Sign in to follow this  
Ambassadors Invest

List of stolen / missing NGC coins via Fedex

Ambassadors Invest

Hi All

Please keep a look out for the following coins which has gone missing from FEDEX USA via Dubai To JHB.

Its been missing for over a week now, sadly I had listed the items on BOB, They may still surface so if you have bid on them, dont pay yet!

ALL SOUTH AFRICA & NGC GRADED

1930 2/- AU58 - 3968323-003

1930 2/6 MS62 - 3968323-004

1924 2/6 MS62 - 3968322-001

1935 2/6 AU58 - 3968323-002

1938 2/6 AU55 - 3968323-003

1950 5/- PF66 - 3748529-010 ( EX PITTMAN)

1949 PENNY PF65RB - 3748512-016 ( EX PITTMAN)

1949 1/4D PF66RB - 3748512-018 ( EX PITTMAN)

1949 1/2D PF65RB - 3748512-017 ( EX PITTMAN)

1951 5/- PF65 - 2792892-001

1951 2/6 PF67 - 2792892-002

1951 2/- PF67 - 2792892-003

1951 1/- PF67 - 2792892-004

1951 6d PF67 - 2792892-005

1951 3d PF67 - 2792892-006

1951 1d PF66RB - 2792892-007

1951 1/2d PF65RD - 2792892-008

1951 1/4d PF65RD - 2792892-009

1956 5/- PF66 - 2792892-010

1956 2/6 PF67 - 2792892-011

1956 2/- PF67 - 2792892-012

1956 1/- PF67 - 2792892-013

1956 6d PF67 - 2792892-014

1956 3d PF67 - 2792892-015

1956 1d PF66RD - 2792892-016

1956 1/2d PF66RD - 2792892-017

1956 1/4d PF66RB - 2792892-018

1900 POND AU55 - 1522519-012

1898 POND MS61 - 338493-006

There are also 3 SOUTH AFRICAN PATTERNS (ZAR,OFS Etc) ALL PF66 Finest KNOWNS

I WILL UPLOAD THEIR NGC NUMBERS SOON.

Thank you all for taking the time to look at this !

Regards

Clinton

Ambassadors Invest

Ambassadors Invest

BidorBuy now in process of deleting these auctions - Apologies for the inconvenience caused ! Sad and costly to see these items Gone !!

Pierre_Henri

We all hold thumbs that they will eventually turn up Clinton

Ambassadors Invest

Thanks Pierre

Initially they closed the case but it was reopened on Monday as we kept the pressure on. Its just not acceptable!

Cold Sea

Good. I had items stolen, reported it and my initial statement disappeared etc. I appointed a private investigator, which did not go down well with SAPS, but in the end I got some of the items back and the thief was sentenced to 4 years in jail.

Ambassadors Invest

ALL coins received today after 6 weeks missing ! Persistence pays !!

Expect some of them back on R1 Auction soon !!

Vinyl Lady Decals

Oh wow, that's really awesome to hear!!

jwither

I don't advice using Fedex for shipping coins of any value outside the United States. I always use USPS registered mail. I have only "lost" a shipment once and the reason I believe it happened is because USPS requires a particular packing tape which I did not have at the time and the postal clerk didn't seal the package properly. I consider it the most reliable method though it just takes longer.

Also, don't ever use USPS Express Mail for international shipments either, as it is actually delievred by FedEx.

When I have tried to ship with FedEx directly, they did not accept coins, though I know that coin dealers are able to use them.

jcriller
I don't advice using Fedex for shipping coins of any value outside the United States. I always use USPS registered mail. I have only "lost" a shipment once and the reason I believe it happened is because USPS requires a particular packing tape which I did not have at the time and the postal clerk didn't seal the package properly. I consider it the most reliable method though it just takes longer.

Also, don't ever use USPS Express Mail for international shipments either, as it is actually delievred by FedEx.

When I have tried to ship with FedEx directly, they did not accept coins, though I know that coin dealers are able to use them.

Usps works well.only problem is when they return mail its delivered through our local mail which is now non existent.so our only option is fedex

jwither
Usps works well.only problem is when they return mail its delivered through our local mail which is now non existent.so our only option is fedex

I am not sure what you mean.

I understand that when someone (such as NGC) mails to SA through USPS that the coins are handled by the SAPS when it arrives in SA and that is why all of you prefer FedEx.

The point i was making is that despite the problems with your postal service, I have only had one not arrive out of over 100 and to my knowledge, only because it was not packed properly.

I know it isn't guaranteed to arrive but the problem with FedEx is the conflicting information I have received. I know that NGC offers it and I also know that dealers (such as NCCE who sell many South African coins) also does. I have bought metals from NNCE myself and that is how they sent it. I don't know if they have a different arrangement with FedEx or more likely, all shipments are covered by their own policy.

The other two packages I "lost" to SA were sent by USPS Express Mail. For those who do not know it, USPS has these packages delivered by FedEx though maybe through your postal service when it arrives in SA. I do not know. But in any event, when I filed a claim, one was paid and the other rejected.

So for any of you who use FedEx, have you ever not received one and not had the claim paid? If so, I suspect its because of what I am stating here. Or, the other reason would be the habit all of you have to declare a different value with Customs. I don't believe any insurer (USPS or FedEx) is going to pay it if that happens.

jcriller
I am not sure what you mean.

I understand that when someone (such as NGC) mails to SA through USPS that the coins are handled by the SAPS when it arrives in SA and that is why all of you prefer FedEx.

The point i was making is that despite the problems with your postal service, I have only had one not arrive out of over 100 and to my knowledge, only because it was not packed properly.

I know it isn't guaranteed to arrive but the problem with FedEx is the conflicting information I have received. I know that NGC offers it and I also know that dealers (such as NCCE who sell many South African coins) also does. I have bought metals from NNCE myself and that is how they sent it. I don't know if they have a different arrangement with FedEx or more likely, all shipments are covered by their own policy.

The other two packages I "lost" to SA were sent by USPS Express Mail. For those who do not know it, USPS has these packages delivered by FedEx though maybe through your postal service when it arrives in SA. I do not know. But in any event, when I filed a claim, one was paid and the other rejected.

So for any of you who use FedEx, have you ever not received one and not had the claim paid? If so, I suspect its because of what I am stating here. Or, the other reason would be the habit all of you have to declare a different value with Customs. I don't believe any insurer (USPS or FedEx) is going to pay it if that happens.

SAPO went on a strike a couple of months ago, we have not had any postal deliveries since, the SAPS are now in financial turmoil and millions of postal items have non been delivered since, therefore usps is not an option for South -Africans anymore.I agree that USPS worked well to south africa, i have sent many items to NGC and not once did i lose anything, i had only one parcel that was delayed for a week by USPS but it eventially arrived at NGC. My personal opinion is that SAPO will never recover as most of us now use private courier services which has probably doubled in the last month

jwither

Thanks, I was not aware of that.

Good thing I sold practically all of my better South African coins already because Fedex is not an option for me. NGC and a dealer such as NCCE have a reduced rate. Last time I went to one of the FedEx retail outlets here, they quoted me $82 USD to send a package to SA.

To make one other point, what you are describing is going to make it impractical for most collectors outside of South Africa (such as myself) to buy these coins. The reason I make this comment is because, as the Bakewell auction showed, there isn't much of a market for most of them outside of your country except maybe at a substantial discount to the already weak market. I haven't been buying many in recent years but I will have to think twice about any purchase if this turns out to be a longer term problem.

Edited by jwither

Ambassadors Invest

I have used UPS couriers from the states coming in 3 times in the past two weeks. Very happy!

a day or two faster than fedex.

What i really like is that the parcel goes via Germany and not Dubai/London as with Fedex.

Parcels going through dubai gets stopped more often than not.

But clearly marking parcels as coins i'm afraid is still a very big no no !

At least I have a mother in law in the US so all my USA parcels go via her which helps a great deal!

CapeCurrencyCoin

Glad to hear all your coins surfaced safely and that you are having success with USPS,my experience has not been as fortunate.

I had a parcel sent by PCGS using USPS on the 21st of September, for 1 month there was no information at all on the parcel,then finally on the 21st of October the tracking information showed that it was being processed by customs,almost 2 weeks later and it is still apparently being processed by customs,no notification from post office and 3 trips to my local customs office later still no parcel!

Not even my coin,quite a valuable coin I had graded as a favour for someone else....

Apologies, just noticed you were referring to UPS and not USPS.

I have used UPS couriers from the states coming in 3 times in the past two weeks. Very happy!

a day or two faster than fedex.

What i really like is that the parcel goes via Germany and not Dubai/London as with Fedex.

Parcels going through dubai gets stopped more often than not.

But clearly marking parcels as coins i'm afraid is still a very big no no !

At least I have a mother in law in the US so all my USA parcels go via her which helps a great deal!

Edited by CapeCurrencyCoin