Sign in to follow this  
jogesel

Fraud and illegal items on BOB- is justice being done?

jogesel    10
jogesel

On a number of occasions I have alerted the BOB security team about counterfeit goods being sold on BOB.

This past week I alerted the team to a seller selling a watch on BOB which was advertised on another website by another seller in a different country and which the BOB seller clearly could not have in his possession for sale.

This conduct in my view amounts to a clear case of fraud.

I received the standard reply from BOB thanking me for my email and advising me that the illegal item in question had been removed.

That may well be, but it is an established principal in our law that justice must not only be done but also be seen to be done. In this instance I do not know if justice has been done. It would be nice for the BOB team to state - item has been removed, seller given a warning or some more information about the action taken by BOB. If we were told that the watch had been listed by mistake that is also relevant information as long as we are provided with some indication as to the action taken by BOB.

Perhaps for those sellers caught for illegal activities BOB could place a statement in red next to the sellers ratings - indicating for example - "seller warned on three occasions about illegal activity" or "seller attempted to sell counterfeit goods".

I say this because the seller I reported is still in operation and still selling watches on BOB as though nothing happened. If he has already tried to to deceive buyers once what is to stop him from trying to do so again? Obviously I know who he is and I have no confidence in this seller and will not buy from him but other buyers do not have this information and those potential buyers who do not know much about watches may easily be misled by him.

I would have assumed that BOB as facilitator of purchasers and sales would have a duty to either remove sellers guilty of blatant illegal conduct or at least to advise consumers who access the site about the illegal activities of sellers. Not to do so is negligent.

EcigSmokeOnline    10
EcigSmokeOnline

BoB does not have any items sold in their possetion, concrete evidence will be needed and the only way is to open a case of fraud and then the seller have to be proven guilty. You can't just go about making accusations. BoB are not proven experts to make the call about fake products, you need the evidence to help them decide what to do.

YiaYia1    10
YiaYia1
On a number of occasions I have alerted the BOB security team about counterfeit goods being sold on BOB.

This past week I alerted the team to a seller selling a watch on BOB which was advertised on another website by another seller in a different country and which the BOB seller clearly could not have in his possession for sale.

This conduct in my view amounts to a clear case of fraud.

I received the standard reply from BOB thanking me for my email and advising me that the illegal item in question had been removed.

That may well be, but it is an established principal in our law that justice must not only be done but also be seen to be done. In this instance I do not know if justice has been done. It would be nice for the BOB team to state - item has been removed, seller given a warning or some more information about the action taken by BOB. If we were told that the watch had been listed by mistake that is also relevant information as long as we are provided with some indication as to the action taken by BOB.

Perhaps for those sellers caught for illegal activities BOB could place a statement in red next to the sellers ratings - indicating for example - "seller warned on three occasions about illegal activity" or "seller attempted to sell counterfeit goods".

I say this because the seller I reported is still in operation and still selling watches on BOB as though nothing happened. If he has already tried to to deceive buyers once what is to stop him from trying to do so again? Obviously I know who he is and I have no confidence in this seller and will not buy from him but other buyers do not have this information and those potential buyers who do not know much about watches may easily be misled by him.

I would have assumed that BOB as facilitator of purchasers and sales would have a duty to either remove sellers guilty of blatant illegal conduct or at least to advise consumers who access the site about the illegal activities of sellers. Not to do so is negligent.

The person defrauded has to open a case at the Police for investigation. I think a warning to a seller is fair.

To proof fraud it not easy.