Sign in to follow this  
droreyal

Bob policy on parcels rts

droreyal

What is the bob policy on parcels that are RTS, or not delivered due to postal strike?

Free Soul Styles

If a parcel is returned to you because a buyer did not collect, then the buyer is responsible for additional payment for shipping or the seller can refund the buyer. In my opinion it is not the fault of the seller if the buyer does not collect. Sellers get charged a fee (usually the same cost to send to the buyer) for all returned items. I inform all my buyers when their items are ready to collect, and i follow up. If i do get a return i contact the buyer and let them know. More often that not, they pay in for shipping as i send them the slips i get when i pay for the return.

If parcels are returned because of the strike then i would think we, the sellers are still responsible for the shipping costs

Edited by Free Soul Styles

mrmouse
If a parcel is returned to you because a buyer did not collect, then the buyer is responsible for additional payment for shipping or the seller can refund the buyer. In my opinion it is not the fault of the seller if the buyer does not collect. Sellers get charged a fee (usually the same cost to send to the buyer) for all returned items. I inform all my buyers when their items are ready to collect, and i follow up. If i do get a return i contact the buyer and let them know. More often that not, they pay in for shipping as i send them the slips i get when i pay for the return.

If parcels are returned because of the strike then i would think we, the sellers are still responsible for the shipping costs

I refuse to collect an RTS , OH wait sorry I only use a courier now so no need to worry about that .

wayjen

I would wonder how parcels were returned if there was a postal strike.

Free Soul Styles

I don't think they were. I think all parcels were opened at the hubs and the contents stolen for the strikers...

Colin_P

I have a parcel which, instead of finding it's way down to me, is sitting at the senders post office awaiting collection (according to the tracking system anyway). Perhaps they've sent it back there because they can't send it down here, or perhaps they've mis-read the address and sent it to the sender, or perhaps the sender gave me the wrong tracking number, or possibly the tracking system is wrong. I have no way of telling.

droreyal

I have a parcel which the seller said that they sent - tracking number isn't on system. I asked for proof that it was sent and they said that they can't send me proof because of the strike. I'm assuming that it wasn't sent? Or am I missing something?

NooNooBug
I have a parcel which the seller said that they sent - tracking number isn't on system. I asked for proof that it was sent and they said that they can't send me proof because of the strike. I'm assuming that it wasn't sent? Or am I missing something?

Lets give them the benefit of the doubt and say they are confused by your request and are unsure how to proove it was sent...? so Ask them for a scanned copy of the post office till slip where the bottom will have the tracking numbers on so you can see the tracking number incase they gave you a wrong number by accident.

ps it may not be on the system as the scanning may not have been done or updated.

Edited by NooNooBug

Free Soul Styles
ps it may not be on the system as the scanning may not have been done or updated.

I have sent out parcels and they don't reflect for a few days. But when i called the customer line they managed to track it for me. Sometimes during transit they don't bother scanning a parcel in or out (shock, shock, horror :blink: )

My best was a parcel that was sent out, found its way to the buyers post office but on the system it showed that it was sent back to me.... That was a pain the backside to sort out!

Edited by Free Soul Styles

Free Soul Styles
I asked for proof that it was sent and they said that they can't send me proof because of the strike. I'm assuming that it wasn't sent? Or am I missing something?

That i find a bit odd. If the parcel was sent in, regardless of the strike, there should be SOME form of a paper trail. The actual till slip from the payment, if there was no insurance added, or the slip the teller makes out on insured parcels or registered letters. Maybe it's possible the seller has not sent it yet because of the strike, but there should be some proof of the transaction. No seller should walk out of a post office without some form of receipt proving the parcel was sent in. That's just my opinion...

wayjen

Be careful that some sellers don't use the strike as an excuse to not send you your item and claim it was posted but because of the strike yada yada yada. Like in some of the above scenarios, ask for proof that the item was handed in at the counter. If people are still bidding on items whilst the strike is on, well good luck to you on getting your item.

NooNooBug
I have sent out parcels and they don't reflect for a few days. But when i called the customer line they managed to track it for me. Sometimes during transit they don't bother scanning a parcel in or out (shock, shock, horror :blink: )

My best was a parcel that was sent out, found its way to the buyers post office but on the system it showed that it was sent back to me.... That was a pain the backside to sort out!

My best was a parcel that got to witspos on 18 sept (I always copy & paste in notes of an order so I know where I am at)then obviously nothing changed for a while & then when I checked this as there was a smidge of movement it was suddenly only at witspos 7 oct ! no evidence it was there before ! Wont complain as went to the buyers PO on the 8th so I think they probably rescanned all the witspos stuff as they had no clue what was going on ! Just happy some parcels are being received, just worried about those that are floating in space !