Sign in to follow this  
Power House

Postal service

Power House    10
Power House

I have noticed that many a seller does not give a buyer the option other than SAPO, as we all know they are on strike, never the less 60% of the sellers only gives that option, and if buyers complain the attitude is "YOUR PARCEL IS WITH THE POST OFFICE AND THEY ARE ON STRIKE".

I think there should be a attitude change, they must remember that buyers can get the items elsewhere as I have now been forced to do. They must remember (to me at least, delivery is of utmost importance). :evil:

voldermort    10
voldermort

I'm sure most sellers would be more than willing to give courier options were it not for the fact that some buyers may be a tad bit reluctant to spend perhaps R100+ postage on an item that could very well cost only R10. As it stands at the moment, a few buyers are already moaning from a dizzy height at having to spend R30 postage via GPO - (& note that a parcel, insured for R100 & under 1kg costs R26 to send) I would truly love to see the reaction to telling them they need to fork out R100+ postage.

Edited by voldermort

booksallsizes    10
booksallsizes

And I'm sure I'm not the only seller living in a very small town where the only option is the PO. In order for me to make use of a courier would mean an hour's drive which would then make it unfeasible to even sell on bidorbuy. I'd love to be able to give my buyers more choice...

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug
And I'm sure I'm not the only seller living in a very small town where the only option is the PO. In order for me to make use of a courier would mean an hour's drive which would then make it unfeasible to even sell on bidorbuy. I'd love to be able to give my buyers more choice...

Do you have a Fresh Stop / Caltex Garage near you ? Some of them offer the Aramex drop box like the Pick n Pays !

Vegar    10
Vegar

Postnet deliver counter to counter at R99.00 for parcels under 5kg. Yesterday I sent a package 15kg (volumetric) for R299

This works well for buyers, and sellers, who live near a shopping center with a Postnet branch.

YiaYia1    10
YiaYia1

Most courier services only do main centres. Prices for small items range from R75 to R99. An additional R60.00 for delivery to rural areas. Our town has no courier services. For me to online make use of the Courier Guy will cost the buyer R120. They are not going to pay that. I have tried the Post Net, where I will travel 55 km to post the item and pay R99 for delivery, buyers did not even make use of this option and still chose the SAPO option

bitesize    10
bitesize

I have stopped temporarily offering SAPO because even though I clearly state that there is a strike, buyers still select SAPO delivery. So for now I have marked everything courier only where buyer needs to request a quote. Otherwise you are stuck with an irate buyer.