Sign in to follow this  
staccato

Misleading advertising

staccato

I made a bid on the item but then noticed it was not as advertised, A Tazer has wires, but the item is a stun gun. I asked the seller twice to delete my bid but my request was ignored. After the auction had closed, I again requested that my bid be deleted but still no response from the seller.

Personal Security - " HOT " Aluminum Heavy duty Police type Tazer Stun Gun and Strong Rechargeable Flashlight was sold for R135.00 on 12 Oct at 22:48 by ElectronicPro in Johannesburg (ID:163742096)

Edited by staccato

NooNooBug

I don't know much about the Tazer etc but it is somewhat misleading to have the word Tazer in the title as that would imply it is such, yet in the description there is no mention of it. If you have chosen to ignore your request to delete your bid then send them an email stating you wish to cancel the order & tried to cancel before it closed. I would cc BoB with this request too !

mrmouse
I made a bid on the item but then noticed it was not as advertised, A Tazer has wires, but the item is a stun gun. I asked the seller twice to delete my bid but my request was ignored. After the auction had closed, I again requested that my bid be deleted but still no response from the seller.

Personal Security - " HOT " Aluminum Heavy duty Police type Tazer Stun Gun and Strong Rechargeable Flashlight was sold for R135.00 on 12 Oct at 22:48 by ElectronicPro in Johannesburg (ID:163742096)

I really dont think the seller will have issues with youre request , no wait he actually cant ,you are under no obligation to persue it further , you have made the request .

staccato

Will wait and see, if I get a negative rating I will take it further with BoB. Strange, no reply from admin! No comment admin? Cuan?

Ilya2005

A "Taser" is a patented product with the name copy-righted and patented. No one can use that name except in connection with a true "Taser". Self Defense Products & Personal Safety Equipment: TASER International is the official website.

The word "Tazer" is NOT an official "taser" and is...in my opinion...used to PRETEND that the item is a true "taser" when is in fact...not!

Any seller who would call his item a "tazer" when it isn't a true "taser" is guilty of misleading advertising, at least, and, fraud, at worst. Shame on that dealer who plays fast and loose with the facts. He needs to be sent back to the bazaar with the rest of his ilk :evil:

qball

The seller has been issued with a warning for the manner in which the item was listed, he may not make use of the word Tazer. The SNC has also been retracted.