Sign in to follow this  
thibellopercy01

Abusive rating by CaptainCourageous

thibellopercy01    10
thibellopercy01

According to the BOB rating system "Buyers should rate sellers based on seller service, communication, delivery and product quality." Since i received no communication from the seller (after 12 days) and could get other sellers to deliver my things and not blame the strike, i took the liberty to rate CaptainCourageous negative as no communication was given according to the rating system. He/she became offended and abused his rating ability from positive they initially gave to negative. On which ground is this done as BOB rating system states that "Sellers should rate buyers depending on promptness of payment, communication". What a crappy service!!!

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

Such a pity buyers give NEGATIVE ratings to sellers because of the postal strike. I rather find the BUYER at fault here. The rating given to the SELLER is abusive, not the other way around!

Kangmei Slimming Capsules Lose Weight NOW!!!

Comment:

Disappointing, 12 days passed and no communication from you regarding the parcel.

Response:

(07 Nov 2014)

Please remove the negative rating as you paid for normal SAPO shipping and as said in shipping options they are on strike and parcels wont be sent til

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

I agree, the whole country knows there's a postal strike, how unreasonable can people get?

YiaYia1    10
YiaYia1
I agree, the whole country knows there's a postal strike, how unreasonable can people get?

Maybe some people don't read or listen to what is happening in our country

Not1CentMore    10
Not1CentMore
Such a pity buyers give NEGATIVE ratings to sellers because of the postal strike....

Seller was quite clear with respect to his shipping policies (under 'Shipping & Payment' tab):

"SAPO SHIPPING IS UNAVAILABLE DUE TO STRIKE AND WILL ONLY BE AVAILABLE AGAIN AFTER THE STRIKE"

and

"Normal Shipping (Anywhere in SA) !!! (CURRENTLY ON STRIKE,PARCEL WILL BE SENT AFTER STRIKE)!!!"

Buyer had options: 'hold his britches' until after strike for parcel to ship or pay to have his parcel sent via courier.

I am 'thinking' if Buyer wants his parcel rather sooner than later, Buyer can contact Seller, request courier service, remit difference owing between SAPO and courier and Seller would gladly ship parcel within a few days.

Ruthie

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

The Negative were removed. Thanks.

Edited by MiemsJewels

thibellopercy01    10
thibellopercy01

I respect all your comments, point here is the same day i bought this i also bought it from TOWER STAR and they did not have any problem with post office and even if they did they kept communication with me. I knew exactly what was happening. My problem here is not about me getting the parcel MiemsJewels, point here is COMMUNICATION with the seller. ya'll are attacking buyers instead of talking to them in a modest way. Respect is earned not demanded. i am so disappointing especially coming from you MiemsJewels because i have bought from you and never experience any problems or gave you grief.

EcigSmokeOnline    10
EcigSmokeOnline

I do understand your point of no communication due to some sellers are grossly bad in that area , however coming to SAPO strike the whole country knows and follows the latest news due to the strike. What would you'd like the seller to say when communicating with you when you know that SAPO is still on strike, do you want him to say " SAPO still on strike" when you are informed about the situation via Television, Radio, Newspaper, Cellphone, Internet and Bid or Buy?? Or are you really ignorant enough not to know about it, or do you just plainly want to proof the point that you are in control and have the last say. Did you not see the flashing banner when logging into BidorBuy that say's in RED....POSTAL STRIKE IS ON. ALTERNATIVE SHIPPING METHODS ARE RECOMMENDED.

I will also gather myself with the seller due to the fact that I have send parcels when the strike was ongoing and some clients waited 2 months and they did not complain, I did notify them the moment I received the order and not again afterwards . One rated me neutral due to the strike but yeah:confused:...all the other's still rated me positive because they made them selves AWARE of what's going on in the world.

If you received your parcel from one seller and not the other you can consider yourself very lucky if they've send it during the strike, check TOWER STAR'S NEUTRAL ratings and you will see some clients has also complained about the same things like communication, SAPO etc.

The main thing here is that clients take their frustrations out on the wrong people, SAPO is at fault in this case not the person you bought the item from because once SAPO accepted the parcel the seller can do absolutely nothing except hope and pray like most of us do that the parcel get to it's destination all intact and in good time . You had the opportunity to make use of a courier service instead for R40-R50 extra, you won the item for R1 and yet you complain. That's one of the reasons I don't like to list R1 auctions. Selling cheap=Cheap ratings and that's a fact on BidorBuy.

And I don't think anybody's attacking you, they are just as frustrated when clients choose SAPO and when something goes wrong with the parcel due to strikes, damaged, stolen etc clients will take it out on them AND yet they will demand respect??

Edited by EcigSmokeOnline

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

Thank you EcigSmokeOnline.

Jongleur    10
Jongleur

@thibellopercy01 :In your first post you made it clear that what annoyed you was no communication from the seller. And you are quite correct. Sellers who take the time to thank you for your purchase, payment and follow up are a pleasure to do business with - no matter what the circumstances. Far too many sellers expect that until Sapo get their act together the stupid buyers who actually bought items during the strike must be left to their own devices.

Edited by Jongleur

EcigSmokeOnline    10
EcigSmokeOnline
In your first post you made it clear that what annoyed you was no communication from the seller. And you you are quite correct. Sellers who take the time to thank you for your purchase, payment and follow up are a pleasure to do business with - no matter what the circumstances. Far too many sellers expect that until Sapo get their act together the stupid buyers who actually bought items during the strike must be left to their own devices.

That might be the case with some sellers, but tell me what do you expect the seller to communicate like in the latest strike at SAPO? Do you actually want them to send a message everyday for 2-3 months to say " Sorry SAPO is still striking" when everybody knows that they are on strike? There were no way of tracking parcels so there were no way to locate where a parcel is at any given moment, phoning the help line at SAPO was like trying to phone to Mars...no answer.

Please....and I don't think everybody think of a client as stupid.

Easy to point fingers when you haven't walked an inch in somebody else's shoes.

voldermort    10
voldermort
In your first post you made it clear that what annoyed you was no communication from the seller. And you you are quite correct. Sellers who take the time to thank you for your purchase, payment and follow up are a pleasure to do business with - no matter what the circumstances. Far too many sellers expect that until Sapo get their act together the stupid buyers who actually bought items during the strike must be left to their own devices.

Quite true sangomie......when somebody buys an item & pays, I promptly thank them for buying/payment etc etc & with the strike as it is, even though most of SA does know about the strike - I still feel that seeing as I am sitting, in some instances with both their item (waiting for strike to finish before posting as some buyers ask) & their money - a weekly update emailed to them is the very least I can do. Also most overseas buyers, unless they are regular BoB buyers, have no clue about the strike at all & deserve to be kept updated.

Remember, a happy customer is a repeat customer.

Jongleur    10
Jongleur

@EcigSmokeOnline: Congratulations - you got it wrong - again. The post refers to NO COMMUNICATION.

"Easy to point fingers" - what crap is this ?

Edited by Jongleur

Jongleur    10
Jongleur

@Voldermort: Hi Sam. Precisely ma`am. How you been ?

Edited by Jongleur

voldermort    10
voldermort

Almost had to do battle with a Cape Cobra on the beach the other day, apart from which, as can be seen from this little message, it's all good. You too, obviously survived the tornado clouds that swept your part of our fair land?

EcigSmokeOnline    10
EcigSmokeOnline
Congratulations - you got it wrong - again. The post refers to NO COMMUNICATION.

"Easy to point fingers" - what crap is this ?

Did I ? Don't think so.

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
Almost had to do battle with a Cape Cobra on the beach the other day, apart from which, as can be seen from this little message, it's all good. You too, obviously survived the tornado clouds that swept your part of our fair land?

I take it the cobra knew who it was dealing with. Wise cobra.

The wind - eish.

voldermort    10
voldermort
I take it the cobra knew who it was dealing with. Wise cobra.

The wind - eish.

Hahaha I gave him the bad eye......the wind is horrendous, blowing constantly the last few days - but you do know once it dies down, we shall boil.

Jongleur    10
Jongleur
Did I ? Don't think so.

Dont think.

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles

I can understand thibellopercy01 wanting SOME type of communication from the seller. It does cause some concern. Did the seller see the order and payment? Has the seller forgotten? Was there an error in the sale or product? Is the seller alive? I think some sort of communication on the sellers part is necessary, mainly to show that we have noticed the buyers order/payment etc. Jongleur is right, many sellers just "forget" about parcels that are stuck in the middle of some random hub and they don't or won't even bother a simple email to let the buyer know that they are aware.

EcigSmokeOnline    10
EcigSmokeOnline
Dont think.

:cheesy:

MiemsJewels    10
MiemsJewels

Why not invite the seller to the forum so we can hear his/her side of the story?

Not so easy to track 300 parcels and report back to the buyers every few days. Jongleur. Especially not with the Post Office tracking systems.

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

I use these guys:

Track My Parcel.co.za - Track your SAPO Parcel, Speed Services, DHL, RAM and all Major Couriers from SA and Abroad @ TrackMyParcel.co.za

They have a handy tool that allows you to load the tracking numbers onto their system and I use the order numbers as the "friendly reference". They send me an email every time the tracking number moves. I then update the buyer when the parcel moves, so there's less work involved for the seller.

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

NO communication is not on, strike or no strike, it is the sellers "duty" to keep the buyer informed. With the l-o-n-g ongoing strike the occassional update as to the strike etc makes the buyer feel they are important and that the seller is still concerned & interested. All my parcels that ended up in the system were checked on regularly & I sent messages to buyers informing them of any developments. It is shortsighted to think that EVERYONE knows about the strike etc. We as sellers know about the strike but some buyers are truely under the impression it had ended. Try chatting to random people in your everyday surroundings and you will be shocked to hear people "out there" think the strike is over, especially if you live in an area that has a PO that is open. Bottomline is the seller should communicate with the buyer to put them at ease.

Peakeykearns52    10
Peakeykearns52

Adding a 5cent contributes to Growth

Did I ? Don't think so.

Can't believe you and what's her face actually attempted to stand for down right slack service by ganging up on the buyer.

SHAME ON YOU ! Will be sure to avoid these two like theee plague..