Sign in to follow this  
freddier

Gemmological Institute of Southern Africa - Gemstone Reports

Lukeness

Hidoemelak,

Please send me a private message with your contact details and the full cert number, including the shorter number in brackets and I can get back to you with an image of the actual report produced.

Reinards

Good Day Lukeness,

I recently bought a item that was certified by GISA. From this post, I gathered that you are in fact involved with GISA.

I went to the website listed on the certificate to verify the certificate. I have also emailed the email address a few times with absolutely no reply.

I would please like to know if the service is still available. I noticed that the seller has been inactive on BoB as well as their website and on facebook. This smells fishy and I am concerned that this whole thing might have been a scam.

I also took the item for different valuations. It came out very different to the certificate/report made out by GISA. Pleas send me a PM so that we can discuss this matter further.

Regards

Reinard

Reinards

Hi Luke,

I replied to your PM. Please let me know if you didn't receive it.

Regards

Reinard

Reinards

Hi Luke,

Please give urgent feedback. I have not received any feedback from yourself or GISA. I am considering legal action against the all parties concerning false/"exaggerated" certification of gems and the trade there off.

Regards

Reinard

Lukeness

Reinard, please check your messages. I sent you feedback several days ago.

Reinards

Good Day Luke,

I cant find the messages, could you please email it to me

Regards

Edited by admin

Lukeness

No problem

Reinards

Removed

Edited by admin

Reinards

Luke,

I have still not received feedback after I sent the reports to you. I need the feedback urgently.

Regards

Lukeness

Reinards,

I replied to your emails and received response from you. I then sent you an additional email to which I have received no response.

Reinards

Luke,

I have not received the email you are refering to. Please ensure that the correct adress was used.

Regards

jesse Elijah
I do not know whether my suspicions are jusitfied, but for certain gemstones being offered on BOB, the gemstone images shown in the listings are exactly the same as the gemstone images on the gemstone reports of "Gemmological Institute of Southern Africa". Does anyone have any information on the credibility of GISA or the qualifications of their gemmologists?

Hi i really need to tell this...i have two 'diamonds ' i bought as diamonds recently on two different occasions on Bob with GISA certs and the certs are saying they are diamonds and untreated at that but they have been identified as moissanites at a renowned laboratory. ..this is not the first time this has happened over a year ago also on Bob i bought from another seller ( not disqualified from using Bob and with a court case pending ) gave me a Gisa cert with a diamond which was not correct either! ...i cant be the only one ?

jesse Elijah

Hi i really need to tell this...i have two 'diamonds ' i bought as diamonds recently on two different occasions on Bob with GISA certs and the certs are saying they are diamonds and untreated at that but they have been identified as moissanites at a renowned laboratory. ..this is not the first time this has happened over a year ago also on Bob i bought from another seller ( not disqualified from using Bob and with a court case pending ) gave me a Gisa cert with a diamond which was not correct either! ...i cant be the only one ?

Sorry the other seller IS disqualified from using Bob i accidentally said 'not instead of NOW "

jesse Elijah
Hi TacoBell.

You seem more than a little confused.

Neither EGL, GIA nor FOSAGAMS accredit anything. They are private organisations themselves.

I fail to see the relevance in your web search. Does something's existence now depend on the results of your google search? I think that's a little naive, to say the least.

There ARE in fact both address and contact details on every certificate. You merely have to turn it over and see all the details on the other side...

You are also very clearly not familiar with gem reports. There are various levels of reports, both with and without gradings. This applies to major gem labs world wide. Something you should know since you speak with such conviction and use an accusatory tone. Perhaps you should check your facts before jumping to conclusions or simply maming things up as you go...

Mini gem identification reports are just that, IDENTIFICATION. They do not include grading as a standard but provide assurance that the item is genuine.

As to the example you have shown where somebody complained... I have checked the details and seen the stone a second time and stand by the information provided in the report. The opinions of some jewellers who are neither qualified or equipped are irrelevant and are often giving through resentment.

I also must question why a user who it NOT registered on the Bid or Buy site would come here in order to sow nonsense like this on their very first post. I sense an alterior motive. Your information is misleading or downright false. Please try trolling elsewhere.

After reading your reply to this letter you sound very angry and threatening. ..truly not the standard one should wish to find and very unethical to say the least!

jesse Elijah

I've been trying to verify my Gisa certs to no avail ..can you verify if you are registered with GIA and give me your reference number for GIA please?

jesse Elijah

I've been trying to find my Gisa cert report to no avail please can you tell me if you have a GIA degree ...if so please give me your reference number and references as such ?

jesse Elijah

Cant get my message through it keeps coming back saying ..abort ?

L Village

What is a GIA degree?