Sign in to follow this  
Cali Craft and Gems

Field Description Error

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

Hi

I am trying to update the quantities in certain listings and have been met with the following message:

The Item can not be saved because it has an error

• Field Trade_Description should be 8,000 characters or less

What is strange though is that I have only adjusted the quantity available - nothing within the listing itself (which is an ongoing relisted item which has not changed in yonks).

Please assist...

So far it is for item number 162675849 - I'll check to see if any others have been affected too.

Many thanks,

CCG

Pierre_Henri    10
Pierre_Henri
Hi

I am trying to update the quantities in certain listings and have been met with the following message:

The Item can not be saved because it has an error

• Field Trade_Description should be 8,000 characters or less

What is strange though is that I have only adjusted the quantity available - nothing within the listing itself (which is an ongoing relisted item which has not changed in yonks).

Please assist...

So far it is for item number 162675849 - I'll check to see if any others have been affected too.

Many thanks,

CCG

Who are you talking to?

Cali Craft and Gems

As this is in the "Feedback to bidorbuy" section I would assume that I'm addressing someone at BoB who can be of assistance from the relevant department!?!?

alloway65    10
alloway65

This happens depending on the type of text being used.

On your selling page there are a series of tabs you can use, if for instance you want to load Word document text into your selling page you click on the relevant tab and insert your text.

I have not had this problem for a couple of years so I am a bit rusty on the finer details.

Cali Craft and Gems

Thanks Alloway - but the only change I tried to make to the listing was the quantity - nothing at all within the body of the listing.

Seeds and All    10
Seeds and All

Hi Janet,

I regularly have this issue as well. I just scroll down and click on update listing again. It then normally accepts the listing. Hope this helps.

Cali Craft and Gems

Thanks Seeds - I simply relisted the item as I had no response from BoB and could not wait any longer.

qball    10
qball

Please rather call us or use Live chat for immediate assistance, I have unfortunately not been readily available on the forum or in the office lately.

Thanks

Cali Craft and Gems

No problem Cuan - I understand how things can get out of control. It was not major urgent thus me not bothering the office telephonically. Just thought that when or if someone had the time they could respond here.

Chin up - almost the Christmas rush! :)