Sign in to follow this  
marmot trading

Overseas shipping competitive alternatives to SAPO urgently needed

marmot trading

Since the strike started I had to resort to alternative shipping methods and found locally Fastway,the courier guy and PostNet viable alternatives for higher value purchases for local shipping in South Africa. Shipping abroad huge problem no rates close to SAPO airmail or EMS or surfacemail. Can someone suggest a Courier that ships internationally close to SAPO or EMS rates I have been searching and requesting quotes for the past 2 weeks with no luck all quotes at least double or more than SAPO/EMS rates especially on bigger packages 5kg plus. Also below 500 grams a problem because SAPO works rate on per 100 grams whilst couriers work on 500 gram increments.Would like to hear from anyone with viable alternatives to SAPO. Can't BOB negotiate

special rates at courier for all BOB sellers that would be great and also in the interest of Bid or Buy keeping up the standard of service delivery.No doubt the postal strike is crippling the Online Sellers at the moment and scarying potential buyers away from Online purchasing.

Pickle Bearies

Hi, I am using the following for my international sales....Julian Jones Emmanuel – Business Development Executive

> > Remailit / Freightit | 26 Loper Ave | Aeroport | Spartan | Gauteng |

> > South Africa

> > Tel: +27 (0) 11 928 8300

> > Fax: +27 (0) 86 267 6225

> > Mobile: +27 (0) 82 492 0881

> > Email: juliane@remailit.co.za

> > juliane@freightit.co.za

The rates are cheaper than the local SAPO rates!!!!!

NooNooBug
Hi, I am using the following for my international sales....Julian Jones Emmanuel – Business Development Executive

> > Remailit / Freightit | 26 Loper Ave | Aeroport | Spartan | Gauteng |

> > South Africa

> > Tel: +27 (0) 11 928 8300

> > Fax: +27 (0) 86 267 6225

> > Mobile: +27 (0) 82 492 0881

> > Email: juliane@remailit.co.za

> > juliane@freightit.co.za

The rates are cheaper than the local SAPO rates!!!!!

Thanx Juanita ! I contacted them and we are sending our first batch with them on Monday ! My boss is very happy so I get a Noddy badge now thanx to you ! hehehe ! Have a good weekend.

Pickle Bearies
Thanx Juanita ! I contacted them and we are sending our first batch with them on Monday ! My boss is very happy so I get a Noddy badge now thanx to you ! hehehe ! Have a good weekend.

You are very welcome! I have been using them for a while now and am SO happy with their service and as I said their prices are brilliant!

And it's thanks to the strike that I got hold of them....so in some ways the strike can make us search for better methods and we can use the situation to our advantge.