Sign in to follow this  
Asha Craft Jewellery

Changes WRT wording enhancements etc.

Asha Craft Jewellery

Hi team, I haven't gone through all the posts so I do apologise if this has been touched on before..

The changes that have been happening the past few days / week with regards to the wording of enhancements is really distracting. It fills up the page with unnecessary wording, details that was not there before. Is it really required??? :wtf:

Example:

Premium Listing (Ended 1 Oct 14 23:46)

Home Page Featured (Ended 1 Oct 14 23:46)

Category Featured (Ended 1 Oct 14 23:46)

Priority Listing (Ended 1 Oct 14 23:46)

Bold Title (Ended 1 Oct 14 23:46)

Seeing the above on every single item takes ages to scroll through everything, and makes the pages look so cluttered.

I mean it used to be sweet and simple, just stating the enhancement used. There is already a 'time closed' for the listing itself, is it really necessary to show that same date next to each and every enhancement as well?

Much love,

Amanda

Vinyl Lady Decals

I agree, I don't see the point of all the extra wording, an example is:

Relist the original quantity - 8 times - this used to be 8 relists

Enhancements copied when relisting - this is agreed to when creating the listing, why do we need to see this in the item list?

Category Featured (Active) - if the listing is open, this is obviously active, why repeat this info?

Automatic Relisting

Do not copy enhancements when relisting.

Copy enhancements when relisting. Enhancement fees will be charged at the time of each relist.

Listing Enhancements

Preserve Original Enhancements Override Original Enhancements

What is this all about? - it looks like a duplication to me. This is on the picklist.

This way of doing things seems very long-winded and cluttered.

Asha Craft Jewellery

Also this:

Paid Promotion

Home Page Featured (Active)

Category Featured (Active)

Priority Listing (Active)

Highlighted Listing (Active)

Bold Title (Active)

Is the (Active) really necessary? It just makes the page look overdone.

TribalTrade

I contacted Bidorbuy with regards to this.

Once the "active" part is seen, your enhancement is paid for immediately on your account.

This is now done to stop sellers from Free Advertising. You as a seller better also be sure you do your listing correctly. If you close your listing, even though it was only open for a few minutes, you will pay for the "exposure" you received.

I feel that this is quite fair, and will prevent sellers from abusing the exposure they get on Promotional Auctions, by "opening" listings and then "closing" them just before the auction starts, or just removing the enhancements.

I would like to see Bidorbuy extent the "active" part of the listing at least to two hours prior to just deducting the fees?

Asha Craft Jewellery
You as a seller better also be sure you do your listing correctly. If you close your listing, even though it was only open for a few minutes, you will pay for the "exposure" you received.

This is made very clear when listing your auction and you have to accept the Terms and Conditions, so why would it have to be made clear again afterwards?

As I recall Bidorbuy removed the ability to "remove enhancements" from a listing before it opens, quite a few years ago already.

Enhancements will be active and charged for once your listing opens. These are is the T&C's, it is also shows in the listing fees breakdown: Enhancement fees are charged whether the item sells or not. See all fees here. <--- ON THE LISTING PAGE

If you didn't see that while happily clicking on enhancements.. you can see it again once you click on create listing and go to the Confirmation page: Optional enhancement fees will be charged when your item opens.

Are there sellers out there that do not understand this or should we be spoonfed? Which is what all this extra (and in my opinion unnecessary) text is making me feel like.

Vinyl Lady Decals

{QUOTE=Asha Craft Jewellery;165710]This is made very clear when listing your auction and you have to accept the Terms and Conditions, so why would it have to be made clear again afterwards?

As I recall Bidorbuy removed the ability to "remove enhancements" from a listing before it opens, quite a few years ago already.

Enhancements will be active and charged for once your listing opens. These are is the T&C's, it is also shows in the listing fees breakdown: Enhancement fees are charged whether the item sells or not. See all fees here. <--- ON THE LISTING PAGE

If you didn't see that while happily clicking on enhancements.. you can see it again once you click on create listing and go to the Confirmation page: Optional enhancement fees will be charged when your item opens.

Are there sellers out there that do not understand this or should we be spoonfed? Which is what all this extra (and in my opinion unnecessary) text is making me feel like.

I agree 100%, the same info is being unnecessarily repeated, how many more times do we need to know this? Its not necessary to tell us this over and over again for every listing. It's made very clear when the listing is created and again when it is confirmed, I don't see the necessity of repeating this info on your item list as well.