Sign in to follow this  
reeceonlinetrading

can somebody recommend a cheap courier

reeceonlinetrading    10
reeceonlinetrading

im sending mostly flyers between 1 and 2kg or lighter to main centres in sa, the courier im using are charging levies and fuel surcharge etc etc and its getting expensive, although they are fast but buyes on BOB want quick service but cheap rates please reommend a good cheap courier with overnight and or 24-48 hour delivery

many thanks

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

The Courier Guy is the best I've found so far, major centres are around R55 excl Vat. Excellent service and good prices.

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

Heard about Courier Guy but depends on where you live if you get any feedback from them....have sent numerous emails with a reply from the CPT office after a few weeks but still no local contact details so doesn't help me much coz I can't drive over 400km to the courier to drop off ! It does still look like the best option if you look at their rates and the prepaid thing means there shouldn't be any other levies if I read correctly. The regional costs are R115 so then Aramex drop box is cheaper for those, at R99.

reeceonlinetrading    10
reeceonlinetrading

thanks guys, fast way was also recommended, did you use them how are their rates

Seeds for Africa    10
Seeds for Africa
thanks guys, fast way was also recommended, did you use them how are their rates

My experience is that Fastway are cheap but you get what you pay for - cheap service. Anyone thinking about making use of Fastway should just take a look at the reports about them on Hello peter - Fastway Couriers (South Africa) | Complaints & Compliments

reeceonlinetrading    10
reeceonlinetrading

wow lots of complaints, will be good to hear from sellers on BOB seen quiet a few still using fast way

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles

I use The Courier Guy as well. Never had an issue. Stay away from Fastway, time and again they have proven to me personally that they are not up to scratch. I hear Aramex is also very good. I've come to realize that emails don't always work. Try phoning them (The Courier Guy) up directly. Head office: 010 222 2300 or speak to Riana Van Niekerk - 010 222 2321 (customer services).

reeceonlinetrading    10
reeceonlinetrading
I use The Courier Guy as well. Never had an issue. Stay away from Fastway, time and again they have proven to me personally that they are not up to scratch. I hear Aramex is also very good. I've come to realize that emails don't always work. Try phoning them (The Courier Guy) up directly. Head office: 010 222 2300 or speak to Riana Van Niekerk - 010 222 2321 (customer services).

Thank you free soul

Pickle Bearies    10
Pickle Bearies

"The courier guy" is tops!!! The website is easy to manage , they have a pre paid system that works great and the parcel tracking system is wonderful!

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

Had several large parcels (15kg) to send overnight last week and did some phoning around, the one company that came out far lower with their quote & far better with their willingness to accommodate & assist was RAM Couriers. The Shipment I was sending would have cost between R3400 and over R4000 with different couriers was under R3000 with RAM ! Service GREAT,, professional and helpful !

MacMuffin    0
MacMuffin

Hi guys,

we have a few sellers using ParcelNinja (ParcelNinja - Cloud-based Smart Warehousing & Delivery for everyone / Behind the scenes look at how online shopping works) and service is good (the difference being is that they will pick, pack and ship for you - so you do not have to worry about holding stock).

This goes as far as if you have your own website, you might consider our sister-company UAfrica (302 Found) which provides a Shopify platform with direct bidorbuy integration and the usage of ParcelNinja.

bellemodel    10
bellemodel
im sending mostly flyers between 1 and 2kg or lighter to main centres in sa, the courier im using are charging levies and fuel surcharge etc etc and its getting expensive, although they are fast but buyes on BOB want quick service but cheap rates please reommend a good cheap courier with overnight and or 24-48 hour delivery

many thanks

I used Fastway a few times without hassels. Sales rep in Pretoria, Lydia.conley@fastway.co.za , is friendly and helpful.

qball    11
qball

Hi Guys

We have also managed to negotiate better rates with MDS Collivery - anyone interested can contact them, ask for Sharon Wedderburn, or email her on sharon@collivery.co.za or 071 604 0000. They will offer bidorbuy customers a 25% discount on rates. You must mention that you are a bidorbuy seller.

Seller would need to follow the link below to sign up and Register here: Register

www.collivery.co.za

Please add BB before your name details - this will ensure that you receive the appropriate discount from collivery.

Once you have signed up, you can contact Sharon Wedderburn for further information and quotes.

Edited by qball
Added info

EcigSmokeOnline    10
EcigSmokeOnline
Hi Guys

We have also managed to negotiate better rates with MDS Collivery - anyone interested can contact them, ask for Sharon Wedderburn, or email her on sharon@collivery.co.za or 071 604 0000. They will offer bidorbuy customers a 25% discount on rates. You must mention that you are a bidorbuy seller.

Thanks qball, seems okay for major centres but regional areas are a bit pricy.

HOBBYLAND    10
HOBBYLAND

Mds ????

I was going to recommend MDS until one of my parcels was tampered with recently, contents partly stolen and resealed with MDS tape. They are on the ball, decent rates too

Waiting to see solution from them

Hi Guys

Seller would need to follow the link below to sign up and Register here: Register

www.collivery.co.za

Please add BB before your name details - this will ensure that you receive the appropriate discount from collivery.

Once you have signed up, you can contact Sharon Wedderburn for further information and quotes.

Bloemgroup    10
Bloemgroup
Hi Guys

www.collivery.co.za

thanks, I will try...