Sign in to follow this  
Pierre_Henri

The Final Solution: The END of all BidorBuy Sellers (non-payment) problems

Pierre_Henri

To be a seller on BidorBuy one has to provide your banking details to BidorBuy so that BoB can deduct your seller’s fees directly from your bank account.

For that reason a seller owning money to BidorBuy simply does not exist.

But what about buyers owning money to sellers?

Let buyers go the same route as we as sellers have to go (registered bank details) and it will be the end of all our problems as sellers who has to battle non-payments from buyers every day of our lives.

Please just do it BidorBuy and introduce a system to deduct payments directly from the buyers account via your BoBpay system or whatever system will solve this horrible non-payment problem we as sellers (but not you yourself) have.

Pierre

kyle2

I never thought of this before, and it certainly has merit, not sure BoB will concede though.

voldermort

The problem with this idea lies in the fact that there are sure to be some shady sellers who will say they have not received payment, when in actual fact they have. How would they be able to check via a buyers personal account whether they have paid or not?

wayjen

Owning money?

This is a good idea but I guess it has its problems.

WATCHES 24 SEVEN

Good evening Pierre.

Yes that`s is a concern with most Sellers.Unfortunately consumer Act will prevent to implement that system.Think of when someone wants to bid on an item, they must first deposit money into Bob account, then Bob may refund Sellers listing fees.

Something very strange happened with me Today.i Made a listing up for this following Crazy Wednesday Auction, and after i decided to delete that same listing before it opens, i went to my Sellers account and saw Bob System already took the R85.00. So i will follow this up with life chat Tomorrow.

This was not how the system runs before. You only pay for a listing after it opens at 12Hoo.

So to all Sellers out there, just take NOTE !!

Have a peak at my Items for sale below.

Items for sale from WATCHES 24 SEVEN on bidorbuy.co.za

Greetings

ATA STAMP CENTRE
Good evening Pierre.

Yes that`s is a concern with most Sellers.Unfortunately consumer Act will prevent to implement that system.Think of when someone wants to bid on an item, they must first deposit money into Bob account, then Bob may refund Sellers listing fees.

Something very strange happened with me Today.i Made a listing up for this following Crazy Wednesday Auction, and after i decided to delete that same listing before it opens, i went to my Sellers account and saw Bob System already took the R85.00. So i will follow this up with life chat Tomorrow.

This was not how the system runs before. You only pay for a listing after it opens at 12Hoo.

So to all Sellers out there, just take NOTE !!

Have a peak at my Items for sale below.

Items for sale from WATCHES 24 SEVEN on bidorbuy.co.za

Greetings

HI,its always been like that,immediately after listing the charges are incurred,even if the item is not open for viewing until later.

The only way not to lose fees if u change your mind is to edit the listing by changing it to something else ,once u delete u lose those fees!

And unfortunately what is suggested will never be implemented .Imagine a new buyer registering and being asked to give bank details etc?can we all remember how sceptical we were in giving bank details for online transactions when online commerce was in its infancy?u will not get any new buyer on the site,nevermind the legality of this.

Its unfortunately the hazard of trading online,and with the economy the way it is,many buyers have a rethink th next day and cant meet their obligations and cause snc to be filed,costing buyers listing fees,and the loss of a sale to a genuine buyer that was perhaps the underbidder.

neil

Colin_P
And unfortunately what is suggested will never be implemented .Imagine a new buyer registering and being asked to give bank details etc?can we all remember how sceptical we were in giving bank details for online transactions when online commerce was in its infancy?u will not get any new buyer on the site,nevermind the legality of this.

I agree fully. I might (possibly) be prepared to do that now, but as a new buyer I doubt I would have entertained the idea.

Pierre_Henri
I never thought of this before, and it certainly has merit, not sure BoB will concede though.

BidorBuy is carried by sellers and not buyers

BoB must surely work effortless towards this axioma

Pierre

EcigSmokeOnline
BidorBuy is carried by sellers and not buyer

Nope, I disagree.. BoB is carried by both. No Seller no Buyer,/No Buyer no Seller = No BoB.

And I agree, newbies will never give out details before getting familiar with the site BUT I am thinking what about if BoB give them something in return like they do for Verified sellers...am not sure what but just an idea?

SADiamondsrus

It wont work due to the shady sellers that run away .... with money. Sellers do contribute hugely to bidorbuy, no seller= no products=no client. I do think Bidorbuy should advertise on TV for us :)

He he

Best is to call the client. I find a call works wonders.

Goodluck!

qball

This unfortunately won't be happening for many reasons. Mostly legal.

Labrisan

I need to vent! This keeps on happening to me. I sell an item on auction only to find out from the buyer that they can't pay. This is becoming a major problem! Non-paying buyer should be banned immediately. (Just had another terrible experience with a buyer..)

qball

We will only ban bidders based on poor ratings, please rate the bidder negative and file SNCs.

reeceonlinetrading
We will only ban bidders based on poor ratings, please rate the bidder negative and file SNCs.

Hi Qball maybe the 7 day wait to file SNC needs to be reduced to maybe 4 days because waiting 7 days to file SNC then have to wait for BOB to finalise it is another few days which means it takes longer to relist those items... just a thought

Miss Jewels

If a buyer has not paid for an item within my Terms & Conditions (5 days after purchase), I file the SNC after 7 days only to have my success fees reimbursed. I relist the item when I file the SNC and it's then no longer available. Your T & C's will determine when you can relist your item.

Free Soul Styles
If a buyer has not paid for an item within my Terms & Conditions (5 days after purchase), I file the SNC after 7 days only to have my success fees reimbursed. I relist the item when I file the SNC and it's then no longer available. Your T & C's will determine when you can relist your item.

I state 3 days, unless other arrangements are agreed upon... However, the buyer will pay whenever they feel like it and then when i file the SNC i get told that it is uncalled for... I do think that the SNC period should be shorter for new buyers, if they have under 100 ratings. I've had to file more SNC's against new buyers this year compared to last year.