Sign in to follow this  
EcigSmokeOnline

High shipping

Cali Craft and Gems    10
Cali Craft and Gems

Wow! If you look at the one negative rating he / she received, in the Q&A a buyer asks why the shipping cost is so high - the reply is: "the totally amount am looking for is R600.00" (item sold for R161 + R350 SAPO shipping = R511)

I'm assuming that the seller is trying to make up the shortfall by overcharging on shipping?

EcigSmokeOnline    10
EcigSmokeOnline

Yeah, and still buyers are bidding. He/she is charging 3% insurance as well. It's a discreet listing, wonder why?

voldermort    10
voldermort

could be a typo as on the ad description they state postage + insurance is R50.00

EcigSmokeOnline    10
EcigSmokeOnline
could be a typo as on the ad description they state postage + insurance is R50.00

I've seen that, however BoB's system will prompt the buyer for R350 + insurance because that's the selected shipping table. If you look at the sellers other ratings shipping seems to be a problem.

voldermort    10
voldermort
I've seen that, however BoB's system will prompt the buyer for R350 + insurance because that's the selected shipping table. If you look at the sellers other ratings shipping seems to be a problem.

yip, however if I were the person bidding on this item if & when I won, I would still put through R50.00 postage as that is clearly stated on ad description....if he wants to play silly buggers with postage costs elsewhere thats his problem.

Gecko Coins    10
Gecko Coins

Hi Guys, what is BOB's take on excessive shipping costs - should sellers not be forced to display shipping costs in their listing? Just bought some stuff, no shipping displayed on the listing, when trying to complete purchase seller has R289.61 for shipping with SAPO (insured), item cost only R140.00 and will fit in your hand. Even offered to drive the 62 km to fetch the parcel, however seller does not want to accept collections. Got a quote from a reputable courier - only R80.00 - seller does not want to accept this either. Are we protected under the consumer protection act for being exploited - can a buyer cancel a transaction on this basis without receiving un-just negative rating? thanks

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

I feel it should be mandatory to show shipping in listing, either in the description or under the shipping tab.

It is tantamount to being deceitful to not do this IMHO.

On the other hand, if a seller doen't show shipping, buyers should never buy anything without asking the seller about shipping costs first - in order to avoid nasty surprises. If the seller doesn't answer - avoid like the plague, no matter how desperate you are for the item.

If all buyers do this, seller's will quickly get tired of answering questions all day or not seeing any sales because they ignored the questions. Either they will amend their shipping or stop selling on BoB.

Gecko Coins    10
Gecko Coins
I feel it should be mandatory to show shipping in listing, either in the description or under the shipping tab.

It is tantamount to being deceitful to not do this IMHO.

On the other hand, if a seller doen't show shipping, buyers should never buy anything without asking the seller about shipping costs first - in order to avoid nasty surprises. If the seller doesn't answer - avoid like the plague, no matter how desperate you are for the item.

If all buyers do this, seller's will quickly get tired of answering questions all day or not seeing any sales because they ignored the questions. Either they will amend their shipping or stop selling on BoB.

Guess you right, should have asked the question, however what happens to new people? I see there are so many new folks on BOB nowadays. They won't know what to do, simplest would be to make it mandatory for sellers to supply shipping costs beforehand. We should take into consideration that bad experiences will ultimately lead to people not buying again and perhaps trying out competitor sites. As for myself, if the seller does not want to listen to sound reasoning I will be getting my first negative ratings in 7 years on BOB :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Vinyl Lady Decals    10
Vinyl Lady Decals

I agree, it leads to a bad experience for newbies and these experiences leaves a bad taste in people's mouths. Then they blame bob as a whole instead of the seller in question. it should rather be compulsory. I hope you come right.

Free Soul Styles    10
Free Soul Styles

There's one seller who charges R150.00 for post office, for a bottle of perfume that's 100ml. As much as i want the perfume. Who charges that kind of money for PO?!