Sign in to follow this  
reeceonlinetrading

payments from buyers

reeceonlinetrading

Hiya as you can see i am a real noob :laugh:

how long does a seller have to wait for payment from a buyer, and is the first and last day included ?

thanks

Vinyl Lady Decals

Hi, most sellers give three days which is reasonable, it is a good idea for you to state what your payment terms are as some buyers will take their time if you don't state this.

I state three days and then allow an extra 2 days for payment clearing just in case. Then I start sending reminders every three days. I send three reminders which i feel is more than ample. If I still don't have payment by then, I file an SNC to get my fees back. You can only file an SNC after 7 days minimum.

reeceonlinetrading

Thanks for the reply Vinyl Lady, would you count the first day and last day if you give them 7 days? I stated payment must be made within 5 days it is with the shipping costs. I have a person that won an auction on 6/10/2014 sent 2 emails so far but no response

Vinyl Lady Decals

Yes, I would as a precaution, some banks take a while to transfer the payment.

reeceonlinetrading

thanks Vinyl Lady

NooNooBug

I no longer state how many days to pay in coz buyers tend to ignore that ! I usually send out an email on day 4 as a friendly reminder that is isn't paid yet but ready to post etc etc then on day 6 a further reminder & day 7 file an SNC if nothing received. I have found those that do not pay when they place the order fall into one of 3 groups;

1. First reminder & they pay

2. File an SNC & they suddenly pay

3. Doesn't matter what you do they do not plan on paying anyway !

When I was a Newbie I gave them 14 days ! Now I don't ! If you haven't paid by day 7, tough takkies its SNC time !

reeceonlinetrading

i have this buyer that won 2 auctions, first auction on 06//10/2014 and the second on 07/10/2014. i emailed her 9/10/2014, 10/10/2014, and 13/10/2014 but still no payment or even a reply to the emails, should i file a SNC ? on my terms i did stipulate payment within 5 days but this is more than 5 days

NooNooBug

If she hasn't replied to any of your requests with either payment or an explanation then yes go ahead and file an SNC, choose the reason carefully... and add a comment you have had no response to any emails & no payment.

reeceonlinetrading
If she hasn't replied to any of your requests with either payment or an explanation then yes go ahead and file an SNC, choose the reason carefully... and add a comment you have had no response to any emails & no payment.

would you allow them to bid again

Not1CentMore

A SNC can be filed after 7-days of an auction / buy now closing for... (pick reason from drop down box) and add pertinent information in comment section; ie., no response from Buyer to email sent on (dates when email was sent). Once the SNC is filed, your Buyer has 7-days to respond to the SNC stating they will pay (which they seldom do) or appeal the SNC (and the reason for doing so).

If Buyer fails to respond, you will automatically be returned you FVFs... Buyer is found to be 'at fault'. If buyer replies saying they will pay, BoB will send an email, again after 7-days, asking whether or not the transaction has been concluded (did Buyer pay - check yes or no). If you check no, payment has not been received, the transaction has not been concluded and your fees will be credited back to you.... Buyer is found to be 'at fault'.

At this point, you have the option to block Buyer (right next to where it shows SNC Status). The block is only 'good' for three months (methinks) and then they are free to bid on your items again.

If the Buyer appeals the SNC, BoB will review the reason you filed the SNC and Buyer's response to determine 'fault'. If Buyer is found to be 'at fault', the above applies. If you are found to be 'at fault', I am 'thinking' you may not have the option to block the Buyer.

I always check Buyer's ratings prior to an auction closing. If they have received multiple negatives for non-payment from other Sellers, I delete their bid citing "Buyer has received negative feedback from another Seller" as the reason. It saves on 'headaches' of filing a SNC.

Ruthie

Edited by Not1CentMore

reeceonlinetrading
A SNC can be filed after 7-days of an auction / buy now closing for... (pick reason from drop down box) and add pertinent information in comment section; ie., no response from Buyer to email sent on (dates when email was sent). Once the SNC is filed, your Buyer has 7-days to respond to the SNC stating they will pay (which they seldom do) or appeal the SNC (and the reason for doing so).

If Buyer fails to respond, you will automatically be returned you FVFs... Buyer is found to be 'at fault'. If buyer replies saying they will pay, BoB will send an email, again after 7-days, asking whether or not the transaction has been concluded (did Buyer pay - check yes or no). If you check no, payment has not been received, the transaction has not been concluded and your fees will be credited back to you.... Buyer is found to be 'at fault'.

At this point, you have the option to block Buyer (right next to where it shows SNC Status). The block is only 'good' for three months (methinks) and then they are free to bid on your items again.

If the Buyer appeals the SNC, BoB will review the reason you filed the SNC and Buyer's response to determine 'fault'. If Buyer is found to be 'at fault', the above applies. If you are found to be 'at fault', I am 'thinking' you may not have the option to block the Buyer.

I always check Buyer's ratings prior to an auction closing. If they have received multiple negatives for non-payment from other Sellers, I delete their bid citing "Buyer has received negative feedback from another Seller" as the reason. It saves on 'headaches' of filing a SNC.

Ruthie

thanks Ruthie, will keep those points in mind, i did a check on the buyers previous ratings, she buys quiet a bit but also has negatives regarding not paying

NooNooBug
would you allow them to bid again

I usually give 2nd chances, however there are those that are habitual non-payers !

SADiamondsrus

The longer a buyer takes to pay, the longer I take to send.

I find people asking for 30 day extension!

I no longer state how many days to pay in coz buyers tend to ignore that ! I usually send out an email on day 4 as a friendly reminder that is isn't paid yet but ready to post etc etc then on day 6 a further reminder & day 7 file an SNC if nothing received. I have found those that do not pay when they place the order fall into one of 3 groups;

1. First reminder & they pay

2. File an SNC & they suddenly pay

3. Doesn't matter what you do they do not plan on paying anyway !

When I was a Newbie I gave them 14 days ! Now I don't ! If you haven't paid by day 7, tough takkies its SNC time !