Sign in to follow this  
jcriller

Best grading without SAPO

jcriller

I was thinking of sending a new batch of coins for grading to NGC, but would like to know which routes you take at the moment seeing that the post office is up to s!!!. Will fedex be my best option?

Pierre_Henri

RIP -- our dear beloved SA Post Office

I was thinking of sending a new batch of coins for grading to NGC, but would like to know which routes you take at the moment seeing that the post office is up to s!!!. Will fedex be my best option?

SAPO is dying quickly - in 12 months time they will only be catering for the very very poor

Since the strike I have changed my shipments to 95% use of private couriers.

I seldom use the SA Post Office anymore - they have dug their own grave

Viva, viva, viva whatever they are happy about

Just go private shipment whatever you do - the SA Post Office is dead and gone ,

Pierre

YiaYia1

Easy say than done. A few items send to me from Sellers were send back because they don't serve my little town. I have to settle with the very poor

NooNooBug
Easy say than done. A few items send to me from Sellers were send back because they don't serve my little town. I have to settle with the very poor

Hopefully this will change in the near future as some of the couriers are starting to add more remote areas too...I think they realise the need to step in as SAPo are not going to of much value in the future. The trust is also gone & I definitely am not interested in using them if I can help it. BUt I need to Thank all the Strikers for the Ballsup they have made, prolonging the strike & forcing us & others to look at alternatives ! My big positive is I no longer will need to pAy for my Post Office box as I live in a rural area and get a free box except if there is any business mail received, which up till last month was my husbands business Bank statement. Standard Bank said it could NOT be emailed but thanx to the strike they have changed it to "we would prefer to email it" ! HAHA in your face SAPO !

Jongleur

I decided, during a moment of stunning clarity, that a new, bold approach was what was needed during this strike. Why not fight fire with fire ? So I came up with a devious, cunning plan:

If there is something that really annoys me it is a Taxi. But, Taxi`s go everywhere. Whether we like it or not. I doubt that a single town has no Taxi

passing by.

I needed to get a set of documents to a small town and I really didnt feel like the schlep of driving myself or filling out waybills, waiting for collection by a driver who is somewhere but nowhere from the courier company ................ So, for the first time in my life I deliberately went to a Taxi rank, documents in hand.

To cut a long story short the doc`s were delivered the next morning for R30.00 in pristine condition. No hassle.

Perhaps we can harness this alternative. Hand SAPO over to the Taxi industry who are covering the whole country anyway. Give them X million to set up shop and off we go. The Taxi guys I discussed my idea with were more than happy to start without delay. Some had tears in their eyes, the likes of which I have only ever seen when Johnny Walker Blue Label was involved while discussing a magnificent plan.

I still get annoyed with Taxi`s driving badly but what the hell. I met some great guys and one or two even wave at me after cutting me off. I wave back while my thoughts go to seeing thousands of Taxi`s painted bright red with SAPO emblazoned all over them. Perhaps with a "Proudly supported by Bidorbuy, Toyota, Pirelli" logo. Nice blue chip outfits.

We have very little to lose.