Sign in to follow this  
ATA STAMP CENTRE

Absa online banking is pathetic!!!

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Been ongoing for a few weeks now

SUrely they can sort this out.its ridiculous absolutely ridiculous.

neil

admin

I made a couple of EFT payments last week without any problems?

ATA STAMP CENTRE
I made a couple of EFT payments last week without any problems?

YES i do all the time as well,but last month end could not connect for quite a while and last night could not connect at all and stil this morning cannot connect

HAve cleared browser etc but has anyone else got this problem since last night?

neil

ATA STAMP CENTRE

Just checked in with absa,at 6.10 they at least have technical assistance and YES they have problems,

This also happened last month end and frequently now so they need to resolve this

neil

mrmouse
Just checked in with absa,at 6.10 they at least have technical assistance and YES they have problems,

This also happened last month end and frequently now so they need to resolve this

neil

If you are using ADSL try reboot youre modem , but leave it off for a few minutes, youre tier that youre on may be corrupt .if using Firefox go over to Torch browser ,it works with all banks security , Firefox has issues with some securitys inbetween bank updates, ABSA is extremly strict on security protocols and some browsers,dont like it , I use it every day and have no bad issues except the new ABSA app wont allow rooted machines anymore .if using explorer ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,cant help.Sometimes the issues are because they have upgraded security and not all the browsers are compatible yet , If you are still using WinXP definately go over to Torch or Chrome ( I personally dont like chrome its does to much )

Edited by mrmouse

alloway65

End of the month with ABSA on-line is always a problem. Most of the qualified staff who designed the ABSA on-line systems have been retired or retrenched so there is basically no one that can work on their systems properly. Another BEE factor we have to live with.

EcigSmokeOnline

neil

Change if your not happy, not going to help to try solve it on the forum. Best is go see them, or phone them.

EcigSmokeOnline
End of the month with ABSA on-line is always a problem. Most of the qualified staff who designed the ABSA on-line systems have been retired or retrenched so there is basically no one that can work on their systems properly. Another BEE factor we have to live with.

Typical South Africa nowadays.

voldermort
Change if your not happy, not going to help to try solve it on the forum. Best is go see them, or phone them.

The forum is, & always was, a place for members not only to talk rubbish but to rant as well - it is incidental that in most cases you do actually get help here on the forum from other members....so if Neil is complaining about Absa been offline, finding out that other members are experiencing the same thing is a help.

EcigSmokeOnline
The forum is, & always was, a place for members not only to talk rubbish but to rant as well - it is incidental that in most cases you do actually get help here on the forum from other members....so if Neil is complaining about Absa been offline, finding out that other members are experiencing the same thing is a help.

I did not intend to offend him in anyway. I am of opinion that he won't get the help he need from the forum as it is technical problems with Absa itself. So, my answer to him is to change banks and that will sort his problem as he did mention"Been ongoing for a few weeks now

SUrely they can sort this out.its ridiculous absolutely ridiculous."

Also I am aware what the forum is about, and I think he can speak for himself.

Edited by EcigSmokeOnline

voldermort

Also I am aware what the forum is about, and I think he can speak for himself.

Quite sure he can & will - however I got here first.

ATA STAMP CENTRE

HAHA,brilliant response,you pretty sharp.

Yes i ranted on monday evening becuase i was hoping someone would confirm they could not log in as well,but no such luck.

I did contact them next morning and YES they were offline and it was corrected about 10am tuesday

As for changing banks,??it not something done so easily,after being with absa for 30 years and having a whole portfolio and private banker that u have a relationship with etc,

BUt Sam love your answer:)

neil

EcigSmokeOnline
HAHA,brilliant response,you pretty sharp.

Yes i ranted on monday evening becuase i was hoping someone would confirm they could not log in as well,but no such luck.

I did contact them next morning and YES they were offline and it was corrected about 10am tuesday

As for changing banks,??it not something done so easily,after being with absa for 30 years and having a whole portfolio and private banker that u have a relationship with etc,

BUt Sam love your answer:)

neil

Yeah yeah..you 2 can stop sending kisses to each other... I do understand that it's usually not a decision to be taken lightly, I was with ABSA for quite some time, from before they became ABSA. I was with Volkskas in those days, and think they become ABSA round 1992 or 1993. I was with them till about 2000. But yeah..their service wasn't bad, I moved because they were to expensive especially with ATM withdrawals.

EcigSmokeOnline

So he did..... kissie kissie:wondering:

voldermort
So he did..... kissie kissie:wondering:

Kissie kissie (throwback to Std.1)....you seriously had a bank account? I gather you must be talking about a piggy-bank.

circe

i moved on August my accounts from Absa to CAPITEC because absa internet banking work in the town, but when i want to use it on the farm, it do not work. i was in a fight with the from January till july and they couldn't find the fault.

mrmouse
i moved on August my accounts from Absa to CAPITEC because absa internet banking work in the town, but when i want to use it on the farm, it do not work. i was in a fight with the from January till july and they couldn't find the fault.

Sometimes technolgy gets ahead of us and we dont understand why , if I plug my home phone in it rings for short periods intermittantly ,

Telkom cant find the fault , its been months now .It started when they installed a new digital exchange :wondering:

Jongleur

Ha ha ha. Sharp as ever is our Sam.

EcigSmokeOnline
Kissie kissie (throwback to Std.1)....you seriously had a bank account? I gather you must be talking about a piggy-bank.

Yip, a piggy bank with a stamp collection inside.