puerile excuses imaginable. I commiserate with them and tell them that I too have had exactly the same problem before (just last week my poor cockatiel fell off his perch and died) but please tell me when my courier can collect. And please dont bother with the postage I have already paid - you may keep it - after all what is R100.00 between friends. I will take it on the nose if I am at fault (and I have been, often) but I will never allow a seller to tell me that while I have got it all wrong they deemed it fit not to contact me. That is inexcusable.

MiemsJewels

Jongleur have you ever been a SELLER on Bidorbuy? Have you ever put yourself in the seller's shoes? Do you know what sellers have to deal with?

Edited by MiemsJewels

Vinyl Lady Decals
Jongleur have you ever been a SELLER on Bidorbuy? Have you ever put yourself in the seller's shoes? Do you know what sellers have to deal with?

Good question!

Jongleur

Hi Miems. Vertrou dit gaan goed met U.

No ma`am. I have never sold on BOB. I buy on BOB to feed my hobbies and interests. Occasionally I buy to feed other peoples interests like my staff and family.

I do however sell on other platforms nationwide and beyond our borders through direct sales and through intermediaries. Our businesses are represented in all the provinces through employees and agents. No matter what comes our way we always look to ourselves. The customer is always right. What we can correct we correct immediately. No customer is ever wrong. Those employees / agents who could not live with our philosophy live a different philosophy elsewhere. I always say that we can achieve anything we want to but we must have good manners in all our dealings and with each other. This is a basic tenet which instills discipline and conscientiousness. It also prevents us from adopting a smug approach and it ensures continuous improvement.

I do take a lighthearted approach on this forum and what I say is intended to be taken in good spirit. I seldom get involved in buyer / seller spats. I have enough battles in my life that I can win without provoking more battles. Occasionally I defend a position of my own or someone else`s. If I take flak for it so be it. Perhaps I will become a seller on Bob and if I do I will attempt to create wonderful listings and offer an incomparable service and in doing so join the ranks of outstanding sellers on Bob.

Jongleur

@ Vinyl Lady Decals: I trust Sir or Madam, that my response to MiemsJewels answers any questions you may have had. If, however, I have neglected to answer any questions you may have had please accept my apologies and feel free to ask me.

voldermort

This debate seems to be getting heated however I still stand by what I said - every buyer needs some form of communication & especially now, during this PO strike, I sometimes feel I am been a royal pain in the butt by sending my weekly message of "Post Office still on strike" (especially when I'm quite aware most people do know this so it just helps to make me look slightly insane) to those buyers whose items still require posting but I would rather be viewed as a pain in the butt than a dodge seller. And yes, there are a lot of new buyers with no ratings who have joined & bought from me during this strike, they especially need to be kept informed of what is happening...so too the overseas buyers. I remember the very first item I bought on BoB, from somebody who decided absolutely no communication at all was the way to go (seriously, from the moment I bought until the moment I received item I heard not a word from them) & that simply was not on. Which makes me believe treat others as you would like to be treated. Yes, sellers do put up with a lot of bs a lot of the time, but in instances such as these (PO strike) where we can actually keep the buyers informed & as happy as we can, we really should.

mrmouse
This debate seems to be getting heated however I still stand by what I said - every buyer needs some form of communication & especially now, during this PO strike, I sometimes feel I am been a royal pain in the butt by sending my weekly message of "Post Office still on strike" (especially when I'm quite aware most people do know this so it just helps to make me look slightly insane) to those buyers whose items still require posting but I would rather be viewed as a pain in the butt than a dodge seller. And yes, there are a lot of new buyers with no ratings who have joined & bought from me during this strike, they especially need to be kept informed of what is happening...so too the overseas buyers. I remember the very first item I bought on BoB, from somebody who decided absolutely no communication at all was the way to go (seriously, from the moment I bought until the moment I received item I heard not a word from them) & that simply was not on. Which makes me believe treat others as you would like to be treated. Yes, sellers do put up with a lot of bs a lot of the time, but in instances such as these (PO strike) where we can actually keep the buyers informed & as happy as we can, we really should.

Agree with you 100 %.

JANDS

Jirre man. Some okes and chicks around here need a sense of humour. O ja, and the ability to read what is actually being said. :amuse: