Sign in to follow this  
Pickle Bearies

sales slump.... Am I alone?

MiemsJewels
It has nothing to do with sapo , it has everything to do with high prices , bad service from sellers , bad attitude from sellers , damaged goods being sold , this week I have purchased 3 tablet pc`s from another website , free courier and between 200 and 1000 rand cheaper , 2 day delivery instant communication full tracking and good service , sellers on BoB need to get their act together .

I totally do NOT agree with you mrmouse. Post office, as well as financial problems would seem to be the reason for our sale drops.

qball

I think a lot of sellers rely on auctions, by doing so you give a lot of the control to the buyers to determine prices. My recommendation is to start using Buy Nows - most other platforms only follow fixed price options - that is why business will be better, the price you see is the price you pay. Buyers on auctions will always try get the item at the lowest possible price.

mrmouse
I totally do NOT agree with you mrmouse. Post office, as well as financial problems would seem to be the reason for our sale drops.

may well be so ,but..........other online platforms are doing extremely well ,freight is and always will be an issue with individual sellers , items that I usually sell are relatively expensive items ,if I lose on freight I don't care it doesn't make a difference to me , but if I was selling trinkets or on auction ,it would be a major problem .Post office is up and running so I'm sure things will pick up again for a lot of sellers .China shops are everywhere now offering goods at excellent prices ,those items are all on Bob for the same price +-,,,,but add in freight and it becomes expensive ,only a hand full of sellers on Bob complain about sales , I think a lot sell on other platforms as well ,exposure may be the key ,redirects to Bob also work and is easy to do .you get tremendous exposure on Bob off the web use it to you're advantage .just my thoughts on it !

MiemsJewels
may well be so ,but..........other online platforms are doing extremely well ,freight is and always will be an issue with individual sellers , items that I usually sell are relatively expensive items ,if I lose on freight I don't care it doesn't make a difference to me , but if I was selling trinkets or on auction ,it would be a major problem .Post office is up and running so I'm sure things will pick up again for a lot of sellers .China shops are everywhere now offering goods at excellent prices ,those items are all on Bob for the same price +-,,,,but add in freight and it becomes expensive ,only a hand full of sellers on Bob complain about sales , I think a lot sell on other platforms as well ,exposure may be the key ,redirects to Bob also work and is easy to do .you get tremendous exposure on Bob off the web use it to you're advantage .just my thoughts on it !

Lets just hope 2015 will be a better year for all of us.

SADiamondsrus

Definitely not alone.........and definitely not all sellers have high prices, bad attitudes etc. It boils down to buyers must check sellers ratings etc.

A lot of items sold on bidorbuy go for a real bargain, but as of 2014, bargains are costing sellers a fortune!

I myself am terrified of placing promotional auctions. They do not fetch even 7-9% of the value, I used to be able to determine if I would make a profit, not in 2014, its hope and pray.

Huge slump in sales, both buy now and auctions.....time to think out of the box guys! what can we do to increase sales...... we are already losing?

Bidorbuy TV advert??

Sellers offering free shipping (yeah yeah)

SADiamondsrus
I think a lot of sellers rely on auctions, by doing so you give a lot of the control to the buyers to determine prices. My recommendation is to start using Buy Nows - most other platforms only follow fixed price options - that is why business will be better, the price you see is the price you pay. Buyers on auctions will always try get the item at the lowest possible price.

Totally agreed.... when i see some items that sold for buy now versus auction = HUGE bottom line difference!

Noted

SADiamondsrus
There has been a slight drop in sales from the BoB platform, but I cannot only blame SAPO. We now offer 6 different shipping options, so it's for the buyers to decide which will be best for them.

I have also recently started selling on 2 other local platforms, and sales have gone through the roof with them. The one company ships themself (so they hold our stock) and the other company we ship.

If sales are down, sellers need to start exploring other selling platforms in order to generate a higher income.

And yes, I am a great supporter of South African selling platforms, although most of my suppiers are international, (and I am not referring to e-bay :noworry:). My own range is manufactured in CT as with the R$, it was the cheaper option, and also much better quality.

Buyers need to take a deep breath and start exploring ..... the sky is the limit

Great Advice! Did u actually mean sellers must take a deep breath?

mrmouse
Lets just hope 2015 will be a better year for all of us.

im sure it will be better , retail is picking up , and things are stabilising , think positive and rework youre strategies , i dont know what you sell

and i dont believe in dissecting sellers profiles , but i wish you good luck if this is a main income for you , may you make millions and if you do please donate some to wild animal rehab centres.What ever you donate will come back double to you , maybe not in monetary value but in something .

Edited by mrmouse

MiemsJewels
im sure it will be better , retail is picking up , and things are stabilising , think positive and rework youre strategies , i dont know what you sell

and i dont believe in dissecting sellers profiles , but i wish you good luck if this is a main income for you , may you make millions and if you do please donate some to wild animal rehab centres.What ever you donate will come back double to you , maybe not in monetary value but in something .

:grin: Thank you Mrmouse. I will remember to donate. :grin: