Sign in to follow this  
gothgirlink

Shipping...

gothgirlink    10
gothgirlink

I recently place an item on auction.. The shipping being R200 or they can collect, as there are 11 items in the auction all in there boxes ( monster high dolls).. I have had a complaint about the shipping being too high.. I think this is unfair.. as its going to cost that much to send it.. big box with wrapping etc.. does anyone think I am being unfair on the postage? thank you

Edited by gothgirlink

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles

These are the dolls that are something like 32cm in height (no box) right? And the boxes i know are big. You include packaging and insurance (i saw your shipping table). For all 11 dolls in individual boxes, in my opinion, R200.00 is an acceptable price.

Edited by Free Soul Styles

gothgirlink    10
gothgirlink

ordinary post office... with insurance.. today alone I posted a duvet cover which cost R50 in postage fees .. :notrust: and yes the boxes are quite big.. especially the particular three which come with accessories..

Edited by gothgirlink

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug

As I was reading I thought "wow that is a lot for postage" but then I realised your auction is one lot consisting of 11 dolls ! Knowing these dolls (have daughters) makes me realise to package up 11 still in their boxes makes it rather a bulky load and eventhough it may not weigh much, the PO will hit you with volume,so in answer to your question...NO I think R200 would be ok !

RAG Auctioneers    10
RAG Auctioneers

Volume has become a killer ever since they enforced it.

NooNooBug    10
NooNooBug
Volume has become a killer ever since they enforced it.

Too true ! Though in my experience it is also one of those misused SAPO "rules" as if I post an under 1kg parcel that cannot fit into econo dimensions eg a large jug, I will pay econo rates and no tape measure comes out the 2 closest little PO's , but go into town and they measure remeasure & remeasure and charge you for volume! So guess where I used to post ?